Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:40:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Let's make Lemmings levels

Started by madhair60, April 13, 2019, 02:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

NeoLemmix is a terribly-named interpreter/engine (I don't know) for Lemmings. Fans of Lemmings use it to play, make and share their own Lemmings level packs. I just downloaded it a half hour ago and fired out a level, it was fucking pish.

I propose we make our own lemmings game "CaB Lemmings", we share the levels here and put them together into our own game, let's aim for 16 levels to start with and we'll see how it goes.

Download here: https://www.neolemmix.com/

The editor is called "NeoLemmix Editor", it comes with the program and is incredibly easy to use. If you need help let me know. I just made a stage called "Singe those whiskers!" and you can download it here.

Do give it a go, it might be fun and good

popcorn

Can't find any way to make Panzer Dragoon Saga in this ?

NoSleep

madhair60

Just fucking make some Lemmings levels you useless cunts

I don't have a computer

Was thinking about Lemminks the other day though  The Tribes sequel, never got into it, maybe too complicated. The og was massive it seemed though.

Replies From View

Could we do it as a flipbook instead?

Where instead of clicking on an ability and a specific Lemming you simply reach for a flipbook that corresponds to how many of your Lemmings have survived, where they are all located on your screen, all the various abilities you have assigned to them, and so on.

NoSleep

Quote from: Replies From View on April 13, 2019, 04:43:20 PM
Could we do it as a flipbook instead?

Where instead of clicking on an ability and a specific Lemming you simply reach for a flipbook that corresponds to how many of your Lemmings have survived, where they are all located on your screen, all the various abilities you have assigned to them, and so on.

Oddly enough, I have a first person shooter that works with books, called Ace Of Aces. It's a WWI air combat game between a Sopwith Camel and a Fokker Triplane.

Mister Six

Was there ever any way to ensure a lemming did it's action in a particular direction? I remember it being a cunt when you had to click into a heaving mass of lemmings and hope that one of them would build a diagonal walkway in the right direction...

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Is there a way to make all the lemmings bald white men?

Twed

madhair, I like your idea.

I'm not doing it until I've set up a sandbox to run that .exe in though.

Quote from: Mister Six on April 13, 2019, 05:08:27 PM
Was there ever any way to ensure a lemming did it's action in a particular direction? I remember it being a cunt when you had to click into a heaving mass of lemmings and hope that one of them would build a diagonal walkway in the right direction...

IIRC they will build in the direction they are facing. Your problem stems from being a Lemming Amateur who allowed his lemmings to get all bunched up.

It's a good idea despite my own lack of input

Twed

I'm quite interested in the idea of porting this NeoLemmix to the web, actually.

NoSleep

Quote from: NoSleep on April 13, 2019, 02:33:04 PM
Windows, boo.

Quote from: Twed on April 13, 2019, 05:36:51 PM
madhair, I like your idea.

I'm not doing it until I've set up a sandbox to run that .exe in though.

Ah yes, I could run it in Crossover on a Mac, maybe.

madhair60

Quote from: Mister Six on April 13, 2019, 05:08:27 PM

With this engine (NeoLemmix), if you hold one of the arrow keys you'll only select Lemmings who are moving in that direction

Twed

Whoa, hold up, I didn't know we'd need a degree in Advanced Lemmingology to do this, einsteni

Twed

I might put "We all fall down" being my epitaph as a directive in my will. Can you do that? Put stuff in your will that forces people what to say after you're dead?

Replies From View

Quote from: Twed on April 13, 2019, 07:35:23 PM
I might put "We all fall down" being my epitaph as a directive in my will. Can you do that? Put stuff in your will that forces people what to say after you're dead?

I think you should force them all to have "Let's Go!" as their own final ever words.

madhair60

Two of the seven I made today. It's fun!

St_Eddie

This sounds like fun!  I'll have a bash tomorrow, for sure.  Once that's out of the way, I may even try to make my own Lemmings level.

Replies From View

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 14, 2019, 03:38:06 AM
This sounds like fun!  I'll have a bash tomorrow, for sure.  Once that's out of the way, I may even try to make my own Lemmings level.

Bash, like Basher Lemmings.

Twed

Solid Jim

I've made this. It could easily be described as a fussy and annoying stage in a game I otherwise like.

The level you posted can be completed by means of the following cheap exploit. However, I promise I did it legit-wise afterwards.

Twed

I was hoping you'd be able to provide bitmaps (IFFs!) like the Shadow of the Beast level. These all look a bit like genuine levels and I was hoping CaB would make levels where you had to dig to the centre of a big arse or something.

madhair60

The lower flames dont get the Lemmings? Bastard cunt life!

Solid Jim

Quote from: madhair60 on April 17, 2019, 11:25:22 PM
The lower flames dont get the Lemmings? Bastard cunt life!

Enabling 'trigger areas' in the editor view options is somewhat helpful, although you still have to figure out what part of the lemming sprite needs to intersect with the trigger area (as far as I can tell, the pixel immediately below their feet.)

Here's that level.

madhair60

I'm gonna get rid of that leftmost chainlink.

See? This is why sharing levels is worthwhile!!

Solid Jim

This is my other idea. I only know how to make awkward puzzle levels.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Solid Jim on April 18, 2019, 07:52:23 PM

This is my other idea. I only know how to make awkward puzzle levels.

You only know how to be brilliant.  You're awesome.