Author Topic: Young Offenders  (Read 257 times)

Dr Syntax Head

• Empty alcohol
Young Offenders
« on: April 12, 2019, 04:33:24 PM »
There may already be a thread about this but watching the whole thing on the old iplayer today and after episode 1 I didn't think I'd stick with it but I absolutely love it. The characters are genuinely likeable and it has a lot of heart.

Question, how much of my time is Derry Girls worth? Looks right up my street.

magval

• Magnum Valentino
Re: Young Offenders
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 05:56:58 PM »
This is much, much better. Derry Girls is very derivative and face-value. Cut and paste gags and lazy laughs. Young Offenders has proper soul to it.

Malcy

• This is a Post Office isn't it?
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 06:43:32 PM »
I've had people from Cork recommending it to me since the film but after years of living there I don't want to see the place or hear the shite patter again for a long time!

It's getting a second series as I think it was quite well received. Does it follow on from the film or is it a remake? There might already be a thread in the comedy section but not sure.

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 09:01:56 PM »
There is a thread in the comedy section and i nearly went back to it on a couple of occasions Malcy to ask about your experiences of living in Cork. It doesnt sound like it would have been a good idea to ask (still curious to hear your opinions if you feel like getting them off your chest)

Glad to hear about the second series.

magval

• Magnum Valentino
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 11:25:49 PM »
It's getting a second series as I think it was quite well received. Does it follow on from the film or is it a remake? There might already be a thread in the comedy section but not sure.

Remake/expansion. Covers some of the same ground with a lot more. They can't exist in the same 'universe', so to speak.

Enzo

• Yo!
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2019, 02:46:45 AM »
I've had people from Cork recommending it to me since the film but after years of living there I don't want to see the place or hear the shite patter again for a long time!

You're some langer, boy!