Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:14:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

C# job in Canada

Started by BlodwynPig, April 08, 2019, 07:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

Pft, that's for Quakers.

QDRPHNC

Summer is almost here. It'll be short sleeves at night, and drinks on patios for the next few months. The government just delivered 15g of weed to my house and it seems like Rose cider is in this year. Lovely stuff.

Ferris

Quote from: QDRPHNC on April 12, 2019, 09:19:51 PM
Summer is almost here. It'll be short sleeves at night, and drinks on patios for the next few months. The government just delivered 15g of weed to my house and it seems like Rose cider is in this year. Lovely stuff.

I still have 7g of government weed in the kitchen that I'm never going to get to (esp with small baby around). I'll give it to you next time I see you.

3.5g of shishkaberry, and 3.5g of a CBD strain they don't seem to have at the OCS any more but someone at work recommended. It's probably good shit.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: QDRPHNC on April 12, 2019, 09:19:51 PM

Just heard from the company - you're hired. 18 hour shifts during the summer though! oh, you'll be out in the sunshine though...at the sewage plants of Ontario.

Cuellar

Quote from: Twed on April 12, 2019, 08:40:34 PM
I decided to use linear regression to project some shit today, I'm just like you data weirdos.

I have never done this, and wouldn't know how.

Twed

npm i linear-regression-shit

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Twed on April 13, 2019, 09:24:51 PM
npm i linear-regression-shit

Do you singular value decompose?

Twed

There's no need to throw accusations around.

Twed

Hah, looking it up reminds me that I have actually looked into this in the past for signal processing stuff.

I am the worst kind of dabbler in mathematics, a real fucking disgrace.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Twed on April 13, 2019, 09:37:53 PM
Hah, looking it up reminds me that I have actually looked into this in the past for signal processing stuff.

I am the worst kind of dabbler in mathematics, a real fucking disgrace.

Fast, furious transformer!

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Cuellar on April 11, 2019, 10:37:52 PM
Fuckin... Looking at spreadsheets and writing stored procedures in SQL and making silly little macros in Visual Basic so when someone pushes a button it does some shit then I send that to a customer and they complain that the numbers are wrong so I forward their email to the actual economists.

Then I go home and either play computer games or drink or sometimes both.

This is very reminiscent of my work on hydrocarbon accounting software.

Some geezer in an oil company phones up miserable the made-up numbers floating around aren't to his liking so I change the code to make the numbers ones that make him happy without really knowing or caring if the sums are correct.

BlodwynPig

Checks and balances, mate. Amateur.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Cuellar on April 12, 2019, 05:04:01 PM
If only. Angry bloody customers everywhere phoning me and asking me about economics and I know nothing of economics.

This is the only job. There is to be no other job but this.

Well I have no one to contact me like that at all, I know I am lucky. My first job in the NHS was financed based and I had lots of angry people contact me for shite I didn't care about, thank god I got out of that shit.

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on April 12, 2019, 06:48:29 PM
Does the threat of automation worry you?

Not at the moment and I'm not sure it will get rid of all analysts anyway, you can't beat someone who understands the nuances of certain data-sets although I do see AI as handy to have. I have already seen a huge reduction of analysts in the NHS, somehow I have managed to stay on and make myself useful.

Twed

Automation is only going to make a good programmer's life easier. In five, ten years we're definitely going to have linters that can crush logic bugs and fix the code themselves (we already do, but these will be better and standard). I feel very sorry for the majority of developers who are just workaday scripter types, because they are worse than robots that exist already. I'm a good software architect, I'm creative in a way a machine cannot be, and I am always fallen into the position of software lead by default, so I am not scared of the robots. They will be my cunty little slaves.

Sebastian Cobb

There's always going to be room for the people who run about using the software equivalent of sellotape and string actually making stuff work after the BA's and usual devs have decided it's impossible but too late to turn back. More's the pity.

BlodwynPig

Hey nerds, want to work in sewage?

Twed

Question: Would I be able to make the shit go everywhere?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Twed on April 14, 2019, 10:06:05 PM
Question: Would I be able to make the shit go everywhere?

where you're told to make it. Your posts above show you to be an effective but somewhat arrogant team player, or fledgling leader. I think sticking you in charge of sewage may ultimately help you become more humble.

Twed

There's going to be shit everywhere.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Twed on April 14, 2019, 10:19:13 PM
There's going to be shit everywhere.

Lord Hobo, 7pm tomorrow.