Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:30:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ever made an animal trap?

Started by Flatulent Fox, April 16, 2019, 02:03:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flatulent Fox

Making traps.Anyone ever made any animal traps and caught something?

I did once,and it worked better than expected.
There was a pestilence of Magpies in the garden so I finally did something about it and made a Larsen trap out of timber and plastic mesh.

Pretty much this design

I then set it up late in the evening with a turkey leg bone and some crushed eggs shells as bait ,then used Bungee cords and a split stick trigger.
Waking up super early the next morning,I eagerly looked out the window to see TWO magpies trapped inside looking guilty.
What a result.

Unfortunately while I returned with a sack ( you're meant to put magpies in em so they say),I met my dog coming the other way with the turkey bone*.He had gotten out and flipped the trap to get at it somehow.
One magpie had dissapeared and the other was furiously trying to spear itself through the mesh which it did in front of me as I approached.It the flew off leaving one angry me.

After that,there was a series of daft blackbirds who kept getting trapped.The smaller birds could get in and out no problem.

The only time I saw the trap catch something was when a flock of seagulls swooped down after the bread I left as bait.One landed on the roof of the trap with it's webbed feet,and had a look around inside.The a larger seagul landed doing a karate kick to the first 'gul and it flew into the trap.The other gulls scarpered and I had to go and release  this pissed of idiot seagull.

That trap is in the celler atm,but I think I'll get it out for further research.

*Dogs are not allowed turkey bones.

Buelligan

I hate and despise traps.  I implore you to take and axe to that trap and let that be an end of it.

I hope you get trap in it yourself you old cunt

Ronalado

Is possible catch any animal in trap

Bat mouse

Weysel

Rud Hulet say that even catch wife in trap, in Tschechnya. RONALADO listen first. and

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Fry

What have you got against magpies anyway?

Beagle 2

There are quite often magpies in my garden and I have never felt the urge to construct machinery to incarcerate them. Am I part of the problem?

Fuck off trapping animals. I hope you fall in a well.

Dr Trouser

When I was younger I used an upside down cardboard box, a twig and some string to catch our cat with a piece of chocolate as bait - like they do in Tom and Jerry.

It didn't work. 28 I was etc....

Snake Plissken

Quote from: Fry on April 16, 2019, 08:22:33 AM
What have you got against magpies anyway?
Had a mate who used to salute those things.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Prison Biscuits on April 16, 2019, 08:56:19 AM
Fuck off trapping animals. I hope you fall in a well.

House pet - trapped
Lead - trapped
Gate - trapped

Let's distinguish between nice trapping and nasty trapping

Blumf

Fry

Traps are sneaky, underhanded things to use. You wanna magpie gone you do it hand to hand. Go out there windmilling your arms until you thump one in the cloaca.

madhair60

I caught a mouse once with a genius bottle trap, took it outside and released it. It ran straight back into the house through the open door

thenoise

My friend's lady cat grew a massive pair of balls. He is reluctant to rename her as she has a really feminine face.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: thenoise on April 16, 2019, 10:08:56 AM
My friend's lady cat grew a massive pair of balls. He is reluctant to rename her as she has a really feminine face.

She was previously a meek kind of character but then became really, really assertive ?

Norton Canes

My friend's lady cat grew a massive pair of balls. He is reluctant to rename her as she has a really feminine face

We've all been there

Blue Jam

Why bother trapping magpies and releasing them elsewhere? I can understand those humane mouse traps where you're supposed to release the mouse at least two blocks away, but you know magpies can fly back, right?

Also you had to release a pissed-off cuntbeak? You're braver than I am. If I had a cuntbeak trapped in my garden I'd probably just move house.

Sebastian Cobb

We've got a cat called Dr Dre. We just used to call him Ray before we took him down the vets though.

madhair60

Well I be done seen 'bout ever-thang but I ain't seen no animal trap

Buelligan

Quote from: Dr Trouser on April 16, 2019, 09:11:24 AM
When I was younger I used an upside down cardboard box, a twig and some string to catch our cat with a piece of chocolate as bait - like they do in Tom and Jerry.

It didn't work. 28 I was etc....

Just feel I should mention, never, ever, ever, let animals near chocolate, it can poison them to death.

Same goes for onions or food containing garlic, onions, leeks, chives, etc too.

Thank you.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I told a girl on a bus in Estonia to stop giving her dog chocolate, once. One miserable old git tried to drag me back by  my rucksack, whilst another old dear said " He's right y'know, you'd better pack that in, missy. ". In the end, the consensus on the bus was " no choccie for doggy. ".I watched my episode of " Catastrophe" with Estonian subtitles with pride that night.

Sin Agog

Quote from: Buelligan on April 16, 2019, 10:40:30 AM
Just feel I should mention, never, ever, ever, let animals near chocolate, it can poison them to death.

Same goes for onions or food containing garlic, onions, leeks, chives, etc too.

Thank you.

i eat chocolate to proof that i aint a animal

Buelligan

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on April 16, 2019, 11:03:12 AM
I told a girl on a bus in Estonia to stop giving her dog chocolate, once. One miserable old git tried to drag me back by  my rucksack, whilst another old dear said " He's right y'know, you'd better pack that in, missy. ". In the end, the consensus on the bus was " no choccie for doggy. ".I watched my episode of " Catastrophe" with Estonian subtitles with pride that night.

Lucky they had a British man there to tell them what's what, eh?  But well done Lisa, I'm only teasing you, you are now renowned enough to use the title, Koer Päästja.

Sin Agog

I would go with kallis vittu (the only Estonian I know, just because it means something similar in Finnish).

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Buelligan on April 16, 2019, 11:08:57 AM
Lucky they had a British man there to tell them what's what, eh?  But well done Lisa, I'm only teasing you, you are now renowned enough to use the title, Koer Päästja.
Ma olen ni  segaduses!

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Sin Agog on April 16, 2019, 11:14:17 AM
I would go with kallis vittu (the only Estonian I know, just because it means something similar in Finnish).
* reins in reflex action to say " 12 months" in Estonian, as every English person what's been to Estonia has to do*

Cuellar

eh?

*goes to google translate*

oh lol

Neville Chamberlain

Estonian really is a daft language. It's like it always wants to be Finnish but keeps messing up and making a tit of itself.