Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:00:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Whitehouse

Started by thatmuch, March 08, 2005, 01:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatmuch

I listened to an excellent mp3 from this group, but is it true that they glorify violence against women, serial killers and fighting? I certainly get that impression. Plus they have horrible lp covers.
Anybody know anything?

http://www.susanlawly.com

Should be more info than you need. I saw them last year and they were really entertaining. Didn't murder or harm anyone in any way either.

Well, apart from taking away the ability to hear any trebley noises for a few days.

Dirty Boy

The few bits i've heard involved someone shouting random obscenities over shrieking feedback and assorted black and decker noises.It's extreme, but not very interesting.Prefer Nurse With Wound really, incidently with whom Whitehouse collaberated with on this album
which has lovely cover art :-o

Dunno about the supposed mysoginy and violence of the lyrics though, but it would seem they are trying to create a deliberately oppressive sound.This doesn't necessarily mean they're nazis.Same with a band like Swans i suppose...

Edit: off that site matey boy just linked...

QuoteAre Whitehouse 'misogynist'?
The lyrics of certain songs (in addition to some of the writings of Peter Sotos) have led certain people to the view that the group is misogynist. Judging by the high percentages of females at recent Whitehouse live actions it might seem odd to reach this assumption. William Bennett: "I don't think I'm a misogynist at all, although I can understand why people might question that. There are a set of much more complex emotional functions involved with these songs and I've never felt that simple hatred was one of them."

Whitehouse is all talk and no substance in my opinion. He should stop badmouthing other noise artists as well...

That whole group of electro-machine music folk had some fucking dickhead elements back in the day, some of whom referenced child sexuality far too much for my liking.

Dirty boy is right; NWW is so far ahead of Whitehouse in terms of invention, scope and actual talent.