Author Topic: Ghosts (BBC1)  (Read 13489 times)

Re: Ghosts (BBC1)
« Reply #150 on: October 12, 2019, 12:05:02 PM »
Happy to hear this. It's a good cast and although the first series wasn't spectacular, there were enough laughs and amusing characters to keep me watching. I think the setting provides a lot of room to explore a lot of humour both present and in the past, and they have already established that the actors will play several roles so they can just shuffle out any non-starters and introduce a new character.

H-O-W-L

• Front Toward Enemy
« Reply #151 on: October 16, 2019, 03:32:58 AM »
Lovely little show this. Barely through episode one but it's got the kind of clown-shoe charm that Horrible Histories had. Not a drop of cynicism or nastiness in it, just gleeful silliness.

H-O-W-L

• Front Toward Enemy
« Reply #152 on: October 16, 2019, 05:19:01 AM »
watched all of it in one night and i fucking lost it for ages at the househunting in the last ep when she keeps seeing increasingly horrid ghosts. the cheerful floating nazi pilots was fucking great.

« Reply #153 on: November 20, 2019, 03:47:25 PM »

pigamus

• Sex, death, mayonnaise.
« Reply #154 on: November 20, 2019, 06:36:48 PM »
Just watching it now as a result of seeing this thread. It's good fun. As mentioned, the spookiest thing is how much lovely Alison looks like Margot Kidder - it's uncanny!

« Reply #155 on: August 05, 2020, 10:00:19 AM »
First series being rerun again on BBC1 presumably in preparation for a September airing of series 2, which apparently wrapped shooting two days before lockdown.

kalowski

• the Zone of Zero Funkativity
« Reply #156 on: August 05, 2020, 10:04:38 AM »
Because it was shown in the 8.30 slot I started watching it with my kids, both huge fans if horrible histories. Well, it's even better second time around. Just great. Julian talking about his wife's three free passes with "Wolf, Cobra and John Fashanu" had me laughing uncontrollably.

« Reply #157 on: August 05, 2020, 10:25:13 AM »
First series being rerun again on BBC1 presumably in preparation for a September airing of series 2, which apparently wrapped shooting two days before lockdown.

Watched this a few weeks (?) into LOCKDOWN. I really enjoyed it but couldn't really tell you any memorable moments. Would happily watch again though.

Charlotte Ritchie is Margot Kidder though. So glad someone's pointed that out. Spot on. She seems to play pretty much the same person in everything I've seen but I really enjoy the performance.

Good cast although am not a fan of Loli Adefope - she seems to be in loads of stuff though. Like, loads. And in the states. I remember her on RHLSTP and he seemed a bit annoyed at her with how easy she said things were in the business (may be a false memory).

Am going to read the rest of this thread now as am sure I will make the same points.

Does it need a second series though?

Alberon

• His heart is an empty fridge
« Reply #158 on: August 05, 2020, 02:00:42 PM »
Yes. It absolutely does.

« Reply #159 on: August 05, 2020, 02:38:11 PM »
Yes. It absolutely does.

I hope so

(not trying to have the last word - I really enjoyed it just hoping it won't be more of exactly the same)

Alberon

• His heart is an empty fridge
« Reply #160 on: August 05, 2020, 02:43:26 PM »
There was a noticeable step up from the first to the second series of Yonderland. As a comedy group they do seem to be the sort that put the work in rather than saying ‘that’ll do’.

And anyway, I think it’s a good practice to give a show a chance to grow.

« Reply #161 on: August 05, 2020, 02:56:14 PM »
There was a noticeable step up from the first to the second series of Yonderland. As a comedy group they do seem to be the sort that put the work in rather than saying ‘that’ll do’.

And anyway, I think it’s a good practice to give a show a chance to grow.

My policy is to always give a show at least until its second season (unless it's unwatchable), because so many shows stumble in their first year, at least a bit.

« Reply #162 on: September 12, 2020, 02:08:05 PM »
S2
Monday
21st Sep
8.30pm
BBC One

« Reply #163 on: September 12, 2020, 07:09:13 PM »

Tags: