Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,314
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:34:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ever said to Manimal " Tripe"

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, April 16, 2019, 12:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

....when the actor Simon McCorkindale asked you for an honest assessment of his short-lived American telly series from 1983 ? And then annoyed him even more when said you liked him as Austin Power's boss in them films ? Then said " Eeeek! " when you realised that yer man's been dead for a while, so you've been talking to a g- g-g- ghost?
Well, have you ?
Come on, let's get this thread up to 100 pages !

Shit Good Nose

I used to love Manimal - it was my favourite of all of those Saturday afternoon American imports on ITV.  And I've not seen it since.

And his death in Jaws 3 is still pretty horrible.

But, like Michael York alive, MAcCorkindale is a perfectly polite English gentleman dead.  And on of his middle names is Pendered.

Fuck me, he didn't even make it to 60. 

Replies From View

I always liked how manimal had no choice of when he would transform into an animal, and also no control over the kind of animal he would become.

The episode where he had to cross a dry mountainous terrain as a writhing swordfish was the best one.

Gregory Torso

They'd obviously spent money on the transformation scenes of the hawk and the panther, so that's what he had to be. It's fine, if you need to fly somewhere or sneak around at night, you know, mysterious. But he could've been anything. Turn into a snail when your wife starts nagging you about being late for dinner at the Stevensons'. Become a whale in the middle of Tescos, that would be hilarious, just a humpback whale thrashing around in the bread aisle screaming and knocking loafs everywhere. Turn into some e.coli bacteria and go sliding around your boss's central nervous system.

"Hey manimal, I really need to get my keys out of this drain. Any chance you could turn into a snake and wriggle down there?"
"Yeeeeeeahhh... I could... but, what about an HAWK instead!"
"I don't think that's going to cut it, to be honest"
"Too late mate, I've already started doing the feathers."

Replies From View

I agree; there were better transforming characters in the pages of Whizzer and Chips.

Paul Calf

[tag]Ever had your dick in the Dobb?[/tag]

biggytitbo

I'm sorry, but I don't think Manimal was as good as Automan.

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 16, 2019, 02:33:06 PM

Automan was automatically a man - what's so good about that?  His condition was the same as any other ordinary man.

Blumf

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 16, 2019, 02:33:06 PM

This is a fact.

Did Manimal drive around in a glowy fast car? No, he did not! Therefore Automan is the best. Case closed!

No offence to Manimal, but there's only so much time I can hang around with a guy who spends his time hyperventilating whilst staring at a zoo animals. Frankly, gets a bit creepy.

BlodwynPig

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Replies From View on April 16, 2019, 02:13:43 PM
I always liked how manimal had no choice of when he would transform into an animal, and also no control over the kind of animal he would become.

The episode where he had to cross a dry mountainous terrain as a writhing swordfish was the best one.

Nah, once he deliberately turned in to a cat so that he could suckle a woman's nipple and that was no accident.

biggytitbo

Automan wears his auto seat belt, whilst pretending not to be a rip off of Tron.

What was Manimal not a rip off of?

Johnny Yesno

willpurry

I preferred the short lived team version,  "Manifold".