Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:50:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Euro Election 2019

Started by NoSleep, April 18, 2019, 08:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who did you vote for in the Euro elections

Tories
5 (2%)
Labour
90 (36.4%)
Change UK
5 (2%)
Green
49 (19.8%)
SNP
18 (7.3%)
Plaid Cymru
9 (3.6%)
Lib Dems
22 (8.9%)
UKIP
5 (2%)
Fascist Party
12 (4.9%)
Other party (UK)
2 (0.8%)
Other party (Other EU country)
4 (1.6%)
I can't vote
3 (1.2%)
DUP
0 (0%)
SF
1 (0.4%)
SDLP
0 (0%)
UUP
1 (0.4%)
I wouldn't vote
12 (4.9%)
That bloke who pulls himself off next to the Aldi on Smithdown Road
9 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 247

Gerald Fjord

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 17, 2019, 03:42:51 PM

Do you agree with the EU's racist migration policies, its concentration camps in Libya, it's deal with Erdogan, its 1000 miles of Trump like border walls and the 30,000 dead Africans in the med? If not then SHUT UP PLEASE.

If only people were voting for the Brexit party because of Nigel Farage's views on race, the NHS or his prefered crisp flavour. Until you see people are voting for the Brexit party because they are a single issue pressure group in a meaningless election that exists as a protest against the overturning of the biggest electoral result in our history then you'll keep losing. You've come to a gun fight with a knife.

Also, if you support overturning the referendum result - You are the extremist.

you are honestly the thickest cunt on the internet

biggytitbo

Quote from: Buelligan on May 17, 2019, 03:38:42 PM
Are you saying that 76% of Conservative voters and 76% of Labour voters now intend to vote for Farage?

If you add 62 to 14 thats 76.

jobotic

Think its your lot that bring the knives Biggy. Good to see you're using the right language now and the pretence is over.

imitationleather

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 17, 2019, 03:44:39 PM

That's numberwang.

Is your understanding of how percentages work actually that poor? You don't add together two percentages that are counting different things for an overall number.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Gerald Fjord on May 17, 2019, 03:43:58 PM
you are honestly the thickest cunt on the internet

I'll take that as a yes then, you do support the EU's racist policies. Not a dodgy poster, the ones where 1000s of people die.

Cuellar

Supporting the EU's racist policies is wrong.

We've got perfectly good English racists in this country, support them instead.

Buelligan

Do you agree with the EU's racist migration policies, its concentration camps in Libya, it's deal with Erdogan, its 1000 miles of Trump like border walls and the 30,000 dead Africans in the med? If not then SHUT UP PLEASE.

I know you copypaste this here constantly and it's hyperbolic bollocks, nevertheless, have you considered why Merkel's invitation was withdrawn?  Or, indeed, why so many are desperate to escape Africa or the Middle East, is it to do with the EU? 

Can't you go back to threads about weighing owls?  That was a good one.

Buelligan

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 17, 2019, 03:44:39 PM

Jesus christ.  I'm not surprised the idea of voting for Farage appeals.

biggytitbo

Quote from: imitationleather on May 17, 2019, 03:46:07 PM
That's numberwang.

Is your understanding of how percentages work actually that poor? You don't add together two percentages that are counting different things for an overall number.

I stand corrected, if you added the two main parties together it would be 38% between them then, which is still a massive number. Overall Labour have lost 65% of their support and the tories 80%, again both horrendous numbers.

The point of a general election is labour might lose less than the tories to other parties in votes but it could still cost them disproportionately more in seats.

Gerald Fjord

i just think you're a thick cunt and farage is a racist cunt - extrapolate my support for eu migration policy from that if you want but it will make you come across a bit like a thick cunt

biggytitbo

Quote from: Buelligan on May 17, 2019, 03:51:22 PM
I know you copypaste this here constantly and it's hyperbolic bollocks, nevertheless, have you considered why Merkel's invitation was withdrawn?  Or, indeed, why so many are desperate to escape Africa or the Middle East, is it to do with the EU? 

Do you support the EU's racist policies and actions? Do you support their forced austerity?

Simple yes or no answers will suffice here.

If yes, that's shameful, if no, then you are clearly able to continue supporting the EU despite the fact it does horrendous things, like a grown up recognising nothing is ever ideal and able separate out its good and bad things and make a decision about the overall outcome.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Gerald Fjord on May 17, 2019, 04:04:35 PM
i just think you're a thick cunt and farage is a racist cunt - extrapolate my support for eu migration policy from that if you want but it will make you come across a bit like a thick cunt

Well you already confirmed you agree with the EU's racist policies and actions that have supported concentration camps and left thousands of Africans drowned, so I don't need to keep talking to you because you're horrible.

Unless you're saying you support the EU but just not those really bad parts, which would be more reasonable.

Gerald Fjord

hey biggy how many syrian refugees has germany taken in compared to britain?

biggytitbo

Quote from: Gerald Fjord on May 17, 2019, 04:10:25 PM
hey biggy how many syrian refugees has germany taken in compared to britain?

Shush racist, you need to clarify that whilst you support the EU that doesn't mean you agree with the EU's racist policies and actions or otherwise I get to keep calling you racist whilst not engaging with anything else you say.

Fambo Number Mive

Many people who are in favour of remaining in the EU know it needs reform. The reason the EU has an awful record on helping refugees is that those in charge of the EU member states don't want to help refugees and pander to bigots in their own countries. I agree that the EU should do far more to help refugees, but do you think Britain would have taken more refugees if it was outside the EU?

imitationleather

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 17, 2019, 04:15:54 PM
Many people who are in favour of remaining in the EU know it needs reform. The reason the EU has an awful record on helping refugees is that those in charge of the EU member states don't want to help refugees and pander to bigots in their own countries. I agree that the EU should do far more to help refugees, but do you think Britain would have taken more refugees if it was outside the EU?

Definitely not while run by a PM who wanted to reduce to immigration to the tens of thousands. And then still only let them if they have multiple degrees and will be earning far above the national average.

This argument is such an exercise in false equivalence that it's killing my brain cells to read.

Buelligan

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 17, 2019, 04:01:21 PM

I stand corrected, if you added the two main parties together it would be 38% between them then, which is still a massive number. Overall Labour have lost 65% of their support and the tories 80%, again both horrendous numbers.

The point of a general election is labour might lose less than the tories to other parties in votes but it could still cost them disproportionately more in seats.

As, I think, has already been pointed out, these projections are voters who voted whatever they voted in a Westminster election, talking about how they'd vote in a European election.  What they're voting on is different, the basis for their choices is different, do you see? 

You can't take the projections and then attempt to reapply them to a future Westminster election (which will have a third set of different reasons for voting) and expect to gain any insight at all.

And your understanding of how numbers work is worrying.

Paul Calf

If only people were voting for the Brexit party because of Nigel Farage's views on race, the NHS or his prefered crisp flavour. Until you see people are voting for the Brexit party because they are a single issue pressure group in a meaningless election that exists as a protest against the overturning of the biggest electoral result in our history then you'll keep losing. You've come to a gun fight with a knife.

/r/brexitcopypasta

Gerald Fjord

committed anti-racist biggytitbo

Gerald Fjord

of course, where the eu is soft on migration it's proof of the globalist stitch up

NoSleep

This video makes a good point about what a vote for Farage represents across Europe:

https://www.facebook.com/Avaaz/videos/1043735739169073/

Zetetic

Is "not wanting the UK to leave the EU" the same as "supporting all of the government(s) of the EU"*?

*A difficult proposition at the best of times, given their many and varied contradictory stances.

I suppose that could depend on the sort of Brexit we might have. (The best of which seems to involve preserving the petty privileges of those that can currently exercise them and the main advantages for the capitalists, but binning rights for fellow citizens.)

NoSleep

Quote from: Zetetic on May 18, 2019, 01:09:22 PM
Is "not wanting the UK to leave the EU" the same as "supporting all of the government(s) of the EU"*?

*A difficult proposition at the best of times, given their many and varied contradictory stances.

It would at the least mean having a concern about the politics of other countries within the EU.

I'm not sure whether your post follows from my last one, but the concern there is who Farage can ally with subsequent to a possible revocation of A50.

Fambo Number Mive

Tory Eu elections campaigning launched.With one reporter there: https://twitter.com/rosskempsell/status/1129352205826449409

biggytitbo

Latest poll from opinium for the Observer -

QuoteLabour: 29%
Brexit: 24%
Tories: 22%

That's not for the EU elections, that's for the General election.

EU elections -

Brexit: 34%
Labour: 20%
LibDems: 15%
Tories: 12%

Just leave the EU, we can end the Brexit party and get on with being a normal country that governs itself over the normal issues that concern people. I genuinely don't want to see Farage with 50+ MPs in parliament holding the balance of power in a minority labour government, do you? LEAVE THE FUCKING EU and end this.

Absorb the anus burn

Then don't vote for him.

He's dangerous.

NoSleep

Potentially more dangerous to vote for him in the Euros.

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on May 18, 2019, 08:49:47 PM
Then don't vote for him.

He's dangerous.

Also : come up with a viable alternative

Tactile Uncle

I've recently moved homes, and the previous owner is a UKIP member so we get a lot of UKIP related post.

The pile was building up so my wife neatly wrote "Does not live at this address" on all of them to give back to the post office. I added "(Also is a cunt)" to a few in the middle so she wouldn't notice and refuse to hand them back in.

Just doing my bit for the greater good.