Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:19:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Will you be happy or sad when the queen dies

Started by garnish, April 06, 2019, 07:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Her death will bring us nearer the day we get a future President Blair or Thatcher, so hardly an unmixed blessing.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on April 07, 2019, 07:57:54 AM
Her death will bring us nearer the day we get a future President Blair or Thatcher, so hardly an unmixed blessing.

So? That's a democracy.

Cunt of Death to die, Monarchy to end, unelected Lords to be thrown out and derobed IN THE STREET

NoSleep

I'm looking forward to the "fury" from some corners when they change the lyrics of God Save The Queen.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: NoSleep on April 07, 2019, 08:22:03 AM
I'm looking forward to the "fury" from some corners when they change the lyrics of God Save The Queen.

God Grave the Queen?

Cerys

I predict that some edgelord comedian will make a shit joke about it next day, and be strung up from a lamp post by a gaggle of vengeful thirtysomethings.

imitationleather

I think whatever happens it'll be emotional. Even the cake will be in tears/tiers !!!

Replies From View

Crisps?

I'll be disappointed if she beats Tito's record. Even more disappointed if no Yugoslavia-style civil war erupts because nobody can take her place.

End of a bygone era though. Sarcastically and genuinely. Brexit + Scottish independence + Irish reunification + end of the last proper Queen = goodbye to the UK in the next few years. I also think other countries where she's head of state are more likely to become republics after her death, while remaining in the Commonwealth.

Replies From View

Quite amazing to think that any one of the Queen's shits these days could end up being her last.

I wonder if her butlers are under instruction to keep her final ever shit for posterity.  That would mean they are storing every shit for about a day just in case, until it is superceded by the next.  And I wonder if one of the butlers is a bit lazier than the others so when it's his shift he ends up accidentally stockpiling several of the Queen's shits, and then when he remembers he has to throw out all but the most recent one, he carefully takes them to a selection of different bins so nobody notices what he has done.

Things like this.

Ray Travez

Quote from: Replies From View on April 07, 2019, 10:50:07 AM
Quite amazing to think that any one of the Queen's shits these days could end up being her last on ebay.

Replies From View

Quote from: Ray Travez on April 07, 2019, 11:38:37 AM
Quote from: Replies From View on April 07, 2019, 10:50:07 AM
Quite amazing to think that any one of the Queen's shits these days could end up being her last on ebay.

Beware of fake ones!  It'll be like fragments of the Berlin Wall all over again!

I think you'd simply know when you were holding one of The Queen's Final Ever Shits and not a fake, though.  It would be regal, splendid, and ache of formaldehyde.  They'd give it a nice box and pop a little crown on it.  You couldn't fake that.

Neville Chamberlain

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Ray Travez

Quote from: Replies From View on April 07, 2019, 11:39:52 AM
I think you'd simply know when you were holding one of The Queen's Final Ever Shits and not a fake, though.  It would be regal, splendid, and ache of formaldehyde.  They'd give it a nice box and pop a little crown on it.  You couldn't fake that.

Every one of Her Majesty's bowel movements is specially stamped with the Royal Crest by an Officer of the Queen's Guard, so you'd know it was authentic. I read that in Majesty Magazine- first for Royal news since 1981.

petril

excited that I'll be able to see the broadcasting industry reacting in real time to such a thing. changes in schedule, news flashes and slides and the like while they cover it. Slept through Diana and I hate myself for it

Replies From View

I sometimes like to think of the Qvin in her fatter days, blaming throne after throne for "not being good enough" and breaking under her colossal weight.

FAT BITCH

Icehaven

If Trump's still about then at least one tiny plus will be that he'll probably tweet something like UK QUEEN DEAD! SAD RIP BUT HEY IF BUCK PALACE FOR SALE NOW WOULD MAKE GREAT TRUMP HOTEL and cause a big international incident. 

Cerys

The Queen will die locked in hand-to-hand combat with Trump, taking him with her.  Either that or a badger.

Replies From View

I wonder how many times Old Qvin derived a laugh at one of her many private picnics by blacking up and clutching a segment of watermelon.

At least one too many times, I suspect.

Cuellar

I shall be deeply sad for she is me grandmama

Replies From View

Harry will be more upset when James Hewitt's mum dies.

NoSleep

Replies From View

Was always a fan of the Eddie Izzard one of "God Attack The Queen".

Flatulent Fox

Well I'll be happy to vote on the next monarch because I missed the last time as I wasn't born yet.
My vote would have been Sid James back then,and he only narrowly lost to saxe coburg gotha 'windsor' by all accounts.

Richard E Grant would get my vote as he'd make great speeches,or Lucy RaRa Worsley if it's a queen.She'd be good at dressing up and already knows a bit about history and such.

Boris Johnson will probably win though as he's popular with the youth.

Icehaven

Are there any obvious Olivia Colman/Judi Dench equivalents for screen King Charleses? Can see Tom Hiddleston maybe giving it a stab.

ajsmith2

Imagine if The Queen has another 20 years reign left though.

SteveDave

I wonder who'll be the first DJ on 6 Music to play "Take Me Back To Dear Old Blightly"? I reckon Stuart Maconie. He must be well pissed off to just be doing weekends now.

Alberon

EOLAN

Quote from: icehaven on April 08, 2019, 01:23:34 PM
Are there any obvious Olivia Colman/Judi Dench equivalents for screen King Charleses? Can see Tom Hiddleston maybe giving it a stab.
Adam Godley (who played Elliott Schwartz in Breaking Bad). The guy who pretty much impersonated him in Series 2 of the original House of Cards was pretty good too.

When the Queen dies; I will probably finally sign in for a Digital Spy Forum account and several others. I will find any thread suggesting that Charles should pass on the throne to William and state that isn't how a hereditary monarchy works.