Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:15:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

And Did Those Feet, With Alan Partridge

Started by Kryton, April 05, 2019, 11:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSleep

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on April 06, 2019, 03:21:26 PM
Have you seen the programmes I'm referring to? They didn't pull any punches, they were unequivocal statements about the threat of climate change.

I think some punches were pulled.

I've seen all of them (never miss out on a bit of David) and it is sidelined. I can see that more could have been done and that the one episode before now that actually had a real impact was the final one in the series Blue Planet II. Who knows how much of a struggle it was to get that episode on air as it is, but it demonstrated the need for more like it and, for some reason, he opted to go outside the BBC to do that ("for the money, obviously" - Uncle TechTip).

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

I'm not talking about Blue Planet, I'm talking about the likes of The Truth About Climate Change and Climate Change: Britain Under Threat.

Mind you, I've just checked and they both went out over ten years ago. As I say, the BBC should be making more programmes about climate change and I'm glad they appear to have realised that (albeit belatedly).

greencalx

Quote from: kalowski on April 06, 2019, 03:29:25 PM
PoML and SI are some the weakest Partridge for me. The worst parts of TTWAP were the filmed "segment" bits, and that's basically what the documentaries were (and unfortunately this one will be).

Really? You've not mentioned this before.

My concern is inevitable comparisons with Cunk on Britain. I hope they manage to do something very different with AP presenting.