Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:05:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The what are you listening thread closure?

Started by Nola Carveth, April 17, 2019, 01:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on April 17, 2019, 02:53:04 PM
Join a different forum then, one where people want to look a lists of youtube links.

I love these because it's like having a browse. You go down rabbit holes and discover loads of stuff you wouldn't otherwise.

Ferris

I like the list threads - I've given a few bands a go I probably wouldn't have done. Also starting a new thread on (for example) the Mountain Goats got a page or so, and I don't really have the mental capacity to keep it going. I'd rather just say "go and listen to All Hail West Texas, Get Lonely and We Shall All Be Healed and ooh I'm excited for the new one" and be done with it.

If I had anything substantive to say, I'd start a new thread. I see the point that list threads absorb all the potential material for separate, distinct discussions but to be honest a lot of the time I wouldn't post anything at all.

You could say the list threads should be literally just lists and anything further has to be spun off into its own thread as a happy medium (ie if you see something in a list thread you like and want to discuss further, start a new thread and link it rather than add your 2c into the list general thread) but it isn't my forum so I don't set the rules. I'm right on this, though.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 17, 2019, 02:58:36 PM
If only there was a forum where you could go around telling everyone what to do.

If only there was someone who ran the forum who had clearly stated that he didn't want any more list threads and had actually closed one a few minutes ago.

Dr Syntax Head

That new Deerhunter song is class though. We can agree on that right

Sin Agog

Neil doesn't like them because he has heavy OCD and very specific interests, so modding those threads feels like reading endless excel spreadsheets to him (not that they really need to be modded at all).  Can't help but feel a couple of busybodies are gaming that to get their own way.

Nola Carveth

There's a weird random video of this track somewhere with a Belly Dancer dancing for the whole of it ... but It didn't come up on pootube first page search ... so I'll use this link instead ..

The Wild Kindness - Silver Jews

I f'in love this track and then some

Nola Carveth

HOW BOUT EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO, POST A TRACK, AND EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T WANT TO, JUST STFU.

PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP.

Sin Agog

I always found the 'list thread' descriptor for a thread like this a bit confusing.  No one but the most dedicated plunderponics enthusiast would post the Top 10 Songs They're Listening to Right Now.

Nola Carveth

^ EXACTLY! (and I'm not into the top 10 of anything truth be told. That's an impossible task at the [George] Best of times <3 )

In other news, Steve Albini said ....

The Wedding Present - Dalliance

chveik

madhair60

Nola Carveth

Quote from: chveik on April 17, 2019, 03:26:08 PM
right now it's the lovely avant-folk ukrainian band Cukor Bila Smert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIEck0FDGvc

Listened. They sound like good soundtrack material. So it wouldn't surprise me if they've been on a few.

Quote from: madhair60 on April 17, 2019, 03:29:47 PM
limp biscuit

limp biscuit have a track that samples 'check out my melody' ... Limp Biscuit - My Way .. the original being --->
Eric B. & Rakim - Check out my Melody
... which is a truly epic track.

if you like that sound, try

The Beat - Mirror in the Bathroom

^^ that track is So So GOOD!

jobotic

Nothing wrong with reporting the neighbours for incorrect bin timings. At least threads don't end up being ripped up and spread all over the place by foxes.