Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:06:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

thread

Started by Gregory Torso, April 18, 2019, 08:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thread

perhaps
5 (62.5%)
absolutely not
6 (75%)
yes
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Ferris

Quote from: pancreas on April 23, 2019, 01:58:56 PM
No, honestly, do it. They will say all those things and more and they'll be pleased for the opportunity.

If I can shoehorn "Brexit" and a hot take into the thread subject line, it'll guarantee 10+ pages at least.

I'll draft something up on the whiteboard "ideas matrix" (my concept) that I keep in my home office for devising CaB threads and let you know if any ideas present themselves.

Ferris

Sorry, I've been sitting at my desk all day writing down ideas but none of them are any good. It's been just over 11 hours straight. I think I'm going to give up.

pancreas

what have you got so far maybe we can help

Ferris

I drew a cat, and wrote "bezel?" then underlined it a few times. The rest is just circles and a collage of Matt Baker that I've been putting together as a hobby.

Spoon of Ploff

Perhaps its time to bury this moribund thing in an unmarked grave, with some acorns.

Gregory Torso

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on April 24, 2019, 08:07:09 AM
Perhaps its time to bury this moribund thing in an unmarked grave, with some acorns.

That's not a very nice way to talk about Ferris. If he wants to flounce, I think he should go out with a parade.

Wednesday now. Soon be Thursday.

Hey, Punk!

Can I just say that-

nah...it doesn't matter.

Captain Z

I've been waiting all day to get home and post this.

Ferris

Quote from: Captain Z on April 24, 2019, 05:45:15 PM
I've been waiting all day to get home and post this.

And god I've enjoyed reading it! I love thread

pancreas

I don't like it.

rasta-spouse

I just put a bottle of water in the freezer

that's going to pay off!

Ferris

We used the ice cube trays to freeze and store some green curry paste the other day. Now our fried rice can be improved by adding a cube of the tasty concoction at a moments notice. Fantastic.

Know what I've realized? Novelty silicone ice cube trays can be used as moulds for other things. I have a few in the back of the freezer that someone must have left after one of our many banging super-parties, so I'm going to use them to make my own chocolates this afternoon.

I have fish-shaped ice cube trays, and maple leaf ones, and I think there's palm tree ones in there as well. Supermarket chocco in the microwave, melted and poured into the moulds (might put almonds or something in?) then chill and enjoy at my leisure. Fucking hell. It's a game-changer.

I'll post photos in here (the only good thread on CaB) later on. It's all happening!

pancreas

Hi Ferris, can you please keep this shit out of thread, thanks. No-one needs it. No-one wants it.

Captain Z

I once solidified some water in an ice cube tray.

Captain Z

Forgot to mention the interesting bit about the shape of the solid water

Captain Z

Sort of like a cube but with slightly sloped sides.

Ferris

Quote from: pancreas on April 24, 2019, 09:19:24 PM
Hi Ferris, can you please keep this shit out of thread, thanks. No-one needs it. No-one wants it.

My response to this can be summed up using this identity parade of orangutans.

And if you don't understand it, that is hardly my fault.

Ferris

Side note - don't orangutans have weird heads? I've never looked at them before. They are like maudlin human faces drawn on cast iron frying pans, but with hair and shit beards glued on the sides.

Ferris

Quote from: Captain Z on April 24, 2019, 09:25:44 PM
Sort of like a cube but with slightly sloped sides.

Right, but imagine that, right, but it's chocolate! That you melted yourself!

Mental.

Gregory Torso

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 24, 2019, 09:26:17 PM
My response to this can be summed up using this identity parade of orangutans.

I was once in love with a beautiful Malaysian girl who had previously worked in an orangutan sanctuary. I feel sad now, remembering her. She went back to Kuala Lumpur, more than a decade ago. I hope she's doing alright with those shreds of my beating heart that she took with her.

rasta-spouse

did you ever think about doing the "U-rang u-tang" joke when she called on the phone?

Ferris

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 24, 2019, 09:07:51 PM
We used the ice cube trays to freeze and store some green curry paste the other day. Now our fried rice can be improved by adding a cube of the tasty concoction at a moments notice. Fantastic.

Know what I've realized? Novelty silicone ice cube trays can be used as moulds for other things. I have a few in the back of the freezer that someone must have left after one of our many banging super-parties, so I'm going to use them to make my own chocolates this afternoon.

I have fish-shaped ice cube trays, and maple leaf ones, and I think there's palm tree ones in there as well. Supermarket chocco in the microwave, melted and poured into the moulds (might put almonds or something in?) then chill and enjoy at my leisure. Fucking hell. It's a game-changer.

I'll post photos in here (the only good thread on CaB) later on. It's all happening!

Done, in the with fridge now. Made some mango jelly as well for shits and giggles.

Going to have fish shaped chocco for tea, get in lads waheyyyy

Ferris

Came out very good. The fish have raisins in them, the maple leaves are crushed toasted hazelnuts.

Bet pancreas is raging seeing these on his precious thread!

rasta-spouse

I knew this girl who would get a can of lychees

put half a lychee in each ice cube slot, then pour the can syrup over them and freeze

so she'd have lychee ice cubes with her mango drink....... that's high-functioning!

Ferris

Captain Z

Can anybody recommend some things?