Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:07:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Don't Forget the Driver

Started by Shit Good Nose, April 16, 2019, 12:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shit Good Nose

New show with Toby Jones.  Referred to by many as a "sadcom" - is that a new term, or has it been doing the rounds for a while?

I thought it was...odd.  It's got a really weird feel about it.

Shit Good Nose

Malcy

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on April 16, 2019, 01:09:24 PM
Sorry, missed it.

Easy done with the long thread title without the name of the show in it!

gilbertharding

It wouldn't fit!

I haven't seen this yet - all my spare time is spent catching up on Line of Duty (halfway through series three now... soon be there).

Twed

I genuinely thought there was another programme on called Don't Forget the Doctor. I had imagined it starring Martin Clunes. (Seriously)

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Twed on April 16, 2019, 01:49:45 PM
I genuinely thought there was another programme on called Don't Forget the Doctor. I had imagined it starring Martin Clunes. (Seriously)

Even more confusing given that sitcom he did recently where he was a driving instructor.

Twed

I think I was conflating those two.

Dr Syntax Head

I'm enjoying this but agreed it has got an odd feel to it, and I like that a lot.

jobotic

Watched episode 2 last night (haven't seen 1). He's so good isn't he? Will watch it all this week.

Bad Ambassador

Impressive how it balances obviously serious subject matter - human trafficking, dementia, racism - with jokes like Paul walking all the way down the bus to his seat and sitting down, then slowly peeping back around the corner.

Rolf Lundgren

Been enjoying this and love the way it's filmed.

Dr Syntax Head

I really enjoyed this. Just finished this and Back to life today and Both were really affecting. Weirdly I kept being reminded of 15 storeys high in don't forget the driver, it kind of had a similar feel in the filming and that it kept jumping to little segments off life away from the main narrative. Loved it. The model village episode was great, I've been wanting to go there for ages.