Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,337
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:50:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Doing all your nose-blowing on just one cotton handkerchief

Started by Replies From View, April 11, 2019, 11:09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Never understood this.

When I blow my nose, a quantity of thick syrupy mucus type stuff floods out and the tissue I'm using doesn't take on a second life at all.  It promptly transforms into a saturated, oozing, structurally unstable envelope of goo and it goes in the fucking bin mate.

I can only assume that people with cotton handkerchiefs never actually need to blow their noses in the standard way, because their proud shirt pockets still stand for neatness and order rather than a grotesque continual seeping of gelatinous substances.

Sebastian Cobb

Cuellar

I've never successfully 'blown my nose'. It's never helped any congestion I've ever had. Utterly futile activity.

idunnosomename

old people are disgusting. what with that and licking their fingers when handing out leaflets.

madhair60

Finger on other side of nose, aggressive blow, done. Cunts in the Bodleian looking daggers at me like I've just asked for their bodies in the worst way.

Sebastian Cobb

When I was a kid I once tried to blow my nose on an empty crisp packet. It did not end well.z

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Replies From View on April 11, 2019, 11:09:46 AM
Never understood this.

When I blow my nose, a quantity of thick syrupy mucus type stuff floods out and the tissue I'm using doesn't take on a second life at all.  It promptly transforms into a saturated, oozing, structurally unstable envelope of goo and it goes in the fucking bin mate.

I can only assume that people with cotton handkerchiefs never actually need to blow their noses in the standard way, because their proud shirt pockets still stand for neatness and order rather than a grotesque continual seeping of gelatinous substances.

Just before I blow my nose, it feels like a quantity of thick syrupy mucus type stuff is going to flood out, but what I actually get is 1% of fuck all.  I suspect it's the same for many people, making the reusal of the same handkerchief a sensible option rather than needing a new one every single time.

Chollis

Quote from: madhair60 on April 11, 2019, 11:29:31 AM
Cunts in the Bodleian looking daggers at me like I've just asked for their bodies in the worst way.

Is there a nose-blowing etiquette? Am I supposed to go to the toilet when I blow my nose or something? Always wondered. i don't think so.

Replies From View

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on April 11, 2019, 12:13:20 PM
Just before I blow my nose, it feels like a quantity of thick syrupy mucus type stuff is going to flood out, but what I actually get is 1% of fuck all.  I suspect it's the same for many people, making the reusal of the same handkerchief a sensible option rather than needing a new one every single time.

That's ridiculous.

For a start you're probably blasting the remaining 99% up into your head somewhere, which can't possibly be a good thing.

Then you invent a reusable handkerchief to accommodate the failed noseblowing strategy you have devised?  No - blow your nose properly and don't have reusable handkerchiefs is the correct solution.

Look:  I understand that in this age of world-weary David Attenboroughs it's a bit radical to suggest we take the disposable option and endanger a few seals but snot isn't for storing mate.  Be pragmatic!  Send the snot to the oceans where it can be converted by nature into new jellyfish!

Neville Chamberlain

I'm totally with Replies on this. I would no more carry around a cotton handkerchief than I would a piece of reusable toilet paper.

Have I ever told you about the time I was in an Estonian restaurant and I blew my nose and farted at the same time?

Cuellar

Quote from: madhair60 on April 11, 2019, 11:29:31 AM
Finger on other side of nose, aggressive blow, done. Cunts in the Bodleian looking daggers at me like I've just asked for their bodies in the worst way.

asked for their bodleis

Replies From View

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on April 11, 2019, 12:53:27 PM
Have I ever told you about the time I was in an Estonian restaurant and I blew my nose and farted at the same time?

No you didn't!  What happened?

Cuellar

imitationleather

Whenever I blow my nose it's when I have a cold and basically the entire contents of my skull fall out.

Quote from: imitationleather on April 11, 2019, 01:01:47 PM
Whenever I blow my nose it's when I have a cold and basically the entire contents of my skull fall out.

One of my favourite Paul Young tracks, there.

thenoise

One time I was a child and thinking about cavemen, so I experimentally blew my nose on a leaf. Not a success, to say the least. So what do you think cavemen did, just let it dribble?

idunnosomename

They probably just did it into their hands in the shower.

Replies From View

Quote from: thenoise on April 11, 2019, 01:48:35 PM
One time I was a child and thinking about cavemen, so I experimentally blew my nose on a leaf. Not a success, to say the least. So what do you think cavemen did, just let it dribble?

Animal furs probably.  Little squares of the stuff.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 11, 2019, 01:49:49 PM
They probably just did it into their hands in the shower.

Once saw someone blow their nose into their bare hands then just nonchalantly wipe their hands on their jeans.

Replies From View

Something that's quite nice to do is blow it not into a tissue or your hands, but into a wide open area like the entire countryside.

It's refreshing because you don't get the "kick back" that comes from holding a barrier in front of the nostrils.

I suspect that cavemen did this, to be honest.  They had fuck loads of entire countryside - even more than us.

kittens

if i don't have any tissue, i just blow my nose on the floor. i'm sure people see and are disgusted, but it means i no longer have to put up with a stuffy nose and, as i am the most important and special person in the world, that is what matters.

kittens

i also like to make myself sneeze by shoving a key up my nose, as can be attested to by forum member pancreas.

kittens

finally, i have always found people who use handkerchieves and put the old snotty rag up their sleeves to rub and deposit snot all over their wrists and clothes to be the most vile and old people in existence.

Replies From View

Quote from: kittens on April 11, 2019, 02:09:42 PM
finally, i have always found people who use handkerchieves and put the old snotty rag up their sleeves to rub and deposit snot all over their wrists and clothes to be the most vile and old people in existence.

They certainly are old - I will grant you this.

Bazooka

Living in Beijing my nose holes are infinitely full of sludge, it may seem barbaric to some, but a good nasal blast is something I can only assume to akin to the release a highway man such as Adam Ant would feel upon firing a flintlock pistol.

Norton Canes

pancreas

Quote from: kittens on April 11, 2019, 02:07:27 PM
i also like to make myself sneeze by shoving a key up my nose, as can be attested to by forum member pancreas.

I hereby so attest.

imitationleather

I thought old men having a hanky was a throw-back to the era of smog, coal-mining, asbestos and Tuberculosis. When simply being alive was a 24/7 assault on the lungs.

Replies From View

Quote from: pancreas on April 11, 2019, 03:58:01 PM
I hereby so attest.

Does it need to be a specific key?  Like the Cinderella slipper thing?

(I always think of keys as being like the Cinderella slipper thing - it makes it easier.)

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: pancreas on April 11, 2019, 03:58:01 PM
I hereby so attest.

When I was a child and hadn't heard that word said out loud, when I saw it in print I assumed it was pronounced like 'herrorby'.