Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:38:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Young Offenders

Started by Dr Syntax Head, April 12, 2019, 04:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Syntax Head

There may already be a thread about this but watching the whole thing on the old iplayer today and after episode 1 I didn't think I'd stick with it but I absolutely love it. The characters are genuinely likeable and it has a lot of heart.

Question, how much of my time is Derry Girls worth? Looks right up my street.

magval

This is much, much better. Derry Girls is very derivative and face-value. Cut and paste gags and lazy laughs. Young Offenders has proper soul to it.

Malcy

I've had people from Cork recommending it to me since the film but after years of living there I don't want to see the place or hear the shite patter again for a long time!

It's getting a second series as I think it was quite well received. Does it follow on from the film or is it a remake? There might already be a thread in the comedy section but not sure.

Brian Freeze

There is a thread in the comedy section and i nearly went back to it on a couple of occasions Malcy to ask about your experiences of living in Cork. It doesnt sound like it would have been a good idea to ask (still curious to hear your opinions if you feel like getting them off your chest)

Glad to hear about the second series.

magval

Quote from: Malcy on April 12, 2019, 06:43:32 PM
It's getting a second series as I think it was quite well received. Does it follow on from the film or is it a remake? There might already be a thread in the comedy section but not sure.

Remake/expansion. Covers some of the same ground with a lot more. They can't exist in the same 'universe', so to speak.

Enzo

Quote from: Malcy on April 12, 2019, 06:43:32 PM
I've had people from Cork recommending it to me since the film but after years of living there I don't want to see the place or hear the shite patter again for a long time!

You're some langer, boy!