Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:26:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I bought an Xbox One

Started by Beagle 2, April 12, 2019, 03:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beagle 2

I couldn't resist the game pass, and I can't believe how good it is. All this for less than a tenner a month? I can't see me ever buying a game again. Oh alright, maybe RDR2, but much further down the line. After a couple of years of shelling out £50-100 a month on Switch games, many of which I bought out of sheer desperation, this feels like living. It also means I've barely played any of these games.

It's so lovely and silent compared to those horrible noisy first gen PS4s! It's so slim and sexy! Forza Horizon is fucking brilliant!

Sorry, what an indulgent thread. What do I need to know about Xbox Oneses? The home screen and menus are death, that's the only drawback so far. Also the fact no other cunt seems to own one. God bless you, desperate Microsoft.   

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

Er... RDR2 looks amazing on the Xbone with a massive 4K telly. Good blu-ray player too. Get loads of 4K HDR games and loads of blu-rays.

QDRPHNC

Get the Division 2 and join the clan! Is it a One or a One X? Blue Jam is right, RDR2 in 4k is something else.

biggytitbo

PS4 has better games though, let's be honest.

shh

I got one recently too - Sunset Overdrive (on the game pass list) is some of the best gaming fun I've had in a while. Also it looks like you can play 360 games on it, so I'll be picking up RDR1 on the cheap as I missed it first time around on the ps3.

Blue Jam

Quote from: shh on April 12, 2019, 08:47:57 PM
Sunset Overdrive

Playing Just Cause 4 now and enjoying it so Sunset Overdrive sounds right up my street. How explodey and daft is it exactly?

I know the game pass is good value but tbh I've never been tempted- I already have a massive backlog of games and I prefer solo campaigns and don't like playing more than one at a time so I'm not sure I'd make the most of it.

Twed

It's quite daft. It's a weird game because it's really small, in terms of production and the actual game itself. It feels like something from the PSX era produced with 2015's tech.

Blue Jam

Cheers. After RDR2 and Alien Isolation I've been in the mood for stupid stuff so I'll check it out.

shh

It's from the people wot done ratchet & clank, if that gives any indication.

madhair60

Quote from: Beagle 2 on April 12, 2019, 03:25:07 PM
I couldn't resist the game pass, and I can't believe how good it is. All this for less than a tenner a month? I can't see me ever buying a game again. Oh alright, maybe RDR2, but much further down the line. After a couple of years of shelling out £50-100 a month on Switch games, many of which I bought out of sheer desperation, this feels like living. It also means I've barely played any of these games.

It's so lovely and silent compared to those horrible noisy first gen PS4s! It's so slim and sexy! Forza Horizon is fucking brilliant!

Sorry, what an indulgent thread. What do I need to know about Xbox Oneses? The home screen and menus are death, that's the only drawback so far. Also the fact no other cunt seems to own one. God bless you, desperate Microsoft.

Grats, you bought a fucking good console.

Do you like old games? Specifically, Rareware games?

Edit: Oh and the menus are fine imo - hide the guide button (xbox logo button) and you can pull up everything easily. You can pin stuff to the front page too.

Bazooka

Xbox 3 just came out, catch up grandfather.

Sorry you never totally clicked with the Switch but I think the XB is great, too. Cuphead, FH3&4, Forza Motorsport 7 are all great. Less keen on Sea of Thieves and Crackdown but worth a look on GP. 360 BC is awesome. I just got Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and Caladrius, a shmup where when you destroy the boss's health bar, their clothes get ripped and it says SHAME BREAK. The boss is always a sexy nun or something like that.

Blue Jam

I know it sounds a bit daft, but part of the reason why I went for the Xbone rather than a PS4 is because every Sony product I have ever owned has fallen apart one month after the guarantee, apart from those earphones where the rubber starts flaking off the cable after three months... Got a new phone recently and couldn't contemplate getting a Sony Xperia... I don't trust 'em. And I'm very happy with the Xbox.

I am still considering getting a PS4 Pro at some point- it's got to be the Pro because once you've gone 4K you never go back. I just really want to play Death Stranding... but maybe the PS5 will be out by the time Kojima is done with it...

Blue Jam

Quote from: The Boston Crab on April 13, 2019, 08:34:45 AM
Caladrius, a shmup where when you destroy the boss's health bar, their clothes get ripped and it says SHAME BREAK. The boss is always a sexy nun or something like that.

...and they try to cover up but it's too late, you've seen everything...

Exactly. And why would a nun even want to commandeer a million spaceships in a mad war? Fortunately, you can turn all that filth off in the menu, I'm told.

Barry Admin

The trick with Gamepass is to use the £1 offers, then immediately cancel the recurring charge. But I do sometimes pay for it anyway, but find it doesn't get that much use.

I love my Xbox, I just wish they had never got rid of the "start" and "select" buttons on the controller, replacing them with fairly indistinct icons instead. 'Press the three lines icons to see your mission objective' - okay, which fucking one is that again??!! Absolute canceraids. I suppose it's high time I came up with a mnemonic device.

Other than that and the lacklustre exclusives, amazing system.

Monster Hunter World just came to Game Pass. Absolutely brilliant game and the best entry point for anyone who's never played MH before.

Barry Admin

I keep meaning to get back into it, I did start a new play through recently, but just too much other stuff to play. I downloaded a ton of Game Pass games and keep them sitting on my external HD, even when I don't have an active pass.

Ooh, you just made me look and Prey is on it now too! I've been waiting for a better sale price for it for ages, that's sweet.

Rainbow 6 Siege is currently £10 on there. Tempted to pick it up to keep me good this weekend.

Dr Sanchez

I've got game pass but it makes me a bit knee jerk when judging games I've downloaded because there's so much choice. I regularly download something and uninstall it within minutes because it doesn't immediately grab me. Super fast unlimited broadband also helps with my blood lust.

I use xbox a lot for iPlayer, Netflix and such. It's never laggy or pissy with me. I like it.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Barry Admin on April 18, 2019, 01:13:33 PM
Ooh, you just made me look and Prey is on it now too! I've been waiting for a better sale price for it for ages, that's sweet.

I like Prey, I may have mentioned it... bump the thread if you do get into it, I could talk about  Prey all day.

biggytitbo

Tempted have a nibble at gta IV too. Never played it. Any good?

Dr Sanchez

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on April 19, 2019, 02:53:17 PM
Tempted have a nibble at gta IV too. Never played it. Any good?

It's good but probably the most drab and least enjoyable entry in the series.

Drab and unenjoyable? Drummersaredeaf, This Is Your Life  .

biggytitbo

The two dlc packs are far better than the main game so play them instead.

Twed

Quote from: The Boston Crab on April 13, 2019, 09:16:16 AM
Exactly. And why would a nun even want to commandeer a million spaceships in a mad war?
Papal edict

Gta4 is ok so far, but the mechanics are fucked. And I've just had a mission take me onto a roof that I subsequently fell off because I literally couldn't see a thing.