Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:26:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Grand National

Started by daf, April 06, 2019, 04:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

And continuously getting away with assaulting sabs. But then leading Tory politicians are happy to host them.

Ray Travez

It's a stark illustration of the contempt they hold for the law, for the general populace, and for wildlife.

SteveDave

Quote from: The Boston Crab on April 06, 2019, 07:11:29 PM
My wife's mate's son makes a living from betting on horses. Genuinely. He makes about £150k a year net. I expect it'll all go and he has no savings but he tends to be very particular about where and when he bets and he bets hard. It's an interesting and very strange life. I don't feel money has any value except for that which I'm paid. It must be weird earning interest and rent or whatever.

My wife's uncle wrote a book about betting for a living (called "Betting For A Living") and now lives in a hotel in Japan. There's rumours that he's betting for the Yakuza but I think that might be peanut juice. He seems happy enough though. A lovely fellow too.

Ray Travez

I've got that book! Haven't read it yet, still ploughing through 'Squares & Sharps, Suckers & Sharks' by Joseph Buchdal.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Ray Travez on April 08, 2019, 10:18:46 AM
You're aware that fox hunting pretty much continues the same as it always has done, despite the ban?

Funny how rich folk are allowed to hunt foxes with dogs and horses but there's laws in place to prevent working class lads hunting rabbits and hares (which are actually edible). Seems like a double standard to me.