Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:47:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Will you be happy or sad when the queen dies

Started by garnish, April 06, 2019, 07:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garnish

First person to say 'indifferent' is an edgelord.

garnish

Come on guys of course we'll miss the mad old bint

Hey, Punk!

WHO WOULD WE PUT ON THE MONEY!? DIDN'T THINK ABOUT THAT DID YOU!?

Replies From View

When the qvin dies I shall feel this:

PRIDE IN'T BEIN INGLIT

king_tubby

The power of HARD BREXIT will re-animate her corpse, and she will roam the earth, seeking a mate to father a new BEAST OF GLAMIS.

I have seen this in the runes.

Sin Agog

I'll just be happy that it gave that particular day a glimmer of character (before going back to sleep again twenty minutes after I wake up).

Small Man Big Horse

I'll be very, very sad, because all the good tv show's will be postponed for 24 hour rolling news footage of idiots pretending to look upset.

biggytitbo

I'll probably be masturbating like I was when the Queen mum died.

shiftwork2

Every now and then I remember that there's a "Queen".  It's a perturbing feeling of unreality, similar to looking up at the moon and knowing that fellas have played golf on it and flown back home.  Just cannot be true can it?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on April 06, 2019, 08:10:49 PM
I'll be very, very sad, because all the good tv show's will be postponed for 24 hour rolling news footage of idiots pretending to look upset.

Thankfully unlike when Diana carked it we've got online streaming now so I'll still be able to watch my cartoons.

Replies From View

Quote from: shiftwork2 on April 06, 2019, 08:11:54 PM
Every now and then I remember that there's a "Queen".  It's a perturbing feeling of unreality, similar to looking up at the moon and knowing that fellas have played golf on it and flown back home.  Just cannot be true can it?

No it can't be true.  I have the same thing - I remember we have a queen and then I start wondering what other chess pieces we might have.

Bazooka

I will not, because I don't fancy swinging from the gallows for treason.

machotrouts

I'll be sad... because of being in JAIL for KICKING the QUEEN to DEATH

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

How will Jeanette Charles be able to support herself?

Alberon

It'll be a lot more than 24 hours. Thank god for DVDs and streaming services.

Prince Philip will go first so that will be smaller scale version we'll have to deal with.

But my reaction to the CoD's death is the same as any other 90+ woman I've never met

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Replies From View

I remember when the Brexit result came in, some people at work were saying "I reckon the next big thing will be the queen dying" as if they are in any way similar levels of concern.

Sebastian Cobb

Hope I'm near a radio so I can see whether R1 actually plays Sabres of Paradise.

Spiteface

Quote from: Alberon on April 06, 2019, 10:12:05 PM
It'll be a lot more than 24 hours. Thank god for DVDs and streaming services.

Prince Philip will go first so that will be smaller scale version we'll have to deal with.

Phil's going nowhere. Whicih is good, because I quite like the racist git.

Some people claim they "don't care what other people think" but I genuinely think he gives no fucks. At all.

As for Liz 2 carking it, I honestly haven't given it much thought.

Replies From View

While the queen is on her deathbed do you reckon she'll just be going

AM I QVIN VICTORIA?
(Reply:  no ma'am)

AM I QVIN MARGARET?
(No ma'am)

AM I QVIN ANNE QVIN OF SCOTS?
(No ma'am)

AM I QVIN ELISABETH FIRST
(No)

AM I QVIN EMILY
(Nope)

AM I QVIN SUSAN MARY JONES
(No)

AM I QVIN JANE
(No ma'am you are Queen Elisabeth the Second)

AM I QVIN DIANA
(No ma'am)

AM I QVIN FIONA
(No ma'am)

And so on until she finally dies.

buttgammon

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 06, 2019, 10:20:56 PM
Hope I'm near a radio so I can see whether R1 actually plays Sabres of Paradise.

I won't be sad but I reckon I will be fascinated, precisely because of stuff like this. Provided I'm not in the UK and can take in the mentalness from a safe distance (and can put some actually telly on when it gets boring), observing how the mad public grief unfolds will be really interesting. It may also have the unfortunate effect of disproving my naive thought that "Britain isn't quite North Korea."

mojo filters

I'll be stocking up on whatever inflatable, wise-cracking, cartoonish character I anticipate such an event would provoke a rush on. Although I suspect they've already factored in the most profitable lines of merchandise in the parts of Operation London Bridge that remain classified.

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 06, 2019, 08:11:33 PM
I'll probably be masturbating like I was when the Queen mum died.

Just don't hit her between the eyes this time.

Dex Sawash

I will be very excited to try out my joke about the new wan king

Twed

JesusAndYourBush

I'll probably say something like 'She's had a good innings, and poor Charles is too old to enjoy being king, and bloody hell all my favourite shows have been replaced with wall-to-wall solemn music."

Quote from: garnish on April 06, 2019, 07:16:40 PM
First person to say 'indifferent' is an edgelord.

That's the third time I've seen someone use that word on this forum.  I've been assuming it means wanker.

thenoise

I've long harboured the fantasy that with the death of the current queen will come the death of the monarchy in this country.  So I guess I will be sad, because I will finally realise that that won't fucking happen.

Spoon of Ploff

...idiots pretending to look upset.

Trying to imagin what those crinkly old sprogs of hers will be thinking of to make them look sad when they're strolling behind mummy's cart driven coffin (i mean they have to right? they set a precedent when they forced them two young lads to do it.. right?)

I reckon it'll be

Anne: favorite horse she had to shoot.. there was nothing wrong with it.. it was just a bit of character building
Edward: being told to stop stalking his nephews to make money
Andrew: on finding out there'd be no more Epstein parties
Charlse: on finding out he had to do this walk and not have some minimum wage functionary do it for him.

Me. I won't be happy until the lot of them have fucked off for good.