Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:12:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Star Wars ep IX: The Rise Of Skywalker

Started by mothman, April 12, 2019, 06:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
It's hardly Hitchcock throwing live birds at a terrified Kim Novak.

Edit: Or Tippi Hedren or whoever.

bgmnts

Quote from: thecuriousorange on July 19, 2019, 06:43:56 PM
It's hardly Hitchcock throwing live birds at a terrified Kim Novak.

Edit: Or Tippi Hedren or whoever.

Its exactly the same.

Replies From View

phantom_power

Quote from: St_Eddie on July 19, 2019, 02:08:52 PM
Yeah, it's not like there's video evidence or anything.  Oh, wait!

That's evidence she hit him loads of times. It isn't evidence he did it as a joke.

phantom_power

Quote from: Kelvin on July 19, 2019, 06:24:54 PM
Totally agree with St Eddie about this. It's fucking mad that this is considered excusable just because it happened to a man. Abuse is abuse, and the fact people dismissed or downplayed certain types of abuse is exactly why women were (and are) treated like shit. It is not okay to have an actor hit another actor multiple times just for a joke.

Oh give over. You are making judgements about something you know nothing about. There is no proof it was a joke and even if it was without being on the set at the time it is impossible to judge if it was abuse or not. And to equate it to the shit that women have had to go through in the film industry is pretty crass

St_Eddie

Quote from: Kelvin on July 19, 2019, 06:24:54 PM
Totally agree with St Eddie about this. It's fucking mad that this is considered excusable just because it happened to a man. Abuse is abuse, and the fact people dismissed or downplayed certain types of abuse is exactly why women were (and are) treated like shit. It is not okay to have an actor hit another actor multiple times just for a joke.

Thank you.  A little bit of sanity within this thread, at long last.

Kelvin

Quote from: phantom_power on July 19, 2019, 07:42:28 PM
Oh give over. You are making judgements about something you know nothing about. There is no proof it was a joke and even if it was without being on the set at the time it is impossible to judge if it was abuse or not. And to equate it to the shit that women have had to go through in the film industry is pretty crass

I'm not saying it's equivilant to rape etc. I'm saying that people downplaying and justifying "smaller" acts of abuse (in the case of women, let's say making sexist comments) is precisely why it was allowed to continue.

Assuming it was done for a joke (and I do acknowledge that there could be a different reason), then it is a pretty cunty thing for a director to do to someone he is responsible for. The fact people just shrug it off highlights why he thought he could do it.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Kelvin on July 20, 2019, 01:59:36 AM
I'm not saying it's equivilant to rape etc. I'm saying that people downplaying and justifying "smaller" acts of abuse (in the case of women, let's say making sexist comments) is precisely why it was allowed to continue.

Assuming it was done for a joke (and I do acknowledge that there could be a different reason), then it is a pretty cunty thing for a director to do to someone he is responsible for. The fact people just shrug it off highlights why he thought he could do it.

Exactly.

phantom_power

Quote from: Kelvin on July 20, 2019, 01:59:36 AM

Or it could be two mates mucking about. Until anyone who was there actually complains about it I will reserve judgement

Replies From View

Head Gardener

Replies From View

Anthony Daniels is an in-universe alternative name for C3PO.

A lot of R2D2's dialogue involves him addressing C3PO as Anthony.  Have a listen!

madhair60

The absolute fucking state of the last two pages of this thread

Replies From View

Quote from: madhair60 on August 21, 2019, 09:44:55 AM

Good aren't they

Ferris

Quote from: madhair60 on August 21, 2019, 09:44:55 AM

You should see what happened to my "people who don't like music" thread. I had to ejector-seat out of there sharpish. Not been back since.

mothman

New poster: https://www.starwars.com/news/d23-expo-2019-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-poster-revealed

"perched precariously on a piece of debris" - which is presumably a part of the Death Star...

beanheadmcginty

Bigfoot and the Hendersons has let itself go.

QDRPHNC

Like having a root canal scheduled for this day next week.

Ferris

I see Kylo Ren has his back. That should the subtitle.

Star Wars IX: Kylo Gets His Hat Back

popcorn

That's absolutely the most normal Star Wars poster imaginable.

mothman

We're never having anything new ever again.

idunnosomename

the emperor looks like he's from one of the CG cartoons

what a complete load of old cobblers this is going to be

BritishHobo

Didnt Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver make friends in the last one

Why are they fighting now

idunnosomename

Because they are making this shit up as they go along

George might've changed some major things but at least he had a basic arc planned out. This is just Disney selling product after product.

Shit Good Nose

And to think when the news broke of Disney taking it all away from Lucas I thought it was the best possible thing that could happen to the franchise.

NEVER thought I'd be taking that back...

kalowski

Quote from: BritishHobo on August 25, 2019, 10:56:29 AM
Didnt Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver make friends in the last one

Why are they fighting now
No, they had a massive fight after Ren killed Snoke.

popcorn

Quote from: kalowski on August 25, 2019, 11:35:52 AM
No, they had a massive fight after Ren killed Snoke.

Still think that was a fucking massive missed opportunity. Should have ended the film with Rey and Ren having killed Snoke and formed some sort of uncertain alliance, possibly even an uncertain romance. Are they now king and queen of the empire? I'd be chomping at the bit to go and see the third one if they'd ended on that cliffhanger.

Kelvin

Quote from: popcorn on August 25, 2019, 12:02:15 PM
Still think that was a fucking massive missed opportunity. Should have ended the film with Rey and Ren having killed Snoke and formed some sort of uncertain alliance, possibly even an uncertain romance. Are they now king and queen of the empire? I'd be chomping at the bit to go and see the third one if they'd ended on that cliffhanger.

Pervert