Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:11:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Masters (Golf Competition in America)

Started by Chollis, April 11, 2019, 02:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chollis

Anyone?

Don't follow golf at any other time in the year but this is probably my favourite sporting event besides relentless football

Who's gonna win? Who's gonna lose? I've left it a bit late but I'll be lumping obscene amounts (£10+) on my desired green jacketers once I finish work to spice things up more if that's even possible!!

gilbertharding

I'm fascinated by the course, which has the quality of a living Thomas Kinkade painting. Also the lovely blazer the winner gets. I guess they have them in all different sizes in case one of the fat golfers wins.

Endicott

So far this week, I've found and watched on youtube, Faldo's final round against Norman in '96 and Tiger's final round again DiMarco in '05.  Just to get in the mood like.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: gilbertharding on April 11, 2019, 03:51:59 PM
I'm fascinated by the course, which has the quality of a living Thomas Kinkade painting. Also the lovely blazer the winner gets. I guess they have them in all different sizes in case one of the fat golfers wins.

Yeh it looks and sound lush on tv, but in reality its a gaudy stinking american mess of a place off camera.

petril

fell off for me when they stopped sending Steve Rider over to host live coverage while getting increasingly sunburnt

EOLAN

Watching on Sky Sports. Why is Tiger Woods always top on list of players with same score. Thought the protocol was to have player with most holes played/earliest finish to be listed on top.

Maybe sky have read this. Adam Scott now listed ahead on 9 under.

BlodwynPig

Things have moved rapidly if Scott is leading

Endicott

Watching Saturday's highlights this morning. Ian Poulter has a very sweaty arse.

This is shaking up to be one of the greatest, closest finishes in the history of the game of the golf.

We said it last year and it didn't happen but if it does happen this time, this is arguably the greatest comeback in sport.

BlodwynPig

Yep, tremendous - like watching Woods of old when all around him collapse in his wake.

BlodwynPig

That's it. .. Woods Masters Champion 2019

Approach not great but he can afford to bogey this now with Koepka only getting a par. Fuckin roar will be amazing if he does this.

BlodwynPig

phenomenal for the bald man! does us all proud

Standing up in my living room, arms aloft, tears flooding down my cheeks. Can't stop laughing.

We've never seen anything like this. The guy could barely walk.

Keebleman

I only watched the last five minutes leading up to the winning putt.  That bit Peter Alliss kept doing about Woods's mother - "There's Mum.  Haven't seen her for a while.  Good to see her about." - is that a running joke or is he senile?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Keebleman on April 15, 2019, 06:48:04 PM
I only watched the last five minutes leading up to the winning putt.  That bit Peter Alliss kept doing about Woods's mother - "There's Mum.  Haven't seen her for a while.  Good to see her about." - is that a running joke or is he senile?

Alliss has been senile for years. I did like the moment he was about to do a Dennis Taylor (the ball was never going to roll on) and muttered "doesnt matter, stop it" to himself dejectedly. He was below par this year. Yesterday's man. Relegated to mic off moments and repeating himself in case you didnt hear the first time. Cotter has a Sandy Lyle fetish too.

Norton Canes

Philandering shitbag. Get in grave (par 4)