Author Topic: Utterly trivial observations about comedy  (Read 3085 times)

neveragain

• like those swamp tar pits that bubble and go Gloop
Re: Utterly trivial observations about comedy
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2019, 07:04:57 PM »
Michael reads "with special celebrity star guest Sue Cook" from a sign that says "with special celebrity guest star Sue Cook".

Also amusing in the first series of IAP, there's the lady who trips over the reception step while exiting in the first episode and, in the last, Kevin Eldon's chuckling racist who can't open the hallway door after leaving Alan's party. Watch out for that one. It's quite hilarious. Just cuts away after he bumps into the doorframe.

« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2019, 10:25:03 PM »
I have that series imprinted on my soul and know both moments well :-)

They have a good chuckle at that poor woman on the commentary track, bless her

neveragain

• like those swamp tar pits that bubble and go Gloop
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2019, 11:40:20 PM »
They talk about having to remove a "massive clunk on the soundtrack" or something, yes. :)

icehaven

• I will be in the bar, with my head on the bar
« Reply #63 on: Yesterday at 09:01:34 AM »
In the Family Guy episode where they do The Shawshank Redemption, as Peter escapes through the sewer Cleveland's voiceover says "Why he chose Enchilada night, I will never know." However Peter broke into the sewer pipe by banging on it as the prison guard was watching Friends, timing the banging with the handclaps on the theme tune to cover it. So he'd have had to have escaped the same night Friends was broadcast, which obviously must have coincided with enchilada night.