Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:04:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Boston C(r)AB me(a)et, Monday 15th April

Started by pancreas, April 11, 2019, 07:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Would really like to meet Twed for a pie and pint, to go over his CV and Skype the company with him in our presence.

Twed

I'm sorry guys, please annoy some Bostonians for me.

BlodwynPig

Ferris

Quote from: pancreas on April 14, 2019, 10:34:26 PM
7pm at the Lord Bald Hobo if we can tempt anyone into hiding.

Considering turning up and spying from a dark corner.

QDRPHNC

Have a good time! Wish I could be there, now that Twed isn't showing up.

Twed

I'll turn up at your cunty little manor, sunshine.

Puce Moment

Shit, hate to be that guy, but I have to bail. Was all set to come along but my girlfriend's brother's band are supporting {Tang Bang} at Cafe Oto.

Have a great night!

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Twed on April 15, 2019, 03:57:16 PM
I'll turn up at your cunty little manor, sunshine.

You're getting confused, I have a country manor and a cunty manner. Easy mistake to make.

BlodwynPig

Boston is pretty pretty. Worst turbulence flying in though. Bastard turbulence. Might go and be a fucking tourist at the cheers bar

QDRPHNC

Try speaking in a bwahhhhstwaaaaahhn awwwwwkcwent to a local, they'll love it.

Twed

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 15, 2019, 06:02:01 PM
Boston is pretty pretty. Worst turbulence flying in though. Bastard turbulence. Might go and be a fucking tourist at the cheers bar
Did you clock the lighthouse on the way in? Not a bad first American thing ever to see, I think.

It's a great landing. Feels like you're going to land in the water. I always hear Alan Partridge's voice saying "James Bond's going to die! He's going to die!" inside my head but it's about everybody on the plane instead.

Sleep well, Michael.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Twed on April 15, 2019, 07:05:00 PM
Did you clock the lighthouse on the way in? Not a bad first American thing ever to see, I think.

It's a great landing. Feels like you're going to land in the water. I always hear Alan Partridge's voice saying "James Bond's going to die! He's going to die!" inside my head but it's about everybody on the plane instead.

Sleep well, Michael.

Didnt see lighthouse but saw the sea. And a mockingbird.

Off for a wander now and then to Lord Hobo to hug pancreas

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 15, 2019, 07:15:25 PM
Didnt see lighthouse but saw the sea. And a mockingbird.

Off for a wander now and then to Lord Hobo to hug pancreas

Did you fly out of Billy Bishop? Because that airport is legit.

BlodwynPig

Toronto pearson

In Lord Hobo now. Nice cheese shop next door. Gloomy sticky bar - just up Ferris' alley.

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 15, 2019, 10:37:57 PM
Toronto pearson

In Lord Hobo now. Nice cheese shop next door. Gloomy sticky bar - just up Ferris' alley.

buzby

Depending on how you feel about Brutalist buildings, have a geg at the City Hall and Government Service Center, as they are seemingly under permanent threat of demolition. I think I worked my way through most of the food places in Quincy Market in the couple of days I was there as well as fitting in a cannoli from Mike's Pastry on Hanover St. it was a lovely place, I thought - a bit more on a European scale than most US cities.

BlodwynPig

Thanks Buzby - hope i have time. Providence tomorrow if panco goes easy on me and 2 days intensive leadership fucking the next two days

pancreas

Great night as always. And who would have thought Danger Man would be in Boston?! Such an unexpected pleasure to see him again.

If you're reading this, DM, I really do wish you all the best of luck with your philanthropic initiatives to save the axolotl.

BlodwynPig

Yes, danger man being a bit of an ambystoma nerd was a real surprise.

Still reckon your shoes were fake rhino skin.

Spoon of Ploff

Enough of this fake alibi nonsence! Show us your singed fingers you cathedral killers!!

BlodwynPig

Panco is in a cathedral today (church), fiddling with Americas biggest organ - the grinding fiend

BlodwynPig

Just looked up the list of attendees at the leadership course I'm attending tomorrow

Special Agent Ivan Acosta, NCIS

christ

Twed

Ivan Acosta sounds like a really indirect way of telling somebody that you have some coffee

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Twed on April 16, 2019, 11:10:10 PM
Ivan Acosta sounds like a really indirect way of telling somebody that you have some coffee

He works for NCIS out of Singapore. I resisted the urge to ask him if he was Gibbs equivalent, but I think he is more Vance as he has 300 people under his leadership. I probed a bit about his activities and he was politely evasive (national security, foreign missions in the region). But he did say to look him up in the next 3 years if I'm ever in Singapore.