Author Topic: Snooker 19/This Is Snooker  (Read 11662 times)

Blue Jam

• AM NO A GRASS
Re: Snooker 19/This Is Snooker
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2019, 11:43:03 AM »
I bet Gouldyballs loves a bit of GTA doesn't he

buttgammon

• You can't trust a man what's made of gas
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2019, 11:46:45 PM »
A bit late to this (sorry for the bump) but I recently got this as an impulse buy and I'm obsessed. What other game features so many likenesses of balding, pallid, vitamin-deficient men who look like sex offenders? It's incredible. The lower ranked players look like bad photofits of a paedophile ring, with the odd serial killer and people trafficker thrown in for good measure.

It's also a lot of fun to play, and I'm enjoying trying to improve my positional play. There seems to be the sort of learning curve that can give this some real mileage - I'm about to dip my toe into career mode but I'm still too scared to play online for the time being.

NJ Uncut

• Good luck anyone on Universal Credit x
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2019, 06:37:43 PM »
I'm really good at this since I wrote down what percentages to use for certain shots

I always do a shitty little break where the white glances a red on the corner, put maximum topspin and go for about 25% and see where that gets you!

« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2019, 07:45:05 PM »
I'm a 55 percent one cushion glancer.

Might write that into one of those raps songs they do now.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

• Are we human? Or are we toilet
    • http://jackanderton.jamendo.net/
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2019, 08:07:32 PM »
The stance the players revert to after every single shot is annoying as fuck though. Very outdated.

They should cut to one of them unscrewing some complimentary mineral water or pointlessly faffing with a flannel. Or someone in the audience smugly guffawing to a Virgo quipperoony

buttgammon

« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2019, 09:10:03 PM »
I'm really good at this since I wrote down what percentages to use for certain shots

I always do a shitty little break where the white glances a red on the corner, put maximum topspin and go for about 25% and see where that gets you!

I'm awful at breaks - thanks for the tip!

Blue Jam

• AM NO A GRASS
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2019, 12:48:04 AM »
This is my GOTY so far, seriously. It looks cheap, it looks ugly (though you can't blame the developers for the players' mugs) and it's not original, but it is the one I've spent the most time on and the one I've enjoyed the most playing randoms online, and I'm generally more of a campaign/solo player.

This may be because 2019 has been a pretty woeful year for games, but fuck it, this one manages to be addictive and also strangely relaxing. I hope the lobby stays relatively busy for a good long time now, or we get a Snooker 20 next year.

buttgammon

« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2019, 10:15:03 AM »
Couldn't sleep last night so decided to play a couple of frames as Peter Ebdon and mirrored the man's slow, attritional style. It only bloody worked!

NJ Uncut

« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2019, 12:28:46 PM »
I'm ranked fifth in campaign as James Cahill

Half the time I don't even bother adjusting the power, just the top or back spin to control where it goes. 50% = table length

Hate when the player takes a shot and stands at bottom of table blocking the action though. Fuck off out the way

Shoulders?-Stomach!

• Are we human? Or are we toilet
    • http://jackanderton.jamendo.net/
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2019, 01:05:55 PM »
Hate when the player takes a shot and stands at bottom of table blocking the action though. Fuck off out the way

Aye, basic errors which would be ironed out given enough resources. Sort of thing you'd get in turn of the noughties pc sports titles.

Football games are the fucking space race and virtually all other non US sports have to put up with the equivalent resources of a Welsh renewable energy company powered by and owned by someone called Dung.

imitationleather

• "The French... are famous... for their kissing"
    • http://last.fm/user/ImiLeathr
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2019, 01:58:39 PM »
someone called Dung

Is that what Junhui is called on the snooker game that didn't shell out for the licenses?

NJ Uncut

« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2019, 10:44:27 AM »
Sony's stupid newsletter has big upped (or is it "bigged up"?) my Snooker 19 trophy haul!

Blue Jam

• AM NO A GRASS
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2019, 10:54:30 PM »
I am crap at Career Mode in this (playing as James Cahill like every other fucker). Real humans online are more fun than a boringly accurate robotic AI, but that’s enough about Mark Selby.

buttgammon

« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2019, 09:51:45 AM »
I'm playing as some scared-looking Chinese teenager (Fan something I think) and finding it a bit of a slog, although I did beat Ding Junhui yesterday. Finally getting to grips with safety play, which helped against Ding; I really did play some cracking snookers.

The venue names (all real, of course) are hilarious, straight out of that H.S. Art thread.

Blue Jam

• AM NO A GRASS
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2019, 10:54:44 PM »
For extra authenticity, the latest update has added a few Legend Garys in the audience shouting "GWAAAAAARN RONNIIIEEEEUUURRGGGGHHH"

Blue Jam

• AM NO A GRASS
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2019, 11:22:47 PM »
...and the chalk marks on the cloth are more faint and less numerous. I think they've given us virtual Taom here lads.

NJ Uncut

« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2019, 07:38:36 AM »
For extra authenticity, the latest update has added a few Legend Garys in the audience shouting "GWAAAAAARN RONNIIIEEEEUUURRGGGGHHH"

Oh great. I was already annoyed at the tittering at every bad miss. Every shot! Cunts in the crowd sniggering like fuck

Then they patched in somebody's blower going off and them being told off for it. Great, they patched in an annoyance from reality

Now it's Garys going WwwHAAAAYYYYYY

May as well patch in bad traffic or going to the wrong Barnsley

buttgammon

« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2019, 10:21:15 AM »
Yeah, all this 'authenticity' is naff and annoying. If I have to go to the toilet between shots, I often hear the commentators trying to hurry me up while I'm in mid-flow and end up pissing on the seat. Bloody nightmare. Yet, I can't play on mute because the crisp sound on snooker balls is a beautiful thing indeed.

Next patch: Ronnie O'Sullivan randomly walking out of matches.

Blue Jam

• AM NO A GRASS
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2019, 11:15:16 AM »
Neil Foulds really sounds like Simon's dad from The Inbetweeners.

I've been playing as Ronnie at the K2 Crawley and unsuccessfully fighting the urge to put on a high-pitched Essex accent and go "Wah wah wah this venue smells of wee" every time I miss a pot. I'm going to have to stop this.