Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:15:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum debate guy

Started by Monsieur Verdoux, April 10, 2019, 01:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Ok let's settle this: what's the correct opinion on brexit?

the rhetoric is too divisive on both sides, that's the real problem

Ferris

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on June 19, 2019, 10:37:08 PM
the rhetoric is too divisive on both sides, that's the real problem

u a cuck

You just proved my point for me sir

Ferris

There is a direct line that can be drawn between people being mean to me on the internet and the inevitable rise of fascism

Captain Z

I notice you still haven't answered my question.

Ferris

Quote from: Captain Z on June 20, 2019, 01:22:37 PM
I notice you still haven't answered my question.

*thinks* "Drat! They have me now! ...unless"

no u

Howj Begg

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 19, 2019, 10:34:26 PM
Ok let's settle this: what's the correct opinion on brexit?

It's complicated. On the one hand, I really dislike the EU because I can't get anyone to love me. On the other hand, I like racist things, really keen on them. Yesterday I noticed that the EU was racist, because I can't get anyone to love me, as I believe I said. So it's really a headscratcher, and my screen is covered with that glutinous syrup they use for McVities Jamaica cake.

If you don't agree with that, it makes you more racist than the actual racists. Chew on that!

My views on free speech are this: the more racist the speech is, the freer it is. Free speech is all about competing with each other in order to be the person who has the freest speech. If you're not being racist, then are you really using your free speech properly? No, of course not. 

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on June 20, 2019, 09:31:28 PM
My views on free speech are this: the more racist the speech is, the freer it is. Free speech is all about competing with each other in order to be the person who has the freest speech. If you're not being racist, then are you really using your free speech properly? No, of course not.

Classic reductio ad absurdum

My arguments are logical and even pedagogical

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on June 20, 2019, 09:55:55 PM

Carolgees' gambit.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on June 20, 2019, 09:55:55 PM

Objection! I'll allow it McGinty but watch your step.

You say that, but what's really going on?

Howj Begg

Best to stick to grabbing men by the neck.

Look, we have a person grabbing a woman by the neck. What if it was a man being grabbed? What if the man had arms like Popeye? What if the man was a mystic, and turned to smoke at the merest brush? What if the man had the face of god, and when you looked at him you saw all your mother's love multiplied into infinity? What if when he was grabbed the souls of the two men united, everyone in the room felt warm, their veins glowed a luminescent blue, and the most beautiful sound descended from the heavens, the sound of a lone voice, but one at total peace with this special kind of solitude, for the very bends of the sound, the shape of it, filled your heart with such sustenance, such grace, such love, such energy, that when you looked back at the man's face to see the face of god you see your own face smiling back at you, contented, with the innocence of a child. What then? You can guarantee the media wouldn't give a shit unless it was a woman

Fambo Number Mive

What if Greenpeace had developed a solar power organic grenade launcher, shrunk it to the size of a lipstick case using technology from the 24th Century and hidden it in the bag of the woman Field assaulted? It would only have taken five minutes for her to de-shrink it using the 24th Century technology and whip it out.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on June 21, 2019, 03:22:51 PM
You say that, but what's really going on?

automatic marvin-gaye-say

popcorn

Is there a point to this thread or is it just strawmanning?

facts don't care about your feelings mate

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on April 10, 2019, 02:42:21 PM
In the sphere of ideas, I reject all binaries. I do not proceed on feelings, only facts. It's impossible to say whether Tommy Robinson is good or bad because who's to say what's right and what's wrong? Context is key. It seems that Tommy Robinson has pierced the boundaries of liberal good taste and respectability. Does this make him a hero? Who's to say? All I can see is people wanting to stifle a man because of his ideas, and you what that leads to. Ever heard of George Orwell?

If you reject all binaries why are you asking whether we have heard of George Orwell or not? Surely if you reject all binaries it does not matter whether we have heard of him or not?

I can't believe people haven't heard of Orwell, which explains why this fucking country is in the sorry state that it is. You go up to a child nowadays, and you ask them if they've read Animal Farm, and they immediately start singing the Internationale and oinking. Now this goes down to the root of the kind of disrespect our kids are being taught by institutions that revel in incivility. If I wasn't a so-called disgusting white man do you think that kid would have done this? For those of you who haven't read it because you're not paying attention to what's going on in the world, Animal Farm is a searing parable about why we should let holocaust deniers appear on Newsnight.

Ferris

Who is the real "sick man" in this "so-called" "society"?

Richard Dawkins for UK pm, Sam Harris for US president. Would solve a hell of a lot of problems as far as I'm concerned. Although we all know that the reason we're in this mess is because of a lack of logic, so I can't see men who talk so much sense getting very far

I don't agree with Tommy Robinson, but if you have a fucking meltdown at the idea of him at least having a cabinet position in the Dawkins government then maybe you should consider the chilling effect that has on our discourse and that maybe you're the one with intolerant views.

sponk

All these lefty snowflakes attacking Winston Churchill because he was racist. They don't understand it was just a DIFFERENT TIME back then, everyone was racist! Get on your knees and thank him for saving democracy and stop bitchin', unless you wish Hitler won the war???

It was a different time back then, and kids on campuses nowadays are too quick to judge historical figures by today's standards. Lots of people had abhorrent views then, don't be a baby about it. Things like Mein Kampf have to be considered within the context of the time. It was the 1930s for fuck's sake, lots of people were antisemitic. It's so easy to sit in judgement. Fucking grow up.

Obviously I don't agree with most of what Hitler said, but the purity politics of young people nowadays really gets on my tits

sponk

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on June 22, 2019, 05:30:01 PM
Obviously I don't agree with most of what Hitler said, but the purity politics of young people nowadays really gets on my tits

Oh so animal rights are bad? Hitler was against fox hunting, obviously you're in favour of it if you criticise anything he did, including the genocides. Fuck off back to your fox-hunting club you Tory