Author Topic: Star Wars ep IX: The Rise Of Skywalker  (Read 88023 times)

momatt

• PAPERCLIPS!
    • instagram.com/m0matt
Re: Star Wars ep IX: The Rise Of Skywalker
« Reply #2310 on: February 07, 2020, 12:22:47 PM »
If anyone fancies seeing a 'documentary' about the sequel trilogy, that's mostly YouTubers whining, check this out!
It's an hour and 20 minutes long and I saw the whole thing.
I'm wasting my life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdJONGbOTVc

I get that it could have been better and was a bit rubbish, but good grief these people take it all so seriously.  They're so entitled and all act like they've been personally targeted by Disney.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 01:11:23 PM by momatt »

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

• A doughnut hole inside a doughnut's hole
« Reply #2311 on: February 07, 2020, 12:35:26 PM »
That's nothing. There was a five hour one dedicated solely to tearing into The Last Jedi.

I watched a 40 minute video defending that film recently. It seemed perfectly reasonable to me, with (what I took to be) the odd tongue in cheek joke about the backlash. However, the comments were chock full of people acting like the bloke responsible had committed a bloody hate crime.

touchingcloth

• She is hot in the arse.
« Reply #2312 on: February 07, 2020, 06:07:24 PM »
That’s nothing. There’s a person who has been live streaming every since TFA was released and all they talk about is how much they hate it.

chveik

• JAZZ SNOB EAT SHIT
« Reply #2313 on: February 07, 2020, 08:45:01 PM »
If anyone fancies seeing a 'documentary' about the sequel trilogy, that's mostly YouTubers whining, check this out!
It's an hour and 20 minutes long and I saw the whole thing.
I'm wasting my life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdJONGbOTVc

I get that it could have been better and was a bit rubbish, but good grief these people take it all so seriously.  They're so entitled and all act like they've been personally targeted by Disney.

bloody hell this is peak deso at times. (I am also wasting my life tbf, I haven't even watched the films)

« Reply #2314 on: February 07, 2020, 09:08:15 PM »
amazing how some youtubers just rant about star wars over computer game footage and consider that genuine video content

chveik

• JAZZ SNOB EAT SHIT
« Reply #2315 on: February 07, 2020, 09:19:35 PM »
there's certainly a lack of self-awareness in thinking that talking with your pals about a film deserves to be recorded. I expect most of them don't get much views though.

what is Ben Shapiro doing in there btw?

Urinal Cake

• -0/-0
« Reply #2316 on: February 07, 2020, 10:22:44 PM »
You would think most people would just move on to the next thing.

I can't wait till the Harry Potter backlash begins. Rowling might be a transphobe but a series of shit books and films will really bring the hate.

« Reply #2317 on: February 08, 2020, 12:59:24 AM »
That last Fantastic Beasts film got pretty well savaged by critics.

What I don't understand is letting a crap new entry in a series ruin the good stuff for you. I grew up with the original Star Warses. I love the original Star Warses. No amount of new rubbish (and there was plenty of it, even before the prequels) can burst my cosy little nostalgia bubble.

Urinal Cake

• -0/-0
« Reply #2318 on: February 08, 2020, 07:34:21 AM »
Fans still want anything Potter related. They also probably have lower standards but more things going on in their lives due to their youth.

Shaky

• I drink your thread
« Reply #2319 on: February 08, 2020, 08:55:05 AM »
I love a bit of cinema discussion, whether it's jokey or serious, but genuinely have no clue how people sit through those Youtube videos. I just.... don't.... understand. Absolute peak of shite. You can be passionate about something without being so fucking boring and obnoxious for hours on end. Read the online comments for any new blockbuster and you find them swamped with similar types as well. Just awful people.

Dex Sawash

• Silver Member
  • Upphängningspunkterna
« Reply #2320 on: February 08, 2020, 12:53:12 PM »

Finally went back for a rewatch. Liked it a little more since I was prepared better for how relentless it is. Didn't notice before but I think Babu Frik has got his little tits out. Pixar Lamp droid; HAHAABUSED.

« Reply #2321 on: February 08, 2020, 02:11:11 PM »
Fans still want anything Potter related. They also probably have lower standards, due to being Harry Potter fans.
Fixed.

« Reply #2322 on: February 08, 2020, 08:14:02 PM »
harry potter

« Reply #2323 on: February 09, 2020, 04:03:33 PM »

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

• Le corpse garlique of Hercule Poirot
« Reply #2324 on: February 09, 2020, 04:55:44 PM »

Tags: