Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:27:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Euro Election 2019

Started by NoSleep, April 18, 2019, 08:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who did you vote for in the Euro elections

Tories
5 (2%)
Labour
90 (36.4%)
Change UK
5 (2%)
Green
49 (19.8%)
SNP
18 (7.3%)
Plaid Cymru
9 (3.6%)
Lib Dems
22 (8.9%)
UKIP
5 (2%)
Fascist Party
12 (4.9%)
Other party (UK)
2 (0.8%)
Other party (Other EU country)
4 (1.6%)
I can't vote
3 (1.2%)
DUP
0 (0%)
SF
1 (0.4%)
SDLP
0 (0%)
UUP
1 (0.4%)
I wouldn't vote
12 (4.9%)
That bloke who pulls himself off next to the Aldi on Smithdown Road
9 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 247

olliebean

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 28, 2019, 10:59:56 PM
On the rise of the far right narrative, I'm quaking in my boots at the rise of Tommy Robinson to 2% and losing his deposit, the rise of Karl Benjamin to getting totally annihalated, and the rise of UKIP to polling less than Change UK.

The fantasy narrative can only cling on to the brexit party, a single issue pressure group whose only policy is that a democratic vote actually be implemented, at which point they will disband and go away. Terrifying, we are truly teetering in the edge of the fourth reich.

Sadly, I fear the purpose of your Benjamins and Yaxley-Lennons (and, these days, UKIP) might be, in the scheme of things, the obvious fascists who we kick down the front path whilst the less obvious ones slip in quietly via the back door.

hummingofevil

Quote from: olliebean on May 29, 2019, 10:12:04 PM
Sadly, I fear the purpose of your Benjamins and Yaxley-Lennons (and, these days, UKIP) might be, in the scheme of things, the obvious fascists who we kick down the front path whilst the less obvious ones slip in quietly via the back door.

Sadly we have already been down that route. Griffin on Question Time was the canary in the mine. BNP get thrown to the dogs so UKIP can reposition themselves as the voice of the far right whilst Farage plays the "who? Racist? Moi? I don't think so." routine. Whether the rise of The Brexit Party in their place is a further repositioning away from the worst of these cunts or a direct replacement for them is yet to be seen. The lauding of the absolutely abhorent career politician Anne Widdicome as part of their mainstream makeover leaves plenty to be desired mind and suggests that ironically, once again the political mainstream in this country will land squarely on the status quo of Thatcherite ideals just with the added bonus of reduced regulation in animal husbandry and the whole-sale sell off of the (already mainly sold off) NHS.

It's why that shite about Andrew Neill owning that American alt-right cunt was so insincere. It was a way of positioning BBC News' rightist agenda as mainstream by having their most obnoxious right-wing establishment cunt seemingly knocking an even more genuinely loathsome far right one-of-them (foreigners can always serve a purpose even if they are right wing ones) to make his Brexit Farage love in seem moderate.

Buelligan

I think perhaps people need to grab on to this little idea - almost everyone that talks about brexit (I don't mean the loonies, just ordinary people) seems to be working from the position that things, for them and the people they care about, won't change that much. 

It's absolutely true, if there is no brexit, things will not change that much, Britain might change its government but there isn't going to be a huge tsunami wiping out normality for Britain.  Not because you choose to remain in the EU anyway.

If there is brexit, there will definitely be change.  You'll all get back your sovereignty not much, of course, because it will be spread very thin amongst you all but it's a positive.  You'll lose your EU citizenship, so you won't have a right to go and live and work across Europe, neither will your children or your children's children.  And America will leverage its way into your health service until you have a "health service" just like the one Americans enjoy. 

The Troubles might well kick off again in Ireland and Scotland will certainly leave the Union, Northern Ireland will follow, who knows, maybe Wales too.  There's lots of other stuff that will probably happen, like a lot of people losing their jobs and people, in general, being much poorer.  People like me, who live in the "wrong" European country will be faced with some serious problems, it'll make life harder but so fucking what.

I kind of hope you do it.  I don't really but it's a bit like listening to a friend go on and on about how they want a tattoo and you keep telling them it'll make them look like a twat but they just mither on and fucking on and in the end you think to yourself oh for fuck's sake, go and get a fucking tattoo, make yourself look like a twat because, you know what, you are a twat I just feel sorry for all your conjoined siblings who are going to have to live with the stupidest decision you ever made but go on, fill your twatty boots.

mothman

I agree with all of that. But there's one problem: I kinda need the NHS. Without it, the long- and even medium-term prospects for two members of my immediate family's survival are bleak to say the least.

And if that happens... well, can't really sugar coat it. I will devote myself, with a will and a ferocity I know I am capable of, to murdering Leavers. Well, maybe. I could be kidding. It's hard to tell.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Buelligan on May 29, 2019, 11:16:28 PM
If there is brexit, there will definitely be change.  You'll all get back your sovereignty not much, of course, because it will be spread very thin amongst you all but it's a positive.  You'll lose your EU citizenship, so you won't have a right to go and live and work across Europe, neither will your children or your children's children.  And America will leverage its way into your health service until you have a "health service" just like the one Americans enjoy. 

The Troubles might well kick off again in Ireland and Scotland will certainly leave the Union, Northern Ireland will follow, who knows, maybe Wales too.  There's lots of other stuff that will probably happen, like a lot o....

I love Buellers fire and brimstone speeches.

chveik

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on May 30, 2019, 12:22:42 AM

mate she doesn't watch game of thrones

Mr_Simnock

she's a cash in the attic woman

jobotic

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on May 30, 2019, 12:22:42 AM

You truly are the king of snide comments, but how is what she says in any way incorrect?

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: jobotic on May 30, 2019, 12:31:34 AM
You truly are the king of snide comments, but how is what she says in any way incorrect?

Do I get a crown to go with the title? I couldn't say if her speculation about possible future events is incorrect or not.

Buelligan

No crown, you get a brown star.  I'm sure you'll wear it with pride.

Mr_Simnock

Replies From View

Star colours are like karate belts you know.  You can work your way up with effort.

Buelligan

I'm not sure we should still be viewing stars like that.  Every precious little one has their own star, brown for Simnock, maybe green for the Crab and red, perhaps, for people like you and I, we're all equal and all our stars are beautiful.

Replies From View

Speak for yourself.  I was given a rubbish cardboard star with a nasty crease down it.  Somebody must have sat on it I think.

Buelligan

It was you, you idiot.

Replies From View

Buelligan

Borrow a mirror and examine your own star, I think you'll find that it is you that's been sitting on it, matey.

Replies From View

I'm not allowed any mirrors until I am old enough to have a tattoo.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on May 30, 2019, 12:12:07 PM
Borrow a mirror and examine your own star, I think you'll find that it is you that's been sitting on it, matey.

Crude

Buelligan

Buelligan

Oh, just wanted to add, following the count, I am proud to say that, in this election, my village gave four times more votes to the Parti animaliste (animal rights activists) than they gave to Les Républicains, ex-Union for a Popular Movement (heheh), Sarkozy's old crock.  Which was nice.  The gilets jaunes got one vote (I know who it was and all).

Barry Admin

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 29, 2019, 06:43:33 PM
Yes but we can just put everyone on ignore!

He's not here, and you're STILL talking about him.

So "fuck off" you snide prat.