Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:17:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bill Wyman cancelled

Started by thecuriousorange, April 08, 2019, 05:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

He should use the fact that Mandy Smith has looked like a 37 year old woman since she was 11 as a defense.

QuoteIn 2013, Wyman revealed that he had volunteered to be interviewed by police in the wake of more recent celebrity sex scandals, but they declined.

"I went to the police and I went to the public prosecutor and said, 'Do you want to talk to me? Do you want to meet up with me, or anything like that?' and I got a message back, 'No,'" he said. "I was totally open about it."

lol what

why would you do this

Glebe

"Alright lads do you want to charge me for going out with a thirteen year-old?"

"Nah mate don't worry about it."

"Okay cheers bye."

Il est un has-been-et le sex-life aussi.

Twed

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on April 08, 2019, 05:31:13 PM
lol what

why would you do this
Rip the plaster off early on I guess, so you feel innocent early on and get some peace of mind.

alan nagsworth

So how come no one's cancelling Iggy and Bowie then?

Does the argument "it was a different time" still stand if offences committed in the '70s can still be overlooked, but not in the '80s?

This doesn't look good for Calvin Harris's debut single.

PlanktonSideburns

No bangers. Should have made more of an effort with his 80s solo stuff, only has himself to blame really

Mr. Internet

Quote from: alan nagsworth on April 08, 2019, 06:16:07 PM
So how come no one's cancelling Iggy and Bowie then?

Does the argument "it was a different time" still stand if offences committed in the '70s can still be overlooked, but not in the '80s?

This doesn't look good for Calvin Harris's debut single.

The argument will always stand when the perpetrator is a sexy cool bastard.

Cuellar

Quote from: Mr. Internet on April 08, 2019, 06:29:02 PM
The argument will always stand when the perpetrator is a sexy cool bastard.

Explain John Peel.

Mr. Internet

Quote from: Cuellar on April 08, 2019, 06:36:22 PM
Explain John Peel.

Is he not 'cool' to people who thought (and still think) he was a broadcasting legend?

The sexy is not so much of a factor as the cool, I'll admit. Being cool is the clincher.

Twed

Wyman cancelled? Because man touches young girls.

I'm still amazed Motley Crue have just been granted a Netflix biopic declaring them to be a great bunch of lads.

Twed

There are some bands that are clearly just statutory rapes being shuttled around in a tour bus, but the media cycle is such that we act as ad revenue generators during the celebration period, and then again later when the designated outrage time has arrived.

mojo filters

Prince Philip first officially met Queen Elizabeth II when she was 13. Is he next?

Nobody ever mentions the fact that they're actual first cousins. Making ol' Duke the UK's answer to Jerry Lee Lewis - a man so problematic he got cancelled in the 1950s.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: mojo filters on April 08, 2019, 10:04:59 PM
Prince Philip first officially met Queen Elizabeth II when she was 13. Is he next?

peadophile royal families? sounds a bit far fetched

(pretends to drink tea from empty mug with a crown logo on it)

Hey, Punk!

It's simple: if you dislike the person, say you knew they were a paedo all along. If you like them, say that we shouldn't rush to conclusions.

Icehaven

That's where all the others have been going wrong, they didn't marry their victims.

Glebe

This doesn't look good for Wyman.

Bennett Brauer

I'd write a bawdy poem about this if I could only think of an appropriate rhyme for Wyman.

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on April 09, 2019, 01:57:48 AM
I'd write a bawdy poem about this if I could only think of an appropriate rhyme for Wyman.

Ha!

TheMonk

Bronzy

There was an old rocker named Wyman
Who met a young lass in Ryman
He whispered in her ear
"Wanna go for a beer?"
And now she's got a well-broken hymen

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on April 09, 2019, 01:57:48 AM

Try, man !

idunnosomename

Quote from: icehaven on April 08, 2019, 11:58:25 PM
That's where all the others have been going wrong, they didn't marry their victims.
And then go off them when they turn 20

alan nagsworth

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 09, 2019, 09:46:55 AM
And then go off them when they turn 20

20 year olds are quite unsavoury though. Going off to uni with a load of people their own age, discovering independence and realising their ex was a Hey Kiddle Diddle? Fuck that noise.

idunnosomename

"They grow up so fast!" - Bill Wyman on wives