Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,472
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:26:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bunker

Started by aboutlastnight, March 07, 2005, 11:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Off the top off your heads... what is the reasonable amount of sick days an average worker should have off in a year?
Yes, I'm off with flu... and I was off a couple of months back too...

imitationleather

365? That's my average.

Love,
immy

P.S. Why is this thread called Bunker?

Purple Tentacle

Because Hitler was a skiver.

Baxter

don't be too hard on him he was a sensitive man. he went to art school and was a vegetarian for gods sake.

i won't mention his concern for overpopulation and his hiring of gay and disabled staff.

Mod Edit: Please use the "Small" setting in the "Font size:" drop down box, it is more than adequate for your tiny text needs.

petercussing

I've been off for six weeks with severe RSI, which i am flaunting by writing this and being on the e-internetweb. This seems about reasonable, but it has been mind numbingly boring, i can't play the computer or make music or nuthin'.

I've watched a lot of telly though.

Which has been hideous and soul crushingly dull.

My body hurts.

The end.

zozman

You can generally get away with 10-12 days I'd think, unless you're on a probation period or similar, or you've got a particularly shitty job.  You could probably get away with more if you can show you've had something serious, or if you're a woman who goes blubbing to their boss every three and a bit weeks (hehe - only joking ladies!)

There's still steps that your boss would have to go through though, including informal and formal warnings, and making sure that the company is supporting you enough.  It's pretty hard to get sacked nowadays for sickies unless you really take the piss.  If you're in a union, they'd be able to tell you more.

chumfatty

If your off for genuine reasons then as much as it takes (or until they pay you half whack) If you have pretty shitty management, make sure you see a Doctor even if he doesn't give you a note. But don't state this unless asked, because you don't want to look like your 'playing the sytem' .  As as you authenticate in one way or another there is nothing thatt can be done.

Also if you tend to take days off on say a MON or FRI all the time it may look suss. I remember taking away someone right to self certify themselves sick and every day they had off, they had to go the dooctor, muwahhahahaha, (she was taking the piss though)

untitled_london

Quote from: "chumfatty"I remember taking away someone right to self certify themselves sick and every day they had off, they had to go the dooctor, muwahhahahaha, (she was taking the piss though)

you sound like a prick.
legally - you had no right to follow that course of action.

roughly speaking if my better half came to me and said that - i'd be gunning to fuck you up.

seriously - take that statement both ways.

you ought to consider an alternative career, you're obviously not cut out to deal with situations that require emapthy/ symapthy, or basically human contact.

go get yourself a forkies license.
you've a much lesser chance of fucking up peoples lives that way.

dick-head

Hobo

Quote from: "untitled_london"

...unecessary harshness...

Isn't that a bit OTT, considering that you don't know the facts? It maybe that you are right but from the little posted, it seems that you jumped to conclusions. He did state that "she was taking the piss though" which could mean anything really.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: "imitationleather"Why is this thread called Bunker?

Think about it...

InfiniteFury

Quote from: "Hobo"
Quote from: "untitled_london"

...unecessary harshness...

Isn't that a bit OTT, considering that you don't know the facts? It maybe that you are right but from the little posted, it seems that you jumped to conclusions. He did state that "she was taking the piss though" which could mean anything really.

It was a little harsh but one thing to consider is that she may have been taking these days off because she's suffering from the kind of gleeful boss who revels in the opportunity of managing someone's rights/working life, taking the rights away like sweeties and making her life a misery. Perhaps she's genuinely sick from that.

But yes, we don't have the full facts, so hands up I'm guilty. Just speculating.