Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:33:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ever made an animal trap?

Started by Flatulent Fox, April 16, 2019, 02:03:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on April 16, 2019, 11:45:50 AM
Estonian really is a daft language. It's like it always wants to be Finnish but keeps messing up and making a tiit of itself.

FTFY.
( because " Tiit" is an Estonian male name, as in the famous Estonian actor Tiit Sukk , or retired Estonian retired professsional basketball player, and current coach of the Estonian national basketball team,  Tiit Sokk )

Flatulent Fox

Thank you for all your kind and sexy comments,and not getting all in a flap about it.
  Too many magpies,as we all know is extremely bad for other species,particularly during nesting time.
It's a part of nature,but so am I.

I'm delighted with all your enthusiastic encouragement and will keep you updated with my responsible magpie hunting adventures.

Dex Sawash

You'll find magpie pie is disappointing

Buelligan

Quote from: Flatulent Fox on April 16, 2019, 01:36:53 PM
Thank you for all your kind and sexy comments,and not getting all in a flap about it.
  Too many magpies,as we all know is extremely bad for other species,particularly during nesting time.
It's a part of nature,but so am I.

I'm delighted with all your enthusiastic encouragement and will keep you updated with my responsible magpie hunting adventures.

If you're part of Nature then I hope you won't mind if someone sprays you down with glyphosate.  Too much nature, like too many notes in a piece of music, is a problem easily resolved and repented of at your leisure (in my cellar).  I'll fetch my tools.

madhair60

Quote from: Buelligan on April 16, 2019, 10:40:30 AM
Just feel I should mention, never, ever, ever, let animals near chocolate, it can poison them to death.

Same goes for onions or food containing garlic, onions, leeks, chives, etc too.

Thank you.

I've just done my spaniel a dopiaza. I'm not fucking wasting it.

Buelligan

Mook not, lest ye be mooked.  That's my advice.

Fry

What a legend. Noble. Massive presence, gone without a word. Now that's an animal that won't be trapped.

Replies From View

Quote from: Fry on April 16, 2019, 01:46:04 PM
What a legend. Noble. Massive presence, gone without a word. Now that's an animal that won't be trapped.

DINOSAURS

Sebastian Cobb

Traps are cruel but I did lol at a seagull flying kicking another one into a trap.

Replies From View

I've seen a cat forcing a live seagull through a catflap before.  I was in the house at the time and watched the battle with more and more of the seagull getting pushed into the kitchen, and I didn't do anything to stop it because it wasn't my house and anyway I don't like to interfere with nature.

Jittlebags

That's a very commendable attitude to adopt. Pure Attenborough, Dave not Dickie.

pancreas

Must stay with you, an experience like that.

St_Eddie

EDIT: On second thought, I don't know enough about the ins and outs of animal trapping to comment.

popcorn

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 17, 2019, 01:51:05 AM
EDIT: On second thought, I don't know enough about the ins and outs of animal trapping to comment.

I met you know more than you let on.

Bazooka

I'd love to trap a porpoise in the boot of a Peugeot 206, love it!

St_Eddie

Quote from: Bazooka on April 17, 2019, 09:44:22 AM
I'd love to trap a porpoise in the boot of a Peugeot 206, love it!

I once trapped an aquatic mammal in my net but it wasn't a porpoise.

Yuk Yuk.

Replies From View

Has anyone here ever made an animal trap another animal?

Ian Drunken Smurf

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on April 16, 2019, 11:17:09 AM
* reins in reflex action to say " 12 months" in Estonian, as every English person what's been to Estonia has to do*

Ah yes the Kaks Teks Kuud joke.

Gregory Torso

Quote from: Replies From View on April 17, 2019, 12:30:57 PM
Has anyone here ever made an animal trap another animal?

When I was 9, there was a moth in my bedroom and I carefully ushered it towards the window with a copy of "Britain's Fandabidoziest Mammals" magazine and as soon it was out of the window a swift ate it, so I relased an animal, and it was then immediately trapped in the digestive carpark of another. Does that count?

Replies From View

Quote from: Gregory Torso on April 21, 2019, 11:20:15 PM
When I was 9, there was a moth in my bedroom and I carefully ushered it towards the window with a copy of "Britain's Fandabidoziest Mammals" magazine and as soon it was out of the window a swift ate it, so I relased an animal, and it was then immediately trapped in the digestive carpark of another. Does that count?

Not really.  It would count if you had manually coaxed the swift to eat the moth.

Bazooka

In a sense fishing with life bait counts, be it maggot, mole or man.