Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:55:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Really want a pie but I'm a fatty

Started by boki, April 12, 2019, 03:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Eggs

Quote from: Camp Tramp on April 12, 2019, 10:41:08 PM
I cannot countenance steak and kidney pie.

Just drink piss if you want the taste of piss.

king_tubby

So I got a chicken pie for the child, a broccoli and cheese pie for the Mrs and a steak, ale and mushroom pie for myself.

Thanks for reading.

biggytitbo

CONTROVERSIAL TOPIC - Is a hot pot a pie? What defines a pie? Must it be entirely enclosed in crust or is that the kind of extremist world view that has lead us to sorry state of the modern world?

Blumf

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 13, 2019, 01:45:42 PM
CONTROVERSIAL TOPIC - Is a hot pot a pie? What defines a pie? Must it be entirely enclosed in crust or is that the kind of extremist world view that has lead us to sorry state of the modern world?

Hardly! We pie purists hark back to the ancients, the old Greek masters with their platonic pie forms upon which all truth is founded

Away with you and your postmodern 'pies'. That way lies the darkness of Fray.

pigamus

The big problem with pies now is that they've taken all the salt out. The Pukka Pies you get in supermarkets taste of absolutely nothing - I dunno if the chip shop ones have gone the same way.

Cerys

Quote from: boki on April 12, 2019, 03:35:01 PM
Any suggestions on what to do about this craving?

The solution is obvious.  Make a pie using juicy chunks of your own delicious flesh.  You'll come away lighter and with a new-found appreciation for home cooking.

Twed

Reposting this to show you what it means to REALLY want a pie.

Hey, Punk!

Quote from: Sin Agog on April 12, 2019, 04:33:17 PM
Every single UKIP member has eaten a pie.

Very true, no food more right wing than pie.

Twed

Quote from: Hey, Punk! on April 13, 2019, 09:50:38 PM
Very true, no food more right wing than pie.
Than "a pie", or "pies". This isn't Family Guy.

Hey, Punk!

Quote from: Twed on April 14, 2019, 12:41:01 AM
Than "a pie", or "pies". This isn't Family Guy.

That an Americanism? I'm appalled with myself.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Americans don't really understand pies do they? You don't put fucking apple in there for a start.

Any mileage in a scrambled-egg pie?  That's what I fancy right now.

Might be my black hole wish, I'm still deciding.

seepage

Someone made me a brussel sprout pie once and it was really good.

Sebastian Cobb

There was a bakery in Aberdeen that did lasagne pies, basically pasta and bolognaise with a cheese topping. It was on my way home from town and open all hours at the weekend so I'd regularly wake up hungover and find pie breakfast in my jacket pocket.

José

why not have a nice kale and quinoa pie with a gluten free crust?

Replies From View

Why not devour one of Clive's own "Hungarian Goulash" type pies, now with Hungarian Goulash!

MidnightShambler

Quote from: Replies From View on April 17, 2019, 03:01:56 PM
Why not devour one of Clive's own "Hungarian Goulash" type pies, now with Hungarian Goulash!

I was working at the Jeyes Fluid factory years ago and it was on an industrial estate in the middle of nowhere. At 1pm every day, Benny The Pie Man would drive in, beep his horn and the whole site would down tools and run out to get to him before he sold out. It was like a diabetic Lowry painting.

To be fair to him his pies were nice and I bear him no ill will.

Dr Sanchez

Does anyone else buy a pie or steak slice etc with their shopping and then eat it cold on the way home?

Very nawty.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Dr Sanchez on April 17, 2019, 06:25:33 PM
Does anyone else buy a pie or steak slice etc with they're shopping and then eat it cold on the way home?

Very nawty.

Nah, sausage rolls or pork pies usually.

Snake Plissken

I used to pack pies for a living. Copped some shit for it mainly from office workers, sitting on their arses looking out the window, drinking tea all day. Could have been worse...could have been packing fudge!