Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 12:15:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Euro Election 2019

Started by NoSleep, April 18, 2019, 08:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who did you vote for in the Euro elections

Tories
5 (2%)
Labour
90 (36.4%)
Change UK
5 (2%)
Green
49 (19.8%)
SNP
18 (7.3%)
Plaid Cymru
9 (3.6%)
Lib Dems
22 (8.9%)
UKIP
5 (2%)
Fascist Party
12 (4.9%)
Other party (UK)
2 (0.8%)
Other party (Other EU country)
4 (1.6%)
I can't vote
3 (1.2%)
DUP
0 (0%)
SF
1 (0.4%)
SDLP
0 (0%)
UUP
1 (0.4%)
I wouldn't vote
12 (4.9%)
That bloke who pulls himself off next to the Aldi on Smithdown Road
9 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 247

jobotic

How long is this fucking drivel going to be tolerated?

By the way, if you actually mean anything at all by "fag for globalism" why don't you spell it out? Don't be coy. We all know anyway.

Buelligan

I'm not sure I do.  It just comes across to me as a rather odd person trying to be insulting and not managing terribly well.  Is there something more to it?

Anyway, Pontefract.

Quote from: WikipediaPopulation‎: ‎30,881 (North+South Wards 2011)

Context, I think, is always valuable.

imitationleather

Quote from: Buelligan on May 14, 2019, 09:49:13 AM
I'm not sure I do.  It just comes across to me as a rather odd person trying to be insulting and not managing terribly well.  Is there something more to it?

He means Jews.

Buelligan

Well, I think if it's a commonly understood antisemitic term and he's repeatedly using it (which he is), he should be reported to Barry.  Though why he should have to deal with this cunt is a mystery.  Still, we can't have the site used for hate speech.

phantom_power

Quote from: Tommy Robwatson on May 14, 2019, 09:45:28 AM
Bubsy! Maybe addition isn't your strong point - fuck knows what is - but you know that 3 <6, right?

It's heady stuff I know. Maybe use your toes to count?

Yeah, imagine using actual facts to destroy some fag for globalism's total lie about something to push his false narrative?

No, imagine not giving a fuck about the actual truth and just nodding along when fags for globalism post total bollocks. Oh, you don't have to imagine that. You already do it.

You know when Charlie Brown's teacher speaks?

Quote from: Howj Begg6m+ (Labour voters in London

Poster writes complete and utter lie that's disproven in minutes. Not just a bit off, or a qualified guess (no one is that crap at even wild guessing, surely?) just an out and out lie. Not even an exaggeration, a total and complete act of utter dishonesty, which I am grateful for. As it illustrates the extent to which the fags for globalism ignoring this lie (maybe you're so clueless you don't actually have a clue how many voters there in London? Then why not check?) will stoop to Betsy democracy. Facts don't concern them, the truth doesn't concern them, only their globalist agenda matters.

Once more Howj Begg, if you've not intentionally lies and instead are merely fucking clueless to the point of blanket ignorance, then maybe do a little research, educate yourself a little, or a lot preferably. It's not hard. Then you might not post such unqualified hillocks.

Was it just an out and out lie? Or did you really think every register voter in London is a Labour & Remain voter? How did you get it so wrong on both counts? I'm sure there's an area you're probably equipped to offer an opinion on, but it's clearly not this. Go on, gimme a giggle, how many voters did you really imagine there are in London?

Or were you just lying? Clueless? Or fake? Which are you?

Quote from: Buelligan on May 14, 2019, 09:49:13 AM

Quoteglobalism
NOUN

mass noun
The operation or planning of economic and foreign policy on a global basis.

fag1
NOUN

British
1informal in singular A tiring or unwelcome task.
'it's too much of a fag to drive all the way there and back again'
More example sentencesSynonyms
2A junior pupil at a public school who does minor chores for a senior pupil.

Def. 2, obviously.

QuoteAnyway, Pontefract.

Context, I think, is always valuable.

There's at least 900000 Labour voters in Pontefract. They all voted Remain too. But 2.1 million non Labour voters in Pontefract voted Leave, hence the 70 / 30 split.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Tommy Robwatson on May 14, 2019, 09:45:28 AM
Bubsy! Maybe addition isn't your strong point - fuck knows what is - but you know that 3 <6, right?

It's heady stuff I know. Maybe use your toes to count?

Yeah, imagine using actual facts to destroy some fag for globalism's total lie about something to push his false narrative?

No, imagine not giving a fuck about the actual truth and just nodding along when fags for globalism post total bollocks. Oh, you don't have to imagine that. You already do it.

Fuck off

jobotic

Quote from: Tommy Robwatson on May 14, 2019, 10:06:16 AM
Def. 2, obviously.

Fucking spineless public school cunt. As you lot always are.

Buelligan

He's too poorly educated.

jobotic

He's clever enough/not brave enough to not say what he means.

phantom_power

Is there anything inherently wrong with globalism, using the definition posted above? Isn't globalism pretty much necessary in today's world? Economic and foreign policy has to be on a global basis as everything is so connected nowadays. It doesn't necessarily mean forcing your policies on others or vice versa does it? Or having a one size fits all attitude

Or is "globalism" just a shibboleth or dog whistle for them foreign lot coming and taking our jobs and them muslimists wants sherry law everywhere?

Buelligan

We should make a new thread about this.  It would be interesting to clarify the concepts.  What does globalism mean to you?

phantom_power

Quote from: Buelligan on May 14, 2019, 10:20:48 AM
We should make a new thread about this.  It would be interesting to clarify the concepts.  What does globalism mean to you?

It doesn't mean a lot to me. That's why I am asking

imitationleather

Quote from: phantom_power on May 14, 2019, 10:19:29 AM
Or is "globalism" just a shibboleth or dog whistle for them foreign lot coming and taking our jobs and them muslimists wants sherry law everywhere?

Delicious Sherry Lure. A non-alcoholic cocktail very popular in the Middle East.

I know exactly what I think people are getting at when they start talking about "globalism", and it's to do with the idea that Jewish bankers are trying to impose the New World Order on us and all that kind of stuff. Tommy Robwatson is not only a dedicated goat fucker, he is also a raving antisemite.

Danger Man

Sharia MEANS law. It's ATM machine all over again.

jobotic

We've been here before with the Sorosian Agenda.

Paul Calf

'Globalism' basically means whatever you want it to mean. Anti-capitalist? It refers to a global economic system that allows the easy movement of capital to assist in the oppression of less-mobile humans. Raging anti-semite? It's (((der j00z))) simple as that. Far-right fucknut? Global international Marxism is what your personal Rosetta Stone is translating.

It's a coward's word, a scourge for those without honour or ideas or policy who just want to whip up resentment and anger and use it to divide, oppress and conquer.

Fuck them all.

Dr Rock

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/15/us/politics/globalism-right-trump.html

QuoteAnalysts who track extremist groups in the United States have expressed alarm at the use of the word [globalist] by the president-elect. They say it carries multiple meanings — from benign to sinister — and often serves as a "dog whistle" for racist, anti-Semitic and antigovernment conspiracy theorists.

"Globalism is a principle driver for the fears that animate the radical right in the United States," said Ryan Lenz, the editor of Hatewatch, a blog published by the Southern Poverty Law Center. "It is the enemy, ultimately."

What Is Globalism?
Globalism is often used as a synonym for globalization, the system of global economic interconnection that has been critiqued for decades by liberal groups like labor unions, environmental organizations and opponents of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank. But for the far right, the term encapsulates a conspiratorial worldview based on racism, xenophobia and anti-Semitism, according to Mark Pitcavage, a researcher at the Anti-Defamation League.

---

Breitbart News, the hard-right website run by Stephen K. Bannon, Mr. Trump's newly appointed chief White House strategist, frequently attacked globalism and so-called "globalist elites" during Mr. Bannon's tenure there. But no one may have done more to popularize the idea of a globalist conspiracy than Alex Jones, a far-right radio host who commands an online audience of millions through his Infowars media empire.

etc

phantom_power

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 14, 2019, 10:28:25 AM
'Globalism' basically means whatever you want it to mean. Anti-capitalist? It refers to a global economic system that allows the easy movement of capital to assist in the oppression of less-mobile humans. Raging anti-semite? It's (((der j00z))) simple as that. Far-right fucknut? Global international Marxism is what your personal Rosetta Stone is translating.

It's a coward's word, a scourge for those without honour or ideas or policy who just want to whip up resentment and anger and use it to divide, oppress and conquer.

Fuck them all.

I thought it might be something like that. I will stick with the Jew one then

https://twitter.com/paulembery/status/1128226107633827840?s=21 Awesome election broadcast. Yes, another one.

Not content with redefining numbers, and avoiding the most basic fact checks, data for globalism are now defining words too. Argument lost much?

'Yeah, I might lose every exchange, but if I sat wet just making stuff up, especially about numbers. And if I redefine words to mean whatever I want them mean, despite the fact no dictionary supports my claim, then I might gain some ground'. Do you ever stop a) losing? b) clutching c) bullshitting?

madhair60

phantom_power

Quote from: Tommy Robwatson on May 14, 2019, 10:31:30 AM
https://twitter.com/paulembery/status/1128226107633827840?s=21 Awesome election broadcast. Yes, another one.

Not content with redefining numbers, and avoiding the most basic fact checks, data for globalism are now defining words too. Argument lost much?

'Yeah, I might lose every exchange, but if I sat wet just making stuff up, especially about numbers. And if I redefine words to mean whatever I want them mean, despite the fact no dictionary supports my claim, then I might gain some ground'. Do you ever stop a) losing? b) clutching c) bullshitting?

When, will you, will you just fuck off? (sung to the tune of Bros)

Paul Calf

When you ignore him
Like the cunt he is

(also sung to the Brossy tune)

biggytitbo

Globalism is when transnational organisations, capital and corporations work together to diminish and constrain the power of the nation state in their own interests.
Internationalism is when the people work together to diminish and constrain the power of transnational organisations, capital and corporations in their own interests.

The EU is very much a globalist organisation, not an internationalist one.

Paul Calf

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 14, 2019, 10:50:34 AM
Globalism is when transnational organisations, capital and corporations work together to diminish and constrain the power of the nation state in their own interests.
Internationalism is when the people work together to diminish and constrain the power of transnational organisations, capital and corporations in their own interests.

The EU is very much a globalist organisation, not an internationalist one.

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 14, 2019, 10:28:25 AM
'Globalism' basically means whatever you want it to mean.

jobotic

Not when Farage/Trump/Bannon and their fanboys use it, as you know full well.

phantom_power

That's not what that definition up there says.

Capitalism is when transnational organisations, capital and corporations work together to diminish and constrain the power of the nation state in their own interests.