Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:30:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ghosts (BBC1)

Started by DrGreggles, April 15, 2019, 09:16:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filth gabs

Happy to hear this. It's a good cast and although the first series wasn't spectacular, there were enough laughs and amusing characters to keep me watching. I think the setting provides a lot of room to explore a lot of humour both present and in the past, and they have already established that the actors will play several roles so they can just shuffle out any non-starters and introduce a new character.

H-O-W-L

Lovely little show this. Barely through episode one but it's got the kind of clown-shoe charm that Horrible Histories had. Not a drop of cynicism or nastiness in it, just gleeful silliness.

H-O-W-L

watched all of it in one night and i fucking lost it for ages at the househunting in the last ep when she keeps seeing increasingly horrid ghosts. the cheerful floating nazi pilots was fucking great.

Norton Canes

pigamus

Just watching it now as a result of seeing this thread. It's good fun. As mentioned, the spookiest thing is how much lovely Alison looks like Margot Kidder - it's uncanny!

Norton Canes

First series being rerun again on BBC1 presumably in preparation for a September airing of series 2, which apparently wrapped shooting two days before lockdown.

kalowski

Because it was shown in the 8.30 slot I started watching it with my kids, both huge fans if horrible histories. Well, it's even better second time around. Just great. Julian talking about his wife's three free passes with "Wolf, Cobra and John Fashanu" had me laughing uncontrollably.

paruses

Quote from: Norton Canes on August 05, 2020, 10:00:19 AM
First series being rerun again on BBC1 presumably in preparation for a September airing of series 2, which apparently wrapped shooting two days before lockdown.

Watched this a few weeks (?) into LOCKDOWN. I really enjoyed it but couldn't really tell you any memorable moments. Would happily watch again though.

Charlotte Ritchie is Margot Kidder though. So glad someone's pointed that out. Spot on. She seems to play pretty much the same person in everything I've seen but I really enjoy the performance.

Good cast although am not a fan of Loli Adefope - she seems to be in loads of stuff though. Like, loads. And in the states. I remember her on RHLSTP and he seemed a bit annoyed at her with how easy she said things were in the business (may be a false memory).

Am going to read the rest of this thread now as am sure I will make the same points.

Does it need a second series though?

Alberon

Yes. It absolutely does.

paruses

Quote from: Alberon on August 05, 2020, 02:00:42 PM
Yes. It absolutely does.

I hope so

(not trying to have the last word - I really enjoyed it just hoping it won't be more of exactly the same)

Alberon

There was a noticeable step up from the first to the second series of Yonderland. As a comedy group they do seem to be the sort that put the work in rather than saying 'that'll do'.

And anyway, I think it's a good practice to give a show a chance to grow.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Alberon on August 05, 2020, 02:43:26 PM
There was a noticeable step up from the first to the second series of Yonderland. As a comedy group they do seem to be the sort that put the work in rather than saying 'that'll do'.

And anyway, I think it's a good practice to give a show a chance to grow.

My policy is to always give a show at least until its second season (unless it's unwatchable), because so many shows stumble in their first year, at least a bit.

DrGreggles

S2
Monday
21st Sep
8.30pm
BBC One

Norton Canes