Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:30:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Biggy’s Big Brexit Bonanza

Started by Alberon, April 11, 2019, 12:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funcrusher

I will be starting a new thread that will channel all Biggy discussions on Brexit.

I will also be meeting with EU counterparts to obtain further clarification regarding the backstop.

I am confident that this will definitely work.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on April 11, 2019, 03:47:19 PM
by his detractors who, whether they care to admit to it or not, actually derive pleasure from responding to the comments he makes regarding his entrenched stance

God yes

Replies From View

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on April 11, 2019, 04:50:40 PM
God yes

It cuts all ways though, doesn't it.

Nobody joining in with this can claim to be above it.

BlodwynPig

As biggy's legal representative, im submitting a cease and desist order on this thread

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on April 11, 2019, 03:47:19 PM
Actually, I don't think I've expressed meself very well, in my last post. I *do* think that isolating him to his own thread on this issue will make him simply double up on his efforts, possibly becoming even more obnoxious and deranged sounding in his efforts; this will be reciprocated in the replies given by his detractors who, whether they care to admit to it or not, actually derive pleasure from responding to the comments he makes regarding his entrenched stance, and about which he is never, *ever* going to change his mind; and it will all be very unpleasant for me to read, and will make me sad, and I doubt very much I'd have even the most miniscule of chances to get a Jodie Comer reference into proceedings :'-(
I agree with this, but I can confidently say that I don't tend to enjoy exchanges with him on Brexit threads  and I'm usually relieved when he just ignores my posts (which is most of the time) and moves onto his next item of pompous bullshit.

pancreas

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 11, 2019, 04:57:24 PM
As biggy's legal representative, im submitting a cease and desist order on this thread

Legal representative? You mean ambulance chaser. Think you've got a defamation claim? No win no fee. Call (232) 323-2323 for BlodwynPig.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Tag/ B G Titbo mentions the banana republics / Tag

BlodwynPig

Quote from: pancreas on April 11, 2019, 05:20:09 PM
Legal representative? You mean ambulance chaser. Think you've got a defamation claim? No win no fee. Call +1 (232) 323-2323 for BlodwynPig.

corrected that for you

pancreas

Actually, I'm in the US at the moment, cunt.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: pancreas on April 11, 2019, 06:12:48 PM
Actually, I'm in the US at the moment, cunt.

That's a Canadian number. Why the aggression, sweet pea? Are you in Milwaukee. If you are in Boston, I'll see you on Monday.

pancreas

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 11, 2019, 06:32:36 PM
That's a Canadian number. Why the aggression, sweet pea? Are you in Milwaukee. If you are in Boston, I'll see you on Monday.

Are you fucking joking? I'm going to Boston tomorrow for a week.

Spoon of Ploff

BlodwynPig

Quote from: pancreas on April 11, 2019, 07:07:32 PM
Are you fucking joking? I'm going to Boston tomorrow for a week.

I'm there from 15-19th, Harvard on 17-18, Providence on 16th, happy to share a beer on 15th (I arrive noon).

Phil_A

If Biggy refuses to post in the thread set aside for him, as seems to be the case, couldn't we just move all the Brexit discussion to this thread?

BlodwynPig

this is soon to turn into a NE USA CaB meet thread, you'll have to start another biggy Brexit thread

Alberon

I was thinking of everyone fed up with Biggy's Brexit posts moving here. It's the one place he's less likely to turn up.

Replies From View

Quote from: Phil_A on April 11, 2019, 07:42:10 PM
If Biggy refuses to post in the thread set aside for him, as seems to be the case, couldn't we just move all the Brexit discussion to this thread?

This is actually quite an excellent idea.

Alberon

Ah, I didn't see Phil_A had got to that idea first. But yeah, it might be a winner.

Alberon

So, all the huffing and puffing over how much we have to pay to take part in elections for MEPs who might immediately be out of a job if May gets her shit together (yes, I know) is one thing, but a bigger hole in the budget was the No Deal Brexit planning the government has done, and now canned.

QuoteThe government has stood down an army of 6,000 civil servants who had been preparing for a no-deal Brexit, at an estimated cost of £1.5bn.

The civil servants who had been seconded from elsewhere will now return to their normal duties, but there is no clear role for an estimated 4,500 new recruits after article 50 was extended until Halloween.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/apr/11/uk-stands-down-6000-no-deal-brexit-staff-after-spending-15bn

ZoyzaSorris

Twit 2

Quote from: Alberon on April 11, 2019, 11:10:21 PM
So, all the huffing and puffing over how much we have to pay to take part in elections for MEPs who might immediately be out of a job if May gets her shit together (yes, I know) is one thing, but a bigger hole in the budget was the No Deal Brexit planning the government has done, and now canned.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/apr/11/uk-stands-down-6000-no-deal-brexit-staff-after-spending-15bn

The magic money tree only bears fruit for Tory initiatives, no amount of shaking yields anything for education, health etc.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Replies From View on April 11, 2019, 04:51:13 PM
Nobody joining in with this can claim to be above it.

Especially someone joining in with the words 'God yes'*.

*Although, I will have what he's having.

Zetetic

I don't get this boiler suit stuff that wossname has started to come out with, and I can't bring myself to discover where it's being regurgitated from (Tory MEPs? Leave.EU?)

Howj Begg

More sneering at the working class who will be uniformly negatively affected by Brexit, as opposed to people who wear suits and short the pound for a living.

Replies From View

Quote from: Zetetic on April 12, 2019, 07:29:04 PM
I don't get this boiler suit stuff that wossname has started to come out with, and I can't bring myself to discover where it's being regurgitated from (Tory MEPs? Leave.EU?)

A reddit meme, I suspect.  The same place he learns that the moon landings never happened and all those things.

Alberon

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 17, 2019, 03:59:49 PM

The TIGs get loads of airtime aswell but they have achieved literally nothing electorally, whereas Farage actually won the last European Electionsy, has 11 MEPs and is currently polling 1st. That's how airtime is usually doled out I believe.

Of course Farage also said if we'd actually left the EU on the 29th he'd have left politics altogether so its another self inflicted wound.

The Cuks haven't been around long enough to be in an election so it isn't fair to those beige twats.

And the damage Farage causes by his twatting about in politics is far less than Brexit would wreak so I'm not that bothered if Mr Toad stays around. And anyway only a fool would trust his word on anything.