Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:25:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Star Wars ep IX: The Rise Of Skywalker

Started by mothman, April 12, 2019, 06:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr beat

Or they could taken influence from 1980s cars and have a 'Vanden Plas' lightsaber that has a faux mahogany handle.

Head Gardener

mothman

Quote from: thecuriousorange on August 27, 2019, 02:11:58 PM
You should have just took an existing product and put a clock in it.

Camera, surely? "Take photos with your sabre, and share them instantly with your Jedi mates!"

JamesTC

Quote from: QDRPHNC on August 27, 2019, 01:14:20 PM
That new lightsaber really is representative of everything wrong with star wars these days.

Right, what are we going to do with this one?
A double light saber th
No, they did that in episode 1
A double light that folds I was going to say
Nice

I saw something elsewhere that said it is a lightsaber originally in the Star Wars Rebels TV show.

But nobody remembers Star Wars Rebels because it was shite.

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 27, 2019, 06:25:23 PM
But doctor, I am the last jedi!

They implied that was going to mean the final Jedi, but now we know it just means the most recent, previous Jedi.

buzby

Quote from: dr beat on August 27, 2019, 02:24:55 PM
Or they could taken influence from 1980s cars and have a 'Vanden Plas' lightsaber that has a faux mahogany handle.
Already been done in some tedious EU bullshit:

Vanden Plas always used real wood veneer, btw.

bgmnts

Quote from: QDRPHNC on August 27, 2019, 01:14:20 PM
That new lightsaber really is representative of everything wrong with star wars these days.

Right, what are we going to do with this one?
A double light saber th
No, they did that in episode 1
A double light that folds I was going to say
Nice

They should do a Swiss Army 'sabre.

idunnosomename

Well remember George himself upped the ante on lightsabers with General Grievous having like six of them but it turned out he was completely shit and the film was utterly awful

batwings

mothman

^ Ha, perfect! Somebody did something similar with Ren's sabre after the Force Awakens trailer "dropped" but I couldn't find the GIF anywhere...

batwings

Not my work, I should add. just found it online.

BritishHobo

Quote from: BritishHobo on September 02, 2019, 01:17:24 PM
Fucking ban youtube

Because of Jay pranking the audience with his lies about Disney poorly photoshopping an action figure into their multi-million-dollar advertising campaign? I agree that was a little out of line.

SteveDave

Upon watching Star Wars (I'm not calling it * *** ****) for the 900th time yesterday I noticed that when Luke and Obi-Wan are stopped in the landspeeder and Obi-Wan does the Jedi mind trick, one of the Stormtroopers is carrying a flamethrower. Right after Owen and Berru were burnt up. Make you think.

buzby

Quote from: SteveDave on September 08, 2019, 06:31:16 PM
Upon watching Star Wars (I'm not calling it * *** ****) for the 900th time yesterday I noticed that when Luke and Obi-Wan are stopped in the landspeeder and Obi-Wan does the Jedi mind trick, one of the Stormtroopers is carrying a flamethrower. Right after Owen and Berru were burnt up. Make you think.

None of the Sandtroopers carry a flamethrower. Two have got E11s (dressed up Sterling submachine guns), the standard Stormtrooper weapon:

Two are carrying the 'unnamed Heavy  Blaster rifle' (a barely disguised WW1 German MG15 aircraft machine gun)

and  one is carrying a DLT19 (a barely disguised WW2 German MG34 machine gun):

The only other weapon Sandtroopers carry in the film is the T21 (a barely disguised British WW1 Lewis machine gun):

All Sandtroopers have those big black backpacks, which were basically a load of plastic boxes, seed trays,  plumbing parts and a Sonix Victory 75 transistor radio bolted and glued together and painted black.

All the guns used in the scenes filmed in the UK and Tunisia in the first film were hired from a UK film, TV and theatre armoury company called Bapty & Co, and were returned to them after filming. There were some inserts shot back in California afterwards (such as the cantina scene with Greedo) where the original weapons were no longer available and they had to make replicas based on continuity polaroids, which is why Han Solo has 2 slighly different blasters in the film (the one used for most of the film was based on a 'Broomhandle' Mauser that had been modified into a sniper rifle that breaks down into a briefcase by Bapty for the 1967 Frank Sinatra spy film The Naked Runner).

Replies From View

Well let's for the sake of argument say that it was a flamethrower.

mothman

You're probably thinking of Force Awakens where a stormtrooper does have a flamethrower.

bgmnts

Or you're thinking of the Stormtrooper of World War One fame.

Goldentony

how are you supposed to go round blasting fire in space lad, use your head

Blumf

mothman

Why, you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Flammenwerfer Herder!

Replies From View

Quote from: Goldentony on September 10, 2019, 09:50:04 PM
how are you supposed to go round blasting fire in space lad, use your head

My head can't do that

Blumf

idunnosomename

stormtroopers have guns used in war. makes you think, that.

Replies From View

How about they rename this film Flight of the Sky Gayer or something like this?

Head Gardener