Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:35:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

BloodBorne Re:Borne 2: Bellectric Bloodaloo

Started by Hank Venture, April 12, 2019, 11:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank Venture

Quote from: The Boston Crab on April 28, 2019, 02:54:07 PM
More grounded in samurai shite but some 'surprises'.

Too bad, honestly. Would've been a lot better if it went all out Lovecraft set in Samurai times, imo.

madhair60

Finished Bloodborne last night. Saw credits anyway. Easily my favourite Souls game

Are you playing them all at the same time?!

madhair60

yeh. When I get into 'em I get into em. Polished off SOTFS the other day, so jumped on Bloodborne and a bit of DaSo 3. Stuck on the latter so went on the former more and discovered I'm actually quite near the end, fucked it off yesterday. Will play again.

Sekiro comes in the post today, for fuck sake.

Jerzy Bondov

I went straight to the Bloodborne DLC after finishing DS3 and died and wasted loads of items pressing the wrong fucking buttons. Presumably for Sekiro they've put heal on R2 or something mad.

Quote from: madhair60 on May 01, 2019, 08:36:17 AM
yeh. When I get into 'em I get into em. Polished off SOTFS the other day, so jumped on Bloodborne and a bit of DaSo 3. Stuck on the latter so went on the former more and discovered I'm actually quite near the end, fucked it off yesterday. Will play again.

Sekiro comes in the post today, for fuck sake.

Sekiro always make me think of the phrase

BANGFACE HARD CREW

When you first ram your sword through some guy's collarbone and out through his fuckin lung you'll get what I mean.

ABSOLUTE SCENERY

Only downside is I suppose that you'll be on the woofter patch so try to play the unpatched version for hard man cred.

madhair60

I actually don't know but probably added sjw mode

madhair60

Lads I don't know how to do spoilers so I'm gonna be a bit oblique (a bit).

Mate of mine asked me how I handled the spiders in NoM, I said what fucking spiders, I remember fighting RtVS but no spiders in NoM. He's like, impossible, you have to go through them, but I swear to fuck I never did.

What route did I take? I need to prove to my mate that I skipped the fucking spiders, he thinks I'm lying for no reason. WHY WOULD I LIE ABOUT THIS. I looked up a video and the lad goes through a room with all spiders on the ceiling, followed by fighting a hunter on a bridge - never saw any of that.

Does anyone know how I managed that? Is there another route through that I can show him?

Jerzy Bondov

Map linked for spoilers: https://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/file/Bloodborne/50484966_eng.jpg

You come in at the red bit at the bottom. At the fork you can go right to the lamp, but the two elevators there have to be activated from inside the castle. So you have to go left, up the hill past the giants, and into that area at the top left of the map, which is where Mr Spider and Friends live. Did you somehow go up one of the elevators instead? I don't know how this is possible but maybe it is.  Or maybe you're a big liar.

Hank Venture

No, there's no way to skip that part. You could skip fighting the spiders, but you have to run through the room.

Hank Venture

I'm starting to struggle s bit with the story chalice dungeons now. Think I have cleared all the ones up to Depth 4, which is all of the Pthumerian and Hinterlands ones. Ailing Loran and Great Isz left.

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: Hank Venture on May 01, 2019, 11:24:22 PM
No, there's no way to skip that part. You could skip fighting the spiders, but you have to run through the room.
madhair officially confirmed as BIG LIAR. Telling spider lies. There is no avoiding spider room. You must visit spider room to advance. End of.

I feel like I've gone off games recently but I think what I really want is to play through Bloodborne for the first time again. I've got saves partway through Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 but they're not the same. Shall I get Sekiro? No. It won't be the same.

madhair60

I asked on Resetera and they said I must have triggered a glitch or something, or just bombed it through somehow

Hank Venture

I want more BloodBorne, fucks sake. Tired of the chalice dungeons, feels too procedural. Give me BloodBorne 2. Sekiro with its human enemies can go commit seppuku for all I care.

Hit the wall in the Ailing Loran dungeon, the first boss is a fucking tank and levelling up is pointless because I'm at BL 115 with 35 in Vit, End, Skill, Strength with a maxed Ludwig's and 3x Blood Gems (5). I think I've finally plateaued and the game has won. This is the end.

Don't be stupid about Sekiro mate. You've no idea what you've got in store and its combat system makes Bloodborne feel like Skyrim.

madhair60

Been dreaming about Bloodborne lately. That's new.

It gets under your skin.

Plague ridden rat!

Fishfinger

It's the only game I've dreamed about, too.

madhair60

Did you do the DLC, by the way? I really hope so.

madhair60

Salvaged an old save from PS+ cloud so yeah I've started that now. Not a lot to report yet other than that first area is metal as fuck.

It gets better and better and better. Colossus.