Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:48:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum debate guy

Started by Monsieur Verdoux, April 10, 2019, 01:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
im the forum debate guy

debate me

rasta-spouse

you are not the forum debate guy

Quote from: rasta-spouse on April 10, 2019, 01:43:19 PM
you are not the forum debate guy

Going to deconstruct this ABOMINATION of a post point by point

you

Interesting that you'd start off this way. Very interesting indeed. The qualitative preposition is faulty, built on faulty logic. It makes a small crackling sound when you stroke it. Make of that what you will.

are not

Eh? EH? ergo hoctor proctus, the burden of proof is on you my friend. Pure supposition and conjecture. Quite incredible that you'd even post this!

forum debate guy

Now my character is being assassinated? Just because I love logical, rational debate based on logic and rationality and skepticism? It is clear that there are problems on both sides, and that free speech is dead. Ad hominen!

rasta-spouse

in light of your argument I'd like to streamline my initial premise to the following:

ur nt deforum debateguy

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on April 10, 2019, 01:54:38 PM
Now my character is being assassinated? Just because I love logical, rational debate based on logic and rationality and skepticism? It is clear that there are problems on both sides, and that free speech is dead. Ad hominen!

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on April 10, 2019, 02:05:45 PM

Incredible. Absolutely incredible. The ad hominid attacks just keep coming because as usual people can't handle rational debate based on logic. You think that I'm some whacko banging a pot on his head, just because I'm literally shitting myself with rage while beet red and screaming?

popcorn

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on April 10, 2019, 02:15:01 PM
Incredible. Absolutely incredible. The ad hominid attacks just keep coming because as usual people can't handle rational debate based on logic. You think that I'm some whacko banging a pot on his head, just because I'm literally shitting myself with rage while beet red and screaming?

A bit on the nose.

Quote from: rasta-spouse on April 10, 2019, 02:01:31 PM
in light of your argument I'd like to streamline my initial premise to the following:

ur nt deforum debateguy

Sir you've committed the 'wanking arm' fallacy in which your premise has been gently masturbated to death and is therefore immaterial. Deus dominaus ergo hoctorus proctorus

Howj Begg

Monsieur Verdoux, if that even is your government name, do you think that women?

If so, why not?

rasta-spouse

Yes, talk about the women!

Quote from: Howj Begg on April 10, 2019, 02:23:58 PM
Monsieur Verdoux, if that even is your government name, do you think that women?

If so, why not?

We all know that women are what they are, and it seems that nowadays some will attack you for even just saying that. As an expert in the logical workings of the human mind, I can say that the thing that women have been up to recently is, quite frankly, cause for concern. And what's more concerning is that we're not even allowed to discuss this anymore. This is just the way things are. And it doesn't look like it's getting better anytime soon.

Quote from: rasta-spouse on April 10, 2019, 02:26:40 PM
Yes, talk about the women!

I wish we could, but it seems like in 2019 we're not allowed to criticise dangerous ideas anymore

selectivememory

Tommy Robinson: GBOL or S4C?

popcorn

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on April 10, 2019, 02:26:06 PM
More ad hominums from the peanut gallery

So are you actually going to respond to my post?

Quote from: selectivememory on April 10, 2019, 02:34:43 PM
Tommy Robinson: GBOL or S4C?

In the sphere of ideas, I reject all binaries. I do not proceed on feelings, only facts. It's impossible to say whether Tommy Robinson is good or bad because who's to say what's right and what's wrong? Context is key. It seems that Tommy Robinson has pierced the boundaries of liberal good taste and respectability. Does this make him a hero? Who's to say? All I can see is people wanting to stifle a man because of his ideas, and you what that leads to. Ever heard of George Orwell?

Howj Begg

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on April 10, 2019, 02:42:21 PM
In the sphere of ideas, I reject all binaries. I do not proceed on feelings, only facts. It's impossible to say whether Tommy Robinson is good or bad because who's to say what's right and what's wrong? Context is key. It seems that Tommy Robinson has pierced the boundaries of liberal good taste and respectability. Does this make him a hero? Who's to say? All I can see is people wanting to stifle a man because of his ideas, and you what that leads to. Ever heard of George Orwell?

Who? Anyway you say you reject all binaries, but then you make us choose between George or well. You're a massive hipprocritic, do you know that?

selectivememory

Quote from: popcorn on April 10, 2019, 02:38:41 PM
So are you actually going to respond to my post?

You serious expect me to respond to such a fallacious assertion?

Quote from: Howj Begg on April 10, 2019, 02:44:16 PM
Who? Anyway you say you reject all binaries, but then you make us choose between George or well. You're a massive hipprocritic, do you know that?

Aha, you have fallen into my perfectly laid rhetorical trap where you think that what I've done is contradicted myself but what I've actually done is highlight the contradictions in your thinking and the inherent contradictions in the whole issue

popcorn

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on April 10, 2019, 02:52:20 PM
Aha, you have fallen into my perfectly laid rhetorical trap where you think that what I've done is contradicted myself but what I've actually done is highlight the contradictions in your thinking and the inherent contradictions in the whole issue

Nobody speaks like this.

Quote from: selectivememory on April 10, 2019, 02:45:04 PM
I haven't. Tell me more...

George Orwell, author of my favourite book, 1984. It's a book about how people should be allowed to use racial slurs without being fired from the media

Ferris

Is this what passes for "debate" on this forum? Oh dear.

I'm well above all this, as you can see.

Quote from: popcorn on April 10, 2019, 02:53:24 PM
Nobody speaks like this.

Yes, it's unfortunate that people are no longer allowed to speak like this without fear of censure from the irrational hordes

Chollis

edit: nvm not even worth it

selectivememory

When is Barry going to ban this cunt?

popcorn

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on April 10, 2019, 02:57:16 PM
Yes, it's unfortunate that people are no longer allowed to speak like this without fear of censure from the irrational hordes

Still avoiding my original post I see.

Howj Begg

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 10, 2019, 02:56:32 PM
Is this what passes for "debate" on this forum? Oh dear.

I'm well above all this, as you can see.

I suppose you're Mister Debate are you, a top ranker. Some kind of rhetorician-cum-mouthpiece, a sort of bulging head of viscous milky knowledge, expelling your wisdom all over us via vigorous thrusts of repartee.  Is that it?

Quote from: popcorn on April 10, 2019, 03:02:32 PM
Still avoiding my original post I see.

There were so many logical fallacies in your original post because it was 0% logic, 0% reason, 0% facts, 200% feelings. I can't be expected to engage with such sophistry

popcorn

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on April 10, 2019, 03:11:31 PM
There were so many logical fallacies in your original post because it was 0% logic, 0% reason, 0% facts, 200% feelings. I can't be expected to engage with such sophistry

Name a single one.

I'll wait.