Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 03:43:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Star Wars ep IX: The Rise Of Skywalker

Started by mothman, April 12, 2019, 06:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thursday

I mean it made over a billion, but still a lot lower than would be expected for a Star Wars film, which most people didn't have an opinion on, so I'm not sure what the point is here.

Quote from: Thursday on March 01, 2020, 07:49:28 PM
Couldn't they have made a clone that didn't look like Palpatine would look if he hadn't been vapourised at the end of return of the Jedi and then aged another 30+ years.

Matt Smith had been that Palpatine. But in the editing room an eagle-eyed intern noticed that in Matt's every scene his trousers fell down. Iain McD was brought in with mere weeks to go to reshoot those scenes as Matt was busy shooting cameos in Casualty, Sooty and The Bill: The Next Generation. Them's the breaks.

Head Gardener

SteveDave

I watched this again recently and still got choked up at "Hey kid..."

evilcommiedictator

Quote from: SteveDave on April 02, 2020, 10:41:05 AM
I watched this again recently and still got choked up at "Hey kid..."
ahhhh, force choke, the most forgotten force power but the coolest. Pity Kennedy had it on full time for all these movies

El Unicornio, mang

Aside from some decent set pieces I found this pretty bad, it just seemed all over the place. The Force Awakens was brilliant so I was optimistic for what was to come but it's been diminishing returns. Rogue One probably my favourite Star Wars thing aside from the original trilogy.

Replies From View

Why does he have to make eye-contact when you pull off a piece of tape?

Ferris

Noticed this was on Netflix or apple tv or whatever pops up when I switch the telly on to play video games.

Will watch it and provide my comprehensive (and entirely correct) opinion, negating the purpose of the previous 80 pages.

Replies From View

Why is a roll of sellotape on Netflix

Ferris

Replies From View

And you have the most basic Apple TV one as well?

Why not just have one really powerful subscription?

Ferris

I don't even know if I have apple tv, do you have to subscribe to it? I don't know how any of this shit works, I just saw a star wars on my telly and I thought yeah I'll give that a go.

Replies From View

you need to install teamviewer sir to give me control of your screen and let me get rid of all your viruses

Replies From View

Has a case of the series three krytens about him as well.

I wonder if this trilogy will be referenced in the Star Wars stuff they make in ten-plus years time. I mean, it was too embarrassed to really mention the prequel trilogy. Expect films chock-full of nods to the OT until the end of time. A bit like the Terminator sequels that wipe away all the efforts after T2 each time.

Head Gardener

Ferris

Star Wars/Last of the Summer Wine crossover "weaker than hoped"

Quote from: Head Gardener on April 02, 2020, 08:33:50 AM

C-0mp0 whizzing down a space hill in a space bathtub, in happier times

mjwilson

Disney Plus has not just the film but the special features up now.

idunnosomename

some of this is a bit dumb shouty youtube man stuff, but I think it makes good points about how Disney just goes for cheap nostalgia rather than growing the franchise. it's about how the meanings of the Williams' musical leitmotifs were basically completely undermined in the Rise of Skywalker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_8-dWSLDWI

Quote from: Head Gardener on April 02, 2020, 08:33:50 AM

Not that anyone on here cares to learn about Star Wars rather than just blithely poking fun, but there's an EU book explaining in detail that to avoid interference with their circuits most humanoid droids are designed without liquid ejaculate (this could cause a fire hazard) and instead indicate sexual climax by ejecting a long ribbon from their codpiece area. So this novelty tape dispenser is completely character accurate.

idunnosomename

why are droids cumming in the first place

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 05, 2020, 11:10:29 PM
why are droids cumming in the first place

Even droids gotta blow off some steam every once in a while!

evilcommiedictator

He needed a bath in lube because his rusty vagina was full of desert dust and sand, yep

samadriel

Adult human robot, adult human robot!

SteveDave

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 06, 2020, 11:31:56 AM

I remember this being described on one of the first Lee And Herring Radio 1 shows (where they played music not the one that was commercially released on tape) by them and their internet spod Danny something.

Replies From View

Quote from: evilcommiedictator on May 06, 2020, 12:31:58 PM
He needed a bath in lube because his rusty vagina was full of desert dust and sand, yep

It's called patina when it's on a vagina.