Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:48:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Times and Sunday Times to merge editorial departments

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 11, 2019, 12:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

A sign of the Times (weak government, need to keep Murdoch on side)

Not sure it'll make much difference in terms of content, but interesting to note:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47895062

idunnosomename

Oh I thought this had happened already. The Sunday Times was really really right wing ten years ago, with that blithering cunt Rod Liddle doing Little Englander rants and lots of stories about "boffins".

But I reactivated my Facebook account for some sneakin' the other day, and a Times post came up. Melanie Phillips arguing for a no deal Brexit. Yes, the one quoted in the manifesto of the second-biggest spree killer in history. I went to click on it to unlike and there was a massive picture of Luciana Berger and some generic hand-wringing about "antisemitism in the labour party"

God I know it was always a bit right of centre but it's really gone all out being a Murdoch mouthpiece now. And Giles Coren and Caitlin Moran too.

Blumf

biggytitbo

Yes, the Times is the absolute pits, a total mouthpiece for insidious state propaganda about labour, russia, and whoever is the enemy of the week. Needs to die along with all the others.

Alberon

It's all dying slowly. Advertising is drying up, print sales are dropping and it's very hard to get anyone to pay for digital content.

idunnosomename

Notice as well they're doing a MASSIVE advertising push with rather well-executed (but hackneyed concept) "political animal" spots. As if they're the only way to understand Brexit.

Sebastian Cobb

It's still just going to be right-wing shit for cunts and a vehicle for Murdoch's business interests.

Jittlebags

Cheers me up no end when I remember that Murdoch and Blair are custard cousins. And Blair and Jagger - once removed.

kngen

They'll be merging departments with the Sun in 18 months time (already happened with pics a while ago, subbing will be next, then only a matter of time until 'Yessir, I can Moog-ie' headlines start popping up in the Times leader by accident.