Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:17:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

How's Channel 5 doing these days?

Started by Bazooka, April 10, 2019, 02:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gilbertharding

Quote from: imitationleather on April 23, 2019, 11:16:07 PM
Amazing.

Although could have done with spoiler tags for the ending.

To be fair, he could have been overcompensating. You know...

I hope that 'Was Hitler Gay?' is one of the documentaries on the curriculum for Wayne Hennessey, by the way.

St_Eddie

Quote from: non capisco on April 23, 2019, 11:12:33 PM
I sat and watched a Channel 5 programme called 'Was Hitler Gay?' in the troughs of my 2002 nadir. It showed that photo of him leaning coquettishly against a tree and wearing Bavarian short shorts as possible evidence before taking an hour excluding ad breaks to conclude 'No. If anything, he disliked gays!'

One of the ideas that Alan Partridge pitched to Tony Hayers actually got commissioned?

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: non capisco on April 23, 2019, 11:12:33 PM
There was something interestingly unslick and scattershot about late 90s/early 2000s Channel 5. Which film would it be tonight, '10 Rillington Place' or a 1970s sex comedy called 'Can You Keep It Up For A Week?' starring the man who went on to play Boba Fett? The schedule seemed to be put together by one desperate person clutching a gallon of coffee sat in front of a bank of telephones just grabbing whatever they could afford the rights for. For at least the first two months it was just wall-to-wall shit on there. I don't imagine Simon Pegg still puts 'We Know Where You Live' on his CV.

The Nazi obsessed years came slightly later, sort of 2002-ish. Nazi mad, they were. The Nazis did this, Goebells said that. Stop going on about the Nazis, Channel 5, you're never going to meet them. I sat and watched a Channel 5 programme called 'Was Hitler Gay?' in the troughs of my 2002 nadir. It showed that photo of him leaning coquettishly against a tree and wearing Bavarian short shorts as possible evidence before taking an hour excluding ad breaks to conclude 'No. If anything, he disliked gays!'

Hah, lovely stuff NC, I almost wish I'd watched more of the channel now.

Ted-Maul

Quote from: Pranet on April 12, 2019, 12:37:48 AM
Didn't post cocaine Richard Bacon have an odd late night discussion show for a bit?  Kind of like After Dark? And Victor Lewis Smith did things for them as well.

I think it was called 'The Vicious Circle' because all the guests were sat in a circle. It was good. VLS might have even been a guest on it one time.

imitationleather

Quote from: Ted-Maul on April 24, 2019, 08:02:06 PM
I think it was called 'The Vicious Circle' because all the guests were sat in a circle. It was good. VLS might have even been a guest on it one time.

Oh yeah, I remember now! That was good!

It was VLS-produced, wasn't it?

sponk

Quote from: imitationleather on April 24, 2019, 08:03:57 PM
Oh yeah, I remember now! That was good!

It was VLS-produced, wasn't it?

Yes.  VLS was recently considering suing Sky because their show The Pledge was apparently a rip off of TVC. I haven't seen either so I couldn't comment, but he seems to talk about suing people quite a bit on twitter.

Bazooka

It really wasn't bad, it was on late, was it live I forget? But it felt very natural like some mates sitting in a living room talking about nonsense.

Ray Travez

I found a new* great thing on Channel five- Celebrity Solitary - Meltdown. Four celebrities are locked into a shipping container for five days to see if they go mental. 

Professor Green gets very attached to an aroma diffuser. Former World's Strongest Man, 'the Beast" moans about his toilet. Anthea Turner goes stir crazy in the style of a Blue Peter presenter, definitely the most disturbing part of the programme, in fact of any programme I've seen for a while.

Shazia Mirza writes a book, an entire sitcom and a new stand up show- great news for comedy fans! presented by Ray Davies-botherer George Lamb.

*new to me anyway

BlodwynPig

Celebrity 5 go barging.

Michael Buerk, Anita Harris, Amanda Barrie and John Prescott

...and Sean Williamson visits a grave