Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:21:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

BloodBorne Re:Borne 2: Bellectric Bloodaloo

Started by Hank Venture, April 12, 2019, 11:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishfinger

If you're doing all bosses, please don't overlook the manifold - but admittedly optional - delights of the story Chalice Dungeons, the first of which unlocks after Blood-starved Beast in Old Yharnam.

Hank Venture

Right, today's progress:

Skipped the hunter trio and went straight to the boss, who went down on my first try. Progressed through Lecture Hall 2nd Floor, killed Patches the cunt, onto Nightmare of Mensis. Don't understand how that Frenzy mechanic work, so I just kept doing suicide runs to clear the place of loot. Ended up in a hall full of spiders and some bastard hunter who killed me easily - might be that Henryk fella Eileen warned me about? Could have sworn I heard a baby cry as well ... So currently I still have Martyr Logarius, Hunter Trio, Solo Hunter in Nightmare of Mensis, Nightmare Frontier and Eileen as my loose threads. I'm at level 70 ish and with Threaded Cane +9. Think I'll push on in NF tomorrow. Eileen is a monster, although I managed to parry her once and got her down to about 50%.

Quote from: Fishfinger on April 14, 2019, 05:57:19 PM
If you're doing all bosses, please don't overlook the manifold - but admittedly optional - delights of the story Chalice Dungeons, the first of which unlocks after Blood-starved Beast in Old Yharnam.

Yet to try.

Fishfinger

Re: the Chalice Dungeons

Quote from: Hank Venture on April 14, 2019, 09:33:12 PM
Yet to try.

Based on your progress so far I think you'll sail through them, at least initially. You'll be over-leveled for the first few. It's an interesting addendum to the game. The last two evenings I did co-op trying to help a friend get his platinum via the final two story dungeons. We got through it, but holy fuck it was clutch at times. They are boring and frustrating and exhilarating and bullshit and great. You'll see. But the main game is the thing.

Hank Venture

What's the point of no return here?

Today:
- Eileen smashed
- Amygdala smashed

Jerzy Bondov

Point of no return is pretty obvious - once there's a fire in a familiar place you can access the final boss. Don't fight it until you're ready for NG+

Thursday

Micolash is basically the last boss you should do, once you get the lamp after him don't progress further in that area. I mean technically you can do one more after him, but it's better not to I think, due to how it might lock certain dialogues out.

Jerzy Bondov

Ah yeah you can lock yourself out of certain things after Micolash I suppose. If you want the secret ending and extra boss have a Google of the umbilical cords. But personally I got right up to the last boss then went and had a crack at the DLC and chalice dungeons and didn't feel like I was missing anything.

Fishfinger

In addition to the endgame I can also think of two optional areas I haven't seen you mention yet.

Hank Venture

First Chalice Dungeon smashed. My joy playing this? Smashed. Mic is probably the worst boss fight in the series for me, the first phase is just tedious. Also it feels unfair, as it forces you to take damage no matter if you play it perfectly. Think I'll cheese him if it isn't patched.

Quote from: Fishfinger on April 15, 2019, 09:37:12 PM
In addition to the endgame I can also think of two optional areas I haven't seen you mention yet.

Oh yeah, what's that?

My current frontiers:
- Micolash
- Darkbeast Paarl, almost forgot him.
- Martyr Logarius
- The three hunters in Y'G, cleared the rest.

I find the Micolash phase one completely indefensible. Great character, iconic voice work, hateful hateful fight. The number of times I got to phase two and he one-shot me. Number of times I got lost. It's despicable.

Fishfinger

Quote from: Hank Venture on April 15, 2019, 10:03:40 PM
Oh yeah, what's that?

These:

Upper Cathedral Ward: two bosses, accessed using key found in Yahar'gul Village
Iosefka's Clinic: no mini-boss fight after Rom, end-game item(s), accessed via ladders in the Forbidden Wood

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: The Boston Crab on April 15, 2019, 10:24:00 PM
Great character, iconic voice work
"Oh no, I'm waking up. I'll forget everyfing, Mary Poppins!"

Thursday

I'm waking up! Aww gawd what have I done? My wife's going to kill me!

Hank Venture

Smashed:
- Darkbeast Paarl
- Celestial Emissary
- Ebrietas
- Hunter trio in Y'G

Still struggling with Martyr Logarius, who is a complete prick.

Good lad. Genuinely could be time to get the DLC. Trust us, it's an all timer.

Fishfinger

Very nice. I always found him really tough.

Fishfinger

To which I would add: if you didn't already, wear the thing he dropped, at his location.

Hank Venture

Quote from: Fishfinger on April 16, 2019, 09:41:14 PM
To which I would add: if you didn't already, wear the thing he dropped, at his location.

Yeah, did that whole thing. I always check Google if there's something I missed just because I'm a completionist and can't be bothered to play games twice. It goes against the spirit of the game, but who cares.

Downloaded the DLC, it's pretty tough. I've got to the River of Blood area. Managed to kill that beast man hunter, and that whole cave with the gatling gun hunter + two other big and scary mobs. Pleased with that, called it a day after. Sold th Amygdala Arm and the GG as I'm not invested in STR as a skill, hope that won't come back to haunt me for aome reason.

Now at level 80, all in on Ludwig's Holy Blade +9. Crikey.

Hank Venture

Ludwig smashed. Toss-up between him and Logarius for toughest boss thus far, although weirdly I found Ludwig's sword phase way easier than the first phase.

Hank Venture

Micolash Cage DOWN, Mother Brain DOWN. Ludwig's Holy Blade fully upgraded.

Went back to Mic after faffing about in The Old Hunters, and he went down like a sack of bricks. Best voice acting in the game, imo - been muttering "grant us eyes, grant us eyes" and "but alas, not too fast" to myself the last day.

Cleared out the Research Hall, just the boss remaining. Going to try to cheat myself to some blood echoes against the Living Failures this weekend: https://www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/comments/bes5g9/this_is_how_to_get_max_blood_echoes_uses_a_bug/

Fishfinger

Good stuff, appreciate the write-ups. You still have a lot of fun things ahead.

Never heard of that bug before, but each to their own. Diminishing returns mean that being over-leveled doesn't matter that much, for the final DLC boss and the latter chalice dungeons in particular. I think my main character's lvl 255 now, but I can still get wrecked. It's more about being able to use any tactic or load-out you fancy, 'cos you have the stats.

Hank Venture

It's not so much for the levelling, but more for buying all the weapons and armor. I don't think I am going to bother with NG+, so I just want to experience all content before I finish up.

Hank Venture

Close to snapping my disc in two due to the cunts down the well in the Fishing Hamlet. Terrible. Hardest encounter in the game, including bosses. Still haven't downed them. They've killed me like 20-30 times now, just once have I managed to kill one of them and then almost down the other, only for it to do that fucking overpowered diving attack at me.

Hank Venture

Quote from: Hank Venture on April 26, 2019, 09:25:31 AM
It's not so much for the levelling, but more for buying all the weapons and armor. I don't think I am going to bother with NG+, so I just want to experience all content before I finish up.

Didn't do this after all.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Hank Venture on April 26, 2019, 08:15:38 PM
Close to snapping my disc in two due to the cunts down the well in the Fishing Hamlet. Terrible. Hardest encounter in the game, including bosses. Still haven't downed them. They've killed me like 20-30 times now, just once have I managed to kill one of them and then almost down the other, only for it to do that fucking overpowered diving attack at me.
They're a right pair of twats. The daggers that make baddies fight each other are useful for that bit.