Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:12:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Frasier and Rodney finally on stage together

Started by Small Man Big Horse, April 07, 2019, 06:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Yep, it's presumably Biggy's wet dream come true as right wing cunt Kelsey Grammar is doing one of those musical things which co-stars Nicholas Lyndhurst. I'd actually quite like to go, but only if I got tickets for £7.98 and not a penny more, so it's probably unlikely to happen unless the reviews are terrible and it turns up on a seat filling website. More info and Kelsey singing (but sadly not Nicholas) is here: https://www.eno.org/whats-on/man-of-la-mancha/

Tony Yeboah

The one where Kel Boy fell through the bar. Due to a substance abuse problem.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

An OFAH episode shot like an episode of Cheers would be grand, why not do that instead of this shit? Fff.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

gilbertharding

Frasier and Only Fools have very similar situations though. If only Martin Crane had gone on and on about what he did during the war, and if Frazier Crane had called Niles a plonker sometimes.

Glebe

Sideshow Bob and Hot Rod - together at last!

Dusty Substance

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: gilbertharding on April 08, 2019, 05:28:11 PM
Frasier and Only Fools have very similar situations though. If only Martin Crane had gone on and on about what he did during the war, and if Frazier Crane had called Niles a plonker sometimes.

And both younger brothers got married to really bad actresses annoying characters.

Nowhere Man

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

It's Bea Arthur on stage with Robin Nedwell all over again.

Glebe

FRAZIER: He's my favourite Australian comedy actor... lovererlie jubberlie!

TheMonk

Has Lyndhurst always had a head shaped like a shoebox?

SteveDave

He's wearing combat trousers! I can't breathe. Send help.

Glebe

I was switching between Frasier and The Piglet Files this morning and I thought of this.

Tony Yeboah

Quote from: Glebe on April 13, 2019, 02:16:57 AM
I was switching between Frasier and The Piglet Files this morning and I thought of this.

Hold on- Rodney Trotter, The Piglet Files, Goodnight Pig's heart. The man's obsessed.

Glebe

Quote from: Tony Yeboah on April 13, 2019, 09:34:20 AMHold on- Rodney Trotter, The Piglet Files, Goodnight Pig's heart. The man's obsessed.

Another connection - Pigser and Pig Cheers - not to mention Sideshow Pig in The Pigsons!

We're through the pigging glass here, pigople.

Bennett Brauer

Don't forget his early leading roles in The Prince and the Porker.

Ornlu

JamesTC

George White

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on April 08, 2019, 11:41:47 PM
It's Bea Arthur on stage with Robin Nedwell all over again.
Discovered Billy Dee Williams' big break was in the Broadway version of A Taste of Honey with Angela Lansbury and Joan Plowright plus the more UK sitcommy Nigel Davenport and Andrew Ray. Lando https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb8um1SHfTg Even sang the theme. 

Seagullsim

I think people are missing the true sitcom star here - Peter Polycarpu, who played Chris Theodopolopodous in Birds of a Feather. Almost worth going just for him...

Shaky

Quote from: Seagullsim on April 14, 2019, 11:19:16 PM
I think people are missing the true sitcom star here - Peter Polycarpu, who played Chris Theodopolopodous in Birds of a Feather. Almost worth going just for him...

Heh, I was scrolling down hoping I'd be the first to mention that. Would love to be a fly on the wall when Nick n' Pete try to explain their respective sitcoms to a bored, Trump-espousing Kelsey.

Just googled aborted Only Fools US remake Kings of Van Nuys and amazed to see there are a couple of clips on Youtube. I was under the impression it would've been a more realistic, audience free sitcom (and was convinced they didn't actually film anything) but instead it was.... this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl0V3eqiukg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=3Zy44_K26is

JamesTC

Quote from: Shaky on April 15, 2019, 12:09:04 AM
Just googled aborted Only Fools US remake Kings of Van Nuys and amazed to see there are a couple of clips on Youtube. I was under the impression it would've been a more realistic, audience free sitcom (and was convinced they didn't actually film anything) but instead it was.... this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl0V3eqiukg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=3Zy44_K26is

The plot was... questionable.

QuoteThe pilot was directed by Ted Wass, best known for his role as Closeau's nephew in Curse of the Pink Panther, and followed the two brothers as they try to get into the business of selling unwanted and damaged goods. One of the items that they choose to buy is a DeLorean monster truck, the purchase does not turn out to be profitable and in order to break even, they have the monster truck go against Robosaurus. In a side story, it seems that Del infuriated the daughter of the owner of Robosaurus by refusing her sexual advances.

It makes Miami Twice look normal.

Shaky

I maintain that John Leguizamo was a good choice for Del and Christopher Lloyd a good fit for Granddad, but fuck knows what the rest was about.

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on April 13, 2019, 04:46:18 PM

I'm seeing double - eight Rodneys?

QuoteThe pilot was directed by Ted Wass, best known for his role as Closeau's nephew in Curse of the Pink Panther

Roberto Begnini played Clouseau's son. Wass just played another shit detective (Roger Moore plays a post-surgery Clouseau in the same film, and is amazing).

Shit Good Nose

Those with a hankering to see what a young Nicholas Lyndhurst would be up to if he were just coming on stream now could do worse than checking out actually-not-that-bad CBBC kids sitcom So Awkward, which features Lyndhurst's son Archie.

Rolf Lundgren

Ted Wass best known for The Curse of the Pink Panther? He was the dad in Blossom!

I'm going to see Man of La Mancha and really looking forward to it.

Tony Yeboah

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on April 15, 2019, 10:29:22 PM
Ted Wass best known for The Curse of the Pink Panther? He was the dad in Blossom!

Didnt Blossom accuse Rodney of raping her?

George White

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on April 15, 2019, 10:29:22 PM

And he was Billy Crystal's brother in Soap.