Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:40:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Assange has been arrested

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 11, 2019, 10:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoyzaSorris

Can't believe vaguely intelligent people on here regurgitating the establishment spin on Assange verbatim. Makes me really scratch my head.

Butchers Blind

He does come across as a needy cunt though.

Blumf

Quote from: Urinal Cake on April 11, 2019, 11:56:06 AM
If it's all politics you'd have to believe that the victims were politically motivated from the start.

Nope, just the rape charges, which the women did not ask for, that was political. A decision made by higher ranking people in the Swedish establishment to smear an enemy of the US. It's worked very well.

biggytitbo

He won't be extradited if he faces the death penalty but 10,000 years in a gulag is just fine.

Chollis

Flouncer

Quote from: Twed on April 11, 2019, 11:42:29 AM
I'm firmly in the Ash Sarkar camp on this one (and most stuff, it seems):

https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1116288003524190209

I'd tend to go with this. He's a narcissistic piece of shit and if he had any respect for women he wouldn't have found himself in this mess, but that shouldn't colour anyone's view on the disgraceful behaviour of the authorities, or the implications for whistleblowing and press freedom. This is a pretty good example of how nuance is being cast aside by both sides in an increasingly binary atmosphere of debate.

daf

Quote from: kittens on April 11, 2019, 11:19:33 AM
why is julian assange like eldorado

They are both shit soap operas that dragged on for far too long?

Quote from: KennyMonster on April 11, 2019, 12:04:29 PM
Assange est non libre.

All right, Eddie Izzard.

* Sorry to spell it out, but wanted to make sure this tortured pun got the recognition it deserved.

Neomod

Quote from: Butchers Blind on April 11, 2019, 11:20:17 AM
Couldn't even be bothered to have a shave before the awaiting police and press.

That's not a real beard. It's a narrative device. 7 years have passed.

In 7 years, he ought to look more like Gandalf.

Crisps?

We shouldn't extradite any citizen, full stop, and foreign nationals should not be sent to countries that have an extradition treaty with states with barbaric penal systems and/or political repression. Last I read, NZ is selling out Kim Dotcom too.

I wonder if his feelings about being arrested are tinged with gladness about finally being out of that fucking Embassy. I suppose the alternative looks worse but he may avoid being extradited to the US or if he is, maybe old Cheeto will pardon him and fuck the optics.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Looks like he can no longer say " I'm Free! " ( like his lookalike, John Inman as Mr. Humphries in the popular British Sit- Com " Are You Being Served ? " ), Eh, Readers ?

kittens

Quote from: daf on April 11, 2019, 12:16:01 PM
They are both shit soap operas that dragged on for far too long?

i don't understand how you got this so wrong - i included the punchline in the initial post. this is almost as embarrassing as julian's new beard

Blue Jam

Who's going to look after his cat now?

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Bronzy

Quote from: Chollis on April 11, 2019, 12:10:07 PM
A succulent Chinese meal?

And you sir, are you waiting to receive my limp penis?

Absorb the anus burn

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on April 11, 2019, 12:07:52 PM
Can't believe vaguely intelligent people on here regurgitating the establishment spin on Assange verbatim.

This. Thanks for saying it.

jobotic

Adrian Brezhnev

biggytitbo

This confirms it:

QuoteUPDATE: Julian Assange has been further arrested in relation to an extradition warrant on behalf of the United States authorities. He remains in custody at a central London police station.

Nothing to do with the minor bail charges, or the rape allegations. It's about the US Empire getting revenge on a journalist that inconvenienced them, by sticking him in a torture prison for the rest of his life. This is the kind of shit that happens in authoritarian regimes, yet the UK press, who constantly cry crocodile tears about press freedom, have been cheerleading for it all the same.

Replies From View

jobotic

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 11, 2019, 01:35:40 PM
This confirms it:

Nothing to do with the minor bail charges, or the rape allegations. It's about the US Empire getting revenge on a journalist that inconvenienced them, by sticking him in a torture prison for the rest of his life. This is the kind of shit that happens in authoritarian regimes, yet the UK press, who constantly cry crocodile tears about press freedom, have been cheerleading for it all the same.

I heard that journalists in Russia sometimes go to prison. And musicians. Can't be true though or you'd be right upset about it.

Crocodile tears. Ha.

biggytitbo

How come the guardian arent been extradited to a USA torture prison? They were Assange's partners on the initial most damaging wikileaks stuff, so if he's guilty so are they. Can we not get Luke Harding locked up in Guantanamo?

jobotic

jobotic

I hope he ends up In Sweden, not the USA.

This has taught me one thing though, even if you go out of your way to help Trump like left-wing hero Asaange, he won't do anything to help you. It's almost as if he's not a loyal friend. Who knew?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Butchers Blind on April 11, 2019, 12:08:14 PM
He does come across as a needy cunt though.

Coming soon to Netflix

Butchers Blind In Conversation With....

Julian Assange

baptist

Where's Gazza when you need him?

Funcrusher

Quote from: jobotic on April 11, 2019, 02:20:51 PM
I hope he ends up In Sweden, not the USA.

Your hopes may well be dashed.