Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:03:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Saving Syria's Children Did The BBC Lie? (Crowdfunded doc by Victor Lewis-Smith)

Started by sponk, April 15, 2019, 08:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sponk

A man named Robert Stuart has been trying to prove that the Panorama episode that showed chemical attacks in Syria was fake.   Victor Lewis-Smith has been tweeting about it for a couple of years now, and it seems the documentary is finally going to be made, if its crowdfunding target is met.

QuoteOverview
Did BBC Panorama collude with ISIS and other jihadist groups in Syria to stage an atrocity?
Are the alleged "napalm" injuries real?
Why was the first report broadcast as parliament was voting on bombing Damascus?
Is the UK charity featured linked to terrorism?
Has a key witness been identified and will she go on record to blow the whistle?
What are the consequences for the BBC's global reputation?
Is This Scene Real?

I'm surprised this story hasn't received any mainstream attention, some of the evidence seems convincing. I'd love to see the doc get made, but it doesn't look too promising from the amount of money raised so far. If it's true, then the BBC is fucked, surely?

biggytitbo

I've been following this story for a few years and there are lots of questions for them to answer, who put them up to filming with these jihadi 'rebels', how much did the BBC know about their activities, was the BBC aware of any Western intellegence involvement with these groups and did the BBC take part or observe any staged incidents, including the one shown in the panorama clip.

It would hardly be surprising if that entire episode, timed as it was to help UK politicians push for military intervention, was the work of the intellignce services and the BBC were  doing their job was mouthpieces of state propoganda. That said, this does seem one step too far, in terms of how blatant it would be, for the BBC to have been actively involved with this, more likely they were someone else's useful idiots.

sponk

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 15, 2019, 08:47:33 PM
I've been following this story for a few years and there are lots of questions for them to answer, who put them up to filming with these jihadi 'rebels', how much did the BBC know about their activities, was the BBC aware of any Western intellegence involvement with these groups and did the BBC take part or observe any staged incidents, including the one shown in the panorama clip.

It would hardly be surprising if that entire episode, timed as it was to help UK politicians push for military intervention, was the work of the intellignce services and the BBC were  doing their job was mouthpieces of state propoganda. That said, this does seem one step too far, in terms of how blatant it would be, for the BBC to have been actively involved with this, more likely they were someone else's useful idiots.

Hey bigs dont you think it's "convenient" that the Notre Dame fire happened tonight and is pushing this thread down the replies list, into obscurity?

BlodwynPig

Bye bye BBC!!!! Get in!!!

Please show pics of Celebs leaving Beeb HQ with cardboard boxes...david tennant, walliams, strictly people... you lot propped up this empire made of emperors new clothes

thenoise

José

Quote from: sponk on April 15, 2019, 09:19:59 PM
Hey bigs dont you think it's "convenient" that the Notre Dame fire happened tonight and is pushing this thread down the replies list, into obscurity?

i heard the fire was caused by faulty gas lighting.

Flouncer

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 15, 2019, 09:51:38 PM
Bye bye BBC!!!! Get in!!!

Please show pics of Celebs leaving Beeb HQ with cardboard boxes...david tennant, walliams, strictly people... you lot propped up this empire made of emperors new clothes

What an interesting, witty and surprising response.

Shit Good Nose

I don't know anything about this at all, but having seen plenty of all-too-real other footage of the aftermath of other chemical attacks, first impressions of the clip in the OP - howlingly obviously fake.  999 levels of dramatic reconstruction there.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on April 16, 2019, 08:23:35 AM
What an interesting, witty and surprising response.

What a novel, detailed, and unexpected reply. Are you Nick 'secrets' Witchell?

Flouncer

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on April 16, 2019, 03:03:56 PM
I don't know anything about this at all, but having seen plenty of all-too-real other footage of the aftermath of other chemical attacks, first impressions of the clip in the OP - howlingly obviously fake.  999 levels of dramatic reconstruction there.

Still pretty gruesome though (the scenes with Keith Allen, I mean).

Twed

Can somebody summarise if I'm supposed to be for or against this? Note: I will base my reaction on who you are. That's only fair.

sponk

Quote from: thenoise on April 15, 2019, 09:56:42 PM
It'll have as much effect on the BBC as unlawful killing did on the royal family.

I found UK entertaining but badly researched. For example, they made a huge deal out of the "incredible" amount of time it took to get Di to the hospital, obviously implying that they may have been driving slowly to let her die on purpose, when the time taken was actually pretty reasonably explained by the driver and doctor in the ambulance - they decided to go slowly and steadily so they could provide treatment more effectively.

biggytitbo

It doesn't really offer much new aside from pointing out the fact the inquest itself provided lots of evidence for conspiracy, which it then mostly glossed over.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

BlodwynPig

thenoise

What a fascinating and enlightening debate you two are having.  Thanks for not taking it to PMs!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: thenoise on April 17, 2019, 03:50:55 PM
What a fascinating and enlightening debate you two are having.  Thanks for not taking it to PMs!

We have also been in the PMs.

(more fascination right here!)

Flouncer

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 18, 2019, 12:44:43 AM
We have also been in the PMs.

(more fascination right here!)

Can't you just meet up somewhere, bring a ruler, and figure out who's got the biggest nob?

BlodwynPig

biggytitbo

Neocon gatekeeper Oliver Kamm has layed into Keith Allen for promoting this absurd conspiracy theory. Hours later -

Paul Calf

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 15, 2019, 08:47:33 PM
I've been following this story for a few years and there are lots of questions for them to answer...

This is the best half-sentence I've ever read.

Pepotamo1985

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on April 16, 2019, 03:03:56 PM

I've spoken to GMC-registered med professionals who share your view. From a personal perspective, having seen people who behave when they've been injured in a 'mere' building fire first-hand, I can say with a high degree of subjective certainty that those scenes are total bullshit.

Huffington Post's indefatigably dodgy Chris York also wrote a hatchet job on Robert Stuart's project, interviewing a decidedly 'interesting' hostile environment training firm to support his attacks - I've written a bit about them (https://twitter.com/KitKlarenberg/status/1124664459757346816) and there'll be more to come very soon.

biggytitbo

idunnosomename

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 05, 2019, 10:24:44 AM
Neocon gatekeeper Oliver Kamm has layed into Keith Allen for promoting this absurd conspiracy theory.
Oliver Kamm is a sack of turds I will give you that. About his only claim to fame is being the son of the translator of the Asterix books (and a lot of the English jokes).

Still, a fucking bourgeois cunt

biggytitbo

He's not even a very good cunt, he's the poor man's David Aaronovitch, who at least is an accomplished cunt.