Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:00:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NSMBUDX (New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe)

Started by The Boston Crab, April 20, 2019, 05:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I finally finished this today  Not finished finished but finished the Bowser battle  I'll never get all the coins and stuff to do the bonus hard man world. It's a good game but I do think the praise for the level design, etc. is rather overstated. There were some neat ideas and moments along the way but it's an entirely forgettable experience, for me. The proof being that I literally can't remember anything about the time I've spent with the game besides the last level or two I just finished. Contrast that with Tropical Freeze (which I haven't finished, bosses are horrendous, difficult game to go back to 'cold' because it has a very particular feel and rhythm) which has left me with a feeling and an atmosphere and actual memories of stages and music and images.

NSMBUDX is a good NSMB game but that's not saying a great deal. It may not be uninspired but it's uninspiring.

madhair60

Of course, if it had been the same level over and over again and climaxed with a big bee that shoots pink polka dots you'd have cum in your pants.

St_Eddie

New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe is a ridiculous name for a game (NSMBUDXIARNFAGHOMOSEXUALPERSON).

Quote from: madhair60 on April 20, 2019, 05:36:59 PM
Of course, if it had been the same level over and over again and climaxed with a big bee that shoots pink polka dots you'd have cum in your pants.

Big laugh. Also correct.