Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:22:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tim Curry passes away

Started by Default to the negative, April 06, 2019, 03:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
another career opportunity by steadfastly staying in retirement.

Which is a shame. What are some of your favourite Tim Curry moments?

Nowhere Man

Nae need fae that man

Tim's a great lad, i'd go out for a Curry with Mr. Curry

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

wosl

Loved his triple toe-loops at Innsbruck.

Replies From View

biggytitbo

Tim curry, Tim rice, the tastiest Tims.

Clue though, what a fucking film Clue is. Might be my favourite.

garnish

Yes, dead happy to be alive still lol!

QDRPHNC

Malcy

Yet another shitty thread to clog up the already clogged with shite GB section. It amazes me how many people must think they are ABSOLUTELY FUCKING HILARIOUS with threads like these and the endless unnecessary clone threads. Forum is going to shit.

rue the polywhirl

Malcy passes away...

...the chance to be magnanimous towards people who start fake threads about celebrity deaths.

Jake Thingray

I'll be intrigued to see his early lead role in an Armchair Theatre, "Verite" by Howard Schuman, when it turns up on the Talking Pictures channel in a week or so. Curry also deserves commendation, in my book, for turning down the part of "the Doctor" in a never made, 1980's-mooted film of "the show".

St_Eddie

Yeah, this thread is shit.  It's in poor taste, pointless and unoriginal.  What's worse is that it made me think that Tim Curry was dead.  That alone is unforgivable.

machotrouts

St_Eddie

Quote from: machotrouts on April 06, 2019, 10:01:32 PM
machotrouts is dead...

The machotrouts is dead!  Long live the... wait, what was the name again?  I've forgotten already.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Has anyone ever done one where they say "The Queen Is Dead", then start talking about the album by The Smiths? That would be highly amusing.

The Culture Bunker

I very much liked his voiceover work as the titular character in the first Gabriel Knight game. Marvellous stuff.

Spiteface

Tim Curry's finest hour was clearly voicing Kilokahn in Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad:

St_Eddie

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on April 06, 2019, 10:20:01 PM
I very much liked his voiceover work as the titular character in the first Gabriel Knight game. Marvellous stuff.

I'll stand by you on that.  It's an absolutely ludicrous and absurd attempt at a New Orleans accent but at the same time, it's like buttery candy for the ears.

"What can you tell me about voodoo?"

Also, any excuse to post a link to this.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 06, 2019, 11:17:44 PM
I'll stand by you on that.  It's an absolutely ludicrous and absurd attempt at a New Orleans accent but at the same time, it's like buttery candy for the ears.
Funny, when I first played that game 25 or whatever years ago (fucking hell), I had no clue what a New Orelans accent was like. I probably don't now, come to think of it. But I knew he sounded like personification of cool. Great supporting cast, too.

They shit the bed with that sequel, mind you.

St_Eddie

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on April 07, 2019, 12:14:58 AM
Funny, when I first played that game 25 or whatever years ago (fucking hell), I had no clue what a New Orelans accent was like. I probably don't now, come to think of it. But I knew he sounded like personification of cool. Great supporting cast, too.

Just stay away from the 20th Anniversary Edition, which replaces the original cast with unknowns (and replaces the art with technically superior but artistically, vastly inferior artwork).  To be fair, the replacement cast do a good job but I mean come on, if you're given a choice between a bunch of nobodies, or Tim Curry, Mark Hamill and Michael Dorn, who are you going to choose?  Only a madman or a fool would choosse the former.

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on April 07, 2019, 12:14:58 AMThey shit the bed with that sequel, mind you.

If you mean in terms of the casting of Dean Erickson (you might remember him from such roles as... a background extra in an episode of Fraiser) as Gabriel Knight, then yes, yes they did.  If however, you mean that the game itself is bad, then I strongly but respectively disagree.  Gabriel Knight: The Beast Within remains one of the few FMV games which is actually good.  Yes, the acting is bad (across the board - well, except for the main antagonist) but the story is excellent and in equal turns, educational (outside of the werewolf shenanigans, I mean).

Any game which makes an agoraphobic player actively want to visit Munich just to buy a cuckoo clock, has to be doing something right.

Captain Z

Can I just say, and I'm not being sarcastic, that I think these threads are hilarious and please keep doing them.

Captain Z

I just had to look up Tim Curry and I definitely remember he already did pass away.

RIP

St_Eddie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: Captain Z on April 07, 2019, 01:04:23 AM
I just had to look up Tim Curry and I definitely remember he already did pass away.

RIP

Given that Tim Curry was in Scary Movie 2, it was quite cruel to devise a butler character, just so that they could mock Tim Curry's withered hand.

Blumf

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 06, 2019, 04:16:39 PM
Tim curry, Tim rice, the tastiest Tims.

Where's Tim Chips when you need him?

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Fucking hell, give it a rest with these threads. They're not funny. This is CaB, not some witless conglomeration of tedious edgelord cunts.

Twed

St_Eddie

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on April 07, 2019, 01:18:20 AM
Fucking hell, give it a rest with these threads. They're not funny. This is CaB, not some witless conglomeration of tedious edgelord cunts.

Yes, yes, yes.  A thousand times yes.