Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:18:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bill Wyman cancelled

Started by thecuriousorange, April 08, 2019, 05:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveDave

QuoteBill's 30-year-old son Stephen married Mandy's mother, age 46. That made Stephen a stepfather to his former stepmother. If Bill and Mandy had remained married, Stephen would have been his father's father-in-law and his own grandpa

Is that from Wikipedia? Or is it a spoiler for the new play by Sophocles?

SteveDave

I swear all that used to be on wiki but I got it from typing Bill Wyman Stephen Mandy Smith mother in Google.com

daf

Quote from: SteveDave on April 09, 2019, 10:46:01 AMStephen would have been his father's father-in-law and his own grandpa

Many, many years ago when I was forty seven
I was grooming a young daughter who was barely past eleven
This daughter had a grown-up mum who had hair of red
My son fell in love with her and soon they too were wed 

My wife is now my daughter's daughter and it makes me blue
Because although she is my wife she's my granddaughter too
Now if my wife is my granddaughter then I'm her grandfather
Oh god what was I thinking? Now I'm in a right palaver!

(bass solo)

gilbertharding

Quote from: thecuriousorange on April 08, 2019, 10:11:08 PM
...Jerry Lee Lewis - a man so problematic he got cancelled in the 1950s.

I mean, obviously... but presumably the fact that The Killer married Myra Gale Brown when she was 13 (and he was 22) at least suggests that was legal in Tennessee, even if it's horrible in all sorts of other ways.

I'm listening to Live at the Star Club as I type this, because I was promised it "is regarded by music journalists and fans as one of the wildest and greatest live rock albums ever."

It's no Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!

daf

More 'Get Your Yo-Yo's out'?

Cuellar

Je Suis Un Nonce-Star.

Already done?

MattD

God forbid if Bowie is cancelled, the DJs at BBC Radio 6 Music will all kill themselves when they have nothing else to play.

PaulTMA

Quote from: MattD on April 09, 2019, 10:00:06 PM
God forbid if Bowie is cancelled, the DJs at BBC Radio 6 Music will all kill themselves when they have nothing else to play.

Steve Lamacq opened his show on the day Bowie died by playing Carter USM so I think they will scrape by somehow

Phil_A

Quote from: MattD on April 09, 2019, 10:00:06 PM

Need to update your references mate. Mary Anne Hobbs is on daytime now, so it's all icelandic hip-hop mixed with The Fall.

Did you only listen to 6music the week Bowie died or something and is that why you think they only play Bowie music? What weird assumption.

jobotic

Quote from: mojo filters on April 08, 2019, 10:04:59 PM
Prince Philip first officially met Queen Elizabeth II when she was 13. Is he next?

Only if he tubbed her.

Cuellar

Quote from: Mr. Internet on April 08, 2019, 06:41:17 PM
Is he not 'cool' to people who thought (and still think) he was a broadcasting legend?

The sexy is not so much of a factor as the cool, I'll admit. Being cool is the clincher.

Yeh fair point.

samadriel