Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:22:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bought my girlfriend Final Fantasy 10 on the switch yesterday.

Started by Fry, April 17, 2019, 03:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fry

If she hates it should I bin her? or is the relationship salvageable?

I reckon she'll like it, she loves undertale and enjoyed the first few hours of Octopath Traveler. She also loves a good romance story. She has to like it, right?

So far all she's said is that the upgrade system is confusing.

St_Eddie

You like Final Fantasy X?  If anything, your girlfriend should dump you!

Fry

You don't!?!?! I wish you were my girlfriend so I could dump you right now.

St_Eddie

Your girlfriend's really going to question her taste in men when she reaches the Tidus/Yuna laughing scene.

Bazooka

If she can hack Blitzball without contemplating suicide, she is a keeper.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Fry on April 17, 2019, 03:41:06 AM
She also loves a good romance story.

In that case, I sure hope she like a badly written romance story too.

Fry

She's just sent me a message "Damn Sin ain't playing around". I completely forgot about when the little baby gets absolutely ganked by Sin that was well harsh.

Urinal Cake

If you wanted to see if your gf was a keeper I would've asked her to play Persona 4. Chie, Yukiko, Rie and Naoto which waifu would she choose?

madhair60

Fry

Quote from: madhair60 on April 17, 2019, 07:57:15 AM
There is nothing wrong with the laughing scene.

I agree with you. It's them being cute and goofy.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Urinal Cake on April 17, 2019, 08:04:22 AM
The scene is fine.

The scene is... questionable.

Quote from: Urinal Cake on April 17, 2019, 08:04:22 AM
The acting is atrocious.

The acting is not merely atrocious, it is the flagrant and callous raping of one's earlobes.

Urinal Cake

Wakka and Lulu in the background going wtf in the background indicates that the writer knew what they were doing. Luckily that part didn't need voice acting.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Urinal Cake on April 17, 2019, 08:25:51 AM
Wakka and Lulu in the background going wtf in the background indicates that the writer knew what they were doing.

That's an extremely generous take.  Wakka and Lulu stand there, with vague smiles on their faces, looking straight ahead at the laughing couple, with no body movement whatsoever, as though to suggest 'isn't it nice to see our friends having a good old laugh together'.  How you get 'wtf' from that is beyond me.

On the other hand, Yuna saying "you probably shouldn't laugh anymore" actually does show some self-awareness on the part of the writer but then the fucking atrocity continues unabated.  It's ungodly.

madhair60

Do you understand what's happening in the scene?

It's fine. Stop going on about it. Every time FFX comes up some basic bitch goes THE LAUGHING SCENE THOUGH

Sin Agog

Quote from: Fry on April 17, 2019, 08:00:00 AM
I agree with you. It's them being cute and goofy.

Only replayed it last year, and I mostly agree.  Obvs the actors were told to speak like aliens to make up for some celestial dialogue syncing/localisation problems, and Yuna's voice actress ended up sounding particularly clipped, but I adapted and thought it was all quite sweet.  Tidus' 'this is my story' shit came across pretty narcissistic, but otherwise it wasn't too bad.  Never quite takes off like the best RPGs, though.

Urinal Cake

Okay maybe not wtf but surprise/confusion/blankness. I blame the PS2 Emotion EngineTM

St_Eddie

Quote from: madhair60 on April 17, 2019, 08:38:31 AM
Do you understand what's happening in the scene?

It's fine. Stop going on about it. Every time FFX comes up some basic bitch goes THE LAUGHING SCENE THOUGH

The laughing scene is fucking dire though, mate.  It's not like that's why I think that Final Fantasy X is shite though.  I mean, it certainly doesn't help but my issues with the game run far deeper than that.  I'd go into them here but it would take several ice ages.  It would be far quicker to simply watch Spoony's video review series.  He pretty much covered everything that I hate about this stupid game.  Final Fantasy X was a horrible, horrible letdown and the beginning of the end for my love of the series.