Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:08:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Star Wars ep IX: The Rise Of Skywalker

Started by mothman, April 12, 2019, 06:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

"The Force Awakens" "The Last Jedi" "The Rise Of Skywalker"???

That doesn't make sense! It should have been "Star Wars ep IX: His Afternoon Nap".

Nowhere Man

calling the movie The Rise of Skywalker won't stop Luke being dead though will it?

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Nowhere Man on April 12, 2019, 07:02:01 PM
calling the movie The Rise of Skywalker won't stop Luke being dead though will it?

Maybe Abrams will retcon it somehow. I mean they're bringing back Emperor Palpatine, I guess that could be in ghost form but he wouldn't be that threatening if he can't actually touch anyone and just goes around whispering swear words in people's ears. Either way it's a shit title, but I'll still no doubt see it at the cinema because I'm an idiot.

greenman

Still time for the Rancor trainer to return in this?

mothman

I retcon him as being Ralph Brown's character from Phantom Menace.

Replies From View

Star Wars Episode IX:  The Constant Family

Panbaams

The latest in a long line of Star Wars films that has a better title than A New Hope.

I honestly thought it was called Rise of The Skywalker.

Replies From View

The culmination of nine films and a forty-two year old franchise.

Bound to be a letdown, isn't it?

I bet they'll retcon the last one with a scene where Palpatine says "Snoke was actually me the whole time". I bet if Liam Neeson hadn't been cancelled he would have got a ghost cameo too.

mothman

Ends with a scene where they're ALL Force Ghosts, all going "Fucking Threepio?! We never saw that coming! Who would have thought all thoise droids would just turn on us, they were always just... there, you know? But See-bloody-Threepio, the ringleader? Mind. Blown. That rolling dustbin cunt mate of his, yeah, wouldn't have surprised me if HE had been behind it all, but no, it was that prissy golden twat..."

Funcrusher

Did she get Jedi training from Brucie? She seems to be doing his crouching thing.

Dex Sawash

Shaky

Quote from: Nowhere Man on April 12, 2019, 07:02:01 PM

Luke says, "No-one's ever really gone" so I bet he technically stays deceased but fully manifests as a Force Ghost or whatever. Something so they can have their cake and eat it, anyway.

kalowski

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on April 12, 2019, 09:48:11 PM

Maybe
But I'll watch it.

non capisco

Bring back that thing with bollocks for a mouth that gets mardy with Luke Skywalker in the bar during the first one.

This cunt. Pictured here getting into a tear up with ahaha none other than Jeremy Corbyn tee hee!!!

Neomod

Apparently this one starts with a 20 minute flashback of Luke filling in the form to change his name from Starkiller to Skywalker in Mos Eisley council's One Stop Shop.

Glebe

I was curiously unimpressed by that tease. And bringing Palapine back... I dunno.

popcorn

There's absolutely nothing visually new in that. They're all wearing the same clothes and everything.

Kelvin

Quote from: popcorn on April 13, 2019, 02:04:16 AM
There's absolutely nothing visually new in that. They're all wearing the same clothes and everything.

I think you've find the TIE Fighter had a few orange bits this time.

You can briefly see Kylo fighting one of the Knights of Ren, so it seems there are two separate factions of baddies in this one. I suppose that's how we get Kylo's redemption.

VelourSpirit

Quote from: non capisco on April 12, 2019, 11:38:11 PM
Bring back that thing with bollocks for a mouth that gets mardy with Luke Skywalker in the bar during the first one.

You actually see him with his mate in Rogue One. Was that not the CGI resurrection-of-a-beloved-actor thing everyone was on about

greenman

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on April 12, 2019, 09:48:11 PM

...or alternatively, some random nostalgia action thrown together on the back of a napkin.

Quote from: greenman on April 13, 2019, 06:24:17 AM
...or alternatively, some random nostalgia action thrown together on the back of a napkin.

Yes, it's all got annoying self-referential.

popcorn

Quote from: popcorn on April 13, 2019, 02:04:16 AM

To expand on this: one of my favourite things about Empire is the way it inverts the visuals of the first film. We go from desert planets to snow. The first film is really orange and the second one is really blue. It's simple but it's neat!

And like people wear different clothes.

It's because Abrams has outdone himself in his nostalgia-milking. Now, instead of relying on nostalgia for the originals, he wants to make you feel nostalgic for the last couple of Star Wars films.

Honestly, the man would try to stir up nostalgia for yesterday's breakfast if he could.

Replies From View

If there isn't even a star war in this film I will feel mighty let down, let me assure you.