Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 09:38:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I honestly think that Limp Bizkit are good fun

Started by madhair60, April 10, 2019, 08:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Twed

Their cover of Faith is good for the uncharacteristical 80s sound in the "need some time off" bits.

Slipknot - Wait and Bleed and their weird, pre-fame jazzy album are really good. Also they are absolutely adorably wholesome whenever they are outside of their masks and it's hilarious.

Not good: Wes Borland C++'s band Big Dumb Face and their song that manages to be disappointing versions of both Monty Python and Ween: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd3Y4o95ObU

dallasman

That song "Rollin'" isn't half bad, if you can distract yourself from the inevitable fantasies of repeatedly slamming Fred Durst's twat-hatted head in a car door, securing the door with him still attached, then just rollin' rollin' rollin' until only the hat remained.

Dr Syntax Head

Good musicians. Embarrassing dad on vocals and the crappest fans of any band. I liked Wes Borland's stage outfits.

Dr Sanchez

I think they're entirely laughable but their song Break Stuff is a great song to run or exercise to.

PaulTMA

Remembered recently that their guitarist quit the band at the height of their fame to form a sub-Ween band called Big Dumb Face.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd3Y4o95ObU

the

Quote from: Dr Sanchez on April 11, 2019, 12:36:37 AMI think they're entirely laughable but their song Break Stuff is a great song to run or exercise to.

Or push a horribly monetised and oppressively organised festival into a smashy rapey injurious burning hell to

I'm a maniac, you better watch your back [/mince]

On the PA they clearly cut Durst's mic off from this point to this point in the interests of crowd control.

Pathetic sweaty fat Chandler from Friends cunt

Dr Syntax Head

There is no room for this kind of band in 2019

Glebe

madhair60

Fine, everyone back to talking about all your fake made up performative music taste (scoffs loudly) I'll be over here in the pit drinking gin til I pass out and fall on the flo'

Twed

There are people who bought Chocolate Starfish when they were 16 who are grandparents now

madhair60

PaulTMA

Quote from: the on April 11, 2019, 01:17:10 AM
Or push a horribly monetised and oppressively organised festival into a smashy rapey injurious burning hell to

I'm a maniac, you better watch your back [/mince]

On the PA they clearly cut Durst's mic off from this point to this point in the interests of crowd control.

Pathetic sweaty fat Chandler from Friends cunt

"Who's watching this in 2019 wishing life was like this" is the youtube comment that stood out

The thing that shocked me the most was that they used Roland Jazz Chorus amps.

madhair60

madhair60

magval

I think that Wes was an interesting player and that John and Sam were excellent players. Albums were always well-produced, even the unbearably awful Gold Cobra. I think it was around about that album's release that I realised that we weren't being played and that Fred was really like that.

Many excellent songs though.

Twed

Twed

madhair60

Twed

madhair60

PaulTMA

Quote from: madhair60 on April 11, 2019, 01:16:16 PM
did your monocle fall into your tumbler

I opened the windows with Carly Rae Jepsen blasting and shouted "this is a really good Pop Song" and looked down and all my pubes were white

Sebastian Cobb

The only people who are allowed to mix elements of metal and elements of hip hop are Cypress Hill.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: madhair60 on April 11, 2019, 02:59:50 PM
fake-ass titties on a fucked-up chest

I remember when I first listened to Chocolate Starfish. I was about 7 and that opening track was the most shocking rebellious thing I'd ever heard. He's saying the F word about everything!!!

momatt

Apology not accepted.

I like their cover of Faith

up_the_hampipe

One of the top comments on the Faith video is "I nailed a fat girl to this at 15". Sums it all up really.

madhair60

Quote from: PaulTMA on April 11, 2019, 03:05:25 PM
I opened the windows with Carly Rae Jepsen blasting and shouted "this is a really good Pop Song" and looked down and all my pubes were white

Love Carly #queen