Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:49:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The what are you listening thread closure?

Started by Nola Carveth, April 17, 2019, 01:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nola Carveth

whomever locked this thread =  complete RoboCuntTit!

I just listened to a track I wouldn't have ever listened to if it wasnt for the poster after me who recommended it.

Just listening to the DLR album he/she recommended now as well.

That thread had the potential to broaden my musical horizons.

In summary. Please ban me. Otherwise I'll keep posting another thread until you ban me anyway.

Shite mod decision x 100

Nola Carveth

Dr Syntax Head
^^
Cheers! I listened and like lots. I regularly get mixed up between Deerhunter and Deerhoof because I don't know either that well. But both seem to be consistently decent ...

The background to the Deerhunter track reminded me a little of this Quasi track tho ... I <3 Quasi loads n loads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5C1CPsau5o

Sebastian Cobb

Given how little Barry posts in this sub I wouldn't be surprised if there was a FUCKING GRASS amongst us.

madhair60

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Why was that thread locked?

Think the boy Barry has been getting a bit overzealous with some of the locking lately, to be honest. Very recently, I had one of my relatively harmless posts completely removed, and I thought it was a bit much.
(All the other times I've had posts removed or threads locked have been fair enough )

Sebastian Cobb

holyzombiejesus

I reported and requested the thread be locked although I imagine Barry would have done so regardless. Alas, your commentless link to a youtube video of a Dave Lee Roth song will not reach the audience it deserves.

chveik

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on April 17, 2019, 02:15:50 PM
I reported and requested the thread be locked although I imagine Barry would have done so regardless.

why do you care? unless a thread is offensive or potentially harmful I don't see why it should be locked.

Nola Carveth

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on April 17, 2019, 02:15:50 PM
I reported and requested the thread be locked although I imagine Barry would have done so regardless. Alas, your commentless link to a youtube video of a Dave Lee Roth song will not reach the audience it deserves.

jesus would not approve

jus' saying, bruv <3

just remember    ....

We Built This City

DrGreggles

Gave De La Soul's 3FHaR a 30th anniversary spin last night.
Still sounds bloody good to me.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: chveik on April 17, 2019, 02:19:42 PM
why do you care? unless a thread is offensive or potentially harmful I don't see why it should be locked.

Because list threads are the bane of the forum. This has been discussed so many times already. Start a new thread if you want to talk about a song or artist you like. There is no need whatsoever for a new track by a band like Deerhunter to go in a WAYLT? thread anyway.

Nola Carveth

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on April 17, 2019, 02:28:24 PM
Because list threads are the bane of the forum. This has been discussed so many times already. Start a new thread if you want to talk about a song or artist you like. There is no need whatsoever for a new track by a band like Deerhunter to go in a WAYLT? thread anyway.
this isn't a list thread.

don't be a numpty [sarcy]mate[/sarcy]

[edit]

so I should start a different thread for every song I'm listening to and would recommend to my fellow humans?

Oh, I'm more than willing to do that.

Shall I get onto that real quick?

Well, if that's the way you guys roll, yo ... etc etc

It'll knock all the other threads off page 1 on your recommendation then... is that what youre aiming for?

Dr Syntax Head

Why not? If you don't want to read a thread scroll on.

Sebastian Cobb

Reporting benign forum threads is proper internet curtain twitching. Might as well grass your neighbour up to the council for leaving their bins out.

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 17, 2019, 02:25:21 PM
Gave De La Soul's 3FHaR a 30th anniversary spin last night.
Still sounds bloody good to me.

One of those albums that is both of it's time and also timeless

DrGreggles

I like these threads.
Found plenty of new stuff because of them, as well as being prompted to dig out some forgotten gems.

Anyone who doesn't like the "What are you listening to?" threads can just avoid them, rather than trying to get them closed.

SteveDave

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 17, 2019, 02:34:08 PM
Reporting benign forum threads is proper internet curtain twitching. Might as well grass your neighbour up to the council for leaving their bins out.

I forgot to put my bins out today. Thanks.

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: Nola Carveth on April 17, 2019, 02:07:22 PM
Dr Syntax Head
^^
Cheers! I listened and like lots. I regularly get mixed up between Deerhunter and Deerhoof because I don't know either that well. But both seem to be consistently decent ...

The background to the Deerhunter track reminded me a little of this Quasi track tho ... I <3 Quasi loads n loads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5C1CPsau5o

I freakin love the vocals on this

the

If your thread gets locked, the worst course of action is to ignore the reason for that and just start a duplicate (with added complaining about the mods).
You can contact them directly for guidance, rather than ignoring them and passive aggressively playing to the crowd.

Sebastian Cobb

I'm on this.

https://www.mixcloud.com/waynedickson/adventures-in-paradise-22-with-groove-line-records-dj-wayne-dickson-040419/?fbclid=IwAR2vgpPsogrv-A1QovR4WDI-hjw6aSiC-a7_o0QKjw5hBTVDnmor0OgApE4

FEATURING... Jocelyn Brown, Cerrone, Randy Crawford, Faze-O, Eddy Grant, Isaac Hayes, Heatwave, Chaka Khan, Evelyn "Champagne" King, Kool and the Gang, Teena Marie, Odyssey, Pointer Sisters, Don Ray, Sharon Redd, Rene and Angela, Patrice Rushen, Shalamar, Donna Summer, Luther Vandross and The Whispers.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 17, 2019, 02:34:08 PM

Yeah, it's just the same.

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 17, 2019, 02:34:44 PM
I like these threads.
Found plenty of new stuff because of them, as well as being prompted to dig out some forgotten gems.

I like this forum and I like oscillations. It's been a much better place since the WAYLT? threads were stopped. Crabwalk's LeSuperHomard thread, for example, ended up with some interesting discussion and references to other bands that would never have happened if it had just been mentioned in a WAYLT? thread.

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 17, 2019, 02:34:44 PMAnyone who doesn't like the "What are you listening to?" threads can just avoid them, rather than trying to get them closed.

But the WAYLT?s suck so much interesting stuff in to them. They're like blackholes. It's the same with the books sub forum. Why people insist on restarting them when time and time again when the owner of the forum has stated he doesn't want them is bizarre. It's not exactly difficult to start a specific thread.

Nola Carveth

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on April 17, 2019, 02:36:23 PM
I freakin love the vocals on this

yeah, theyre great.

Any Built to Spill fans out there? Oh man do I love Built to Spill

Going Against Your Mind

... very different track but same band ..

Built to Spill - Terrible/perfect

Quote from: the on April 17, 2019, 02:37:12 PM
If your thread gets locked, the worst course of action is to ignore the reason for that and just start a duplicate (with added complaining about the mods).
You can contact them directly for guidance, rather than ignoring them and passive aggressively playing to the crowd.

There are a load of decent bands with 'the' in their name.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on April 17, 2019, 02:46:59 PM
Yeah, it's just the same.

I like this forum and I like oscillations. It's been a much better place since the WAYLT? threads were stopped. Crabwalk's LeSuperHomard thread, for example, ended up with some interesting discussion and references to other bands that would never have happened if it had just been mentioned in a WAYLT? thread.

But the WAYLT?s suck so much interesting stuff in to them. They're like blackholes. It's the same with the books sub forum. Why people insist on restarting them when time and time again when the owner of the forum has stated he doesn't want them is bizarre. It's not exactly difficult to start a specific thread.

A ban on them loses loads. I regularly can't be arsed making threads and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I also stay away from wordy discussions of music because they're often like reading people describe a colour to a blind man.

holyzombiejesus

Join a different forum then, one where people want to look a lists of youtube links.

Nola Carveth

To fully evaluate the merits of this type of thread ... why dont those who oppose it stop bleating and see what happens without opposing it . ie: just watch how it works without any complaints. I'm pretty sure the results will be in contrast to thee naysayers who are whining about it

why is it so hard to ignore the thread? Ignore the thread and move on. Stop trying to play mum

cronyisms ,..

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on April 17, 2019, 02:53:04 PM
Join a different forum then, one where people want to look a lists of youtube links.

If only there was a forum where you could go around telling everyone what to do.

Dr Syntax Head

I like WAYLT threads because sometimes I see a artist I've forgotten about and not listened to in ages (e.g. built to spill) and if I feel like ti I can start a new thread for that artist if I wish. But ifs there is little to say then a WAYLT thread is perfect for a quick discussion and move on scenario. Room for both surely. Or is there limited space on the internet?